Parsons becoming a full DE?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Micah-Mazi-Hankins-Tank

That’s a defensive line.
If Mazi and Hankins are in the game together, we'll probably be in our pseudo-3-4 front, which means you need to throw in Golston or Odighizuwa as the 5-tech, so Micah-Odig-Mazi-Hankins-Tank.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This isn’t going to wear him down either.

He was tired last year because he played almost every play and he always goes at 100 mph.

Hell, last year they have Micah a rest by putting him at MLB for the next play. He was exhausted but because he played constantly. By having enough LB’s the team can let him rest on some running downs and be fresh when he lines up on 3rd and 9.

He will be a lot more rested and not begging for a time out to rest.

None of his fatigue was because he was rushing the QB. He can do it just like Von Miller, Lawrence Taylor, Etc. Who were about his size if not smaller.
I was skeptical of how Von Miller was ever going to be an effective rusher due to size.

Proceed to pay zero attention to anything I post ever again accordingly lol.

I’m really surprised they are going this way, considering a year ago MM claimed they were ‘doing OCs a favor by letting them know where he would be on each play.’

The answer has to be they have others they are confident in to make plays. When I look around I don’t disagree.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Micah-Mazi-Hankins-Tank

That’s a defensive line.
Id still try to limit Micah in obvious run downs. Armstrong fills that.

I do think we will see much more of the Hankins Mazi combo than people think. Probably around mid year.

Also why I think Bohanna is kept. We lost Watkins and, I think, Gallimore is gone.

I see our best pairings, after a few games, as:
Hankins Mazi
Bohanna Odi

Then you have Gholston Feoko as pure pass rush guys. Feoko a kinda swiss army knife this year until he gets his DT body ready.

ghst187

Reaction score
I liked him moving all over better but no doubt he should be rushing the passer more than not.
Cascading effect though…means we have Armstrong, Tank, Sam, Parsons at DE and now Gholston and Fehoko have to kick inside but then wouldn’t be inside until nickel/dime since Hankins (and Mazi) would be inside on running downs? That’s a deep DL rotation but also niched and using a lot of roster spots.

rags747

Reaction score
I don’t like this at all. DE you know he’s rushing the qb, LB he can blitz from all over the field. Hoping it’s not true.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
I live in Austin and have no idea where he'd be working out here that would benefit him more than in Dallas with state of the art equipment the Cowboys have. It's odd he's skipping out being with his teammates.

Toro9

Reaction score
He's savvy enough to play in coverage imo. Might as well mix it up. Not that the Cowboys play much 34 anymore but the whole appeal about that D is the idea that a 4th rusher can come from anywhere. It's a cool idea and can be used in different formations.

Point being, use your catalytic players in different spots

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He’ll play both sides at times.

All those times the QB stepped up in the pocket with Parsons streaking behind him? Mazi is going to push that pocket and the QB’s will now have to stay back there and deal with Micah.

That is why he was begging Quinn for Mazi Smith.

We’ll have to see…. But having Smith inside could make a HUGE difference in the Dallas pass rush.
That's all that matters to me; I want what's best for the team. I've been whining since Maryland to find a solid DT :laugh:
Should be a fun season. They seem to find the right players on defense. And it should be even better!

John813

Reaction score
Bad idea. Need him to bulk up to 345 to be a 1 tech to rotate with Mazi.

He's best at pass rushing. He's gaining 10lb. Good with me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was hoping he would go back to being moved around between LB and DE. He was having more success. Now is complaining of being held and people taking shots at his knees. Getting dinged up and being shot out towards the end of the year. If we have enough depth and some of the players step up this year we can give him a rest during the games. We are squeezing all we can out of his rookie deal. Does anyone here think he is gonna play on that 5th year JJ will pick up. I just hope he don’t set 2 years early like Elliot did.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I don’t like this at all. DE you know he’s rushing the qb, LB he can blitz from all over the field. Hoping it’s not true.
They can still drop him into coverage every now and then, and line him up wherever they want. It's not like we're in a real 4-3 most of the time.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He wasn’t good in coverage and gets himself into trouble too often in pursuit of runners. Right move for him. DE room is stacked but LB room seems a bit light now. We really need Cox and Clark to step up.
Considering what Clark endured to get on the field, and the production I'd say he is a sleeper for a breakout season. That was a savvy pick by Dallas.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

He could be and I hope the entire league is on high alert status.
Let this man just begin to show his social status.
We all know he has the talent.
We all know he can talk the talk.
MP is going to make waves, bigger stronger MP will still be floating all over.
That has to really be a concern.

conner01

Reaction score
I support this.

Don't know why he isn't participating in the offseason program though. I'd probably trade him for that.
Just thought of this.....does this mean we need another starting LBer?
The thing about him playing both is it kept him on the field but not as physically taxing as DE full time. I think he played too many snaps some last year
At full time DE he’s gonna play less snaps