Twitter: Parsons: Cowboys nations am I safe yet?

visionary

Reaction score
I know there were a few that were pining for Micah from the get-go, but the one I truly remember (and he was thorough on his thoughts about it) was @AsthmaField .
He was almost begging for Micah, but with the caveat that they play him the right way, and he detailed how.
And they did it all exactly how he called it to the results we now see.
The stars really aligned on that one.
What about be? I was begging for him to be our pick
Clearly you have not been paying adequate attention to my posts
Let this be the last time
:angry:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
What about be? I was begging for him to be our pick
Clearly you have not been paying adequate attention to my posts
Let this be the last time
:angry:
My most humble apologies mon signor!
And I do, generally, pay utmost attention to you.
I'm not perfect.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does am I safe yet mean?

If he has a problem with some of the reactions of the fans after he was drafted, he should have sat down and had a talk with Yosemite about unhappy fans. He saw that so much that he addressed it coming into his first pc but he did not do that with attitude, he was humble and immediately became a player I could easily pull for to shine.

Maybe Parsons should address the Joneses taking a chance on not getting him with that trade back and while the old man was saying it was always Parsons in his radio show the son said the CB's, Horn and Surtain, were the targets but gone.

Is there any player that seeks the social media spotlight more than Parsons? Booger has got to love that.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What does am I safe yet mean?

If he has a problem with some of the reactions of the fans after he was drafted, he should have sat down and had a talk with Yosemite about unhappy fans. He saw that so much that he addressed it coming into his first pc but he did not do that with attitude, he was humble and immediately became a player I could easily pull for to shine.

Maybe Parsons should address the Joneses taking a chance on not getting him with that trade back and while the old man was saying it was always Parsons in his radio show the son said the CB's, Horn and Surtain, were the targets but gone.

Is there any player that seeks the social media spotlight more than Parsons? Booger has got to love that.
I'm assuming the "Yosemite" that you're referring to is Travis Frederick. Yeah, if anyone had to deal with irate fans, that poor guy did. I don't think anyone was happy about that pick at all!! As for me, I was indifferent because I didn't really know much about him...he wasn't a flashy pick with name recognition....so I was like, "meh".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm assuming the "Yosemite" that you're referring to is Travis Frederick. Yeah, if anyone had to deal with irate fans, that poor guy did. I don't think anyone was happy about that pick at all!! As for me, I was indifferent because I didn't really know much about him...he wasn't a flashy pick with name recognition....so I was like, "meh".
I took up for him at the time for one reason, Bret Bielema was the new HC at AR and the Joneses tapped his opinion and he was considered a lineman guru so they had inside info on him and it proved to be valuable info, he was solid.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You’d think NFL scouts would have recognized he was more than a LB. Glad we did.
Sounds like a project with a top 10 pick..

Nobody knew he could do what he does or we don’t get him.

Middle linebackers don’t get picked high in the draft. Especially when their coverage instincts are poor.

We lucked out he can rush the passer because his games at linebacker have been very underwhelming

Green Bay rushing for 207 against us last year with him at linebacker was awful.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You’d think NFL scouts would have recognized he was more than a LB. Glad we did.
Man these scouts man......I don't get it. And for the record I'm not entirely stuck on this whole "don't take a linebacker" that high or even "don't take a RB that high"...and there's different reasons for why people feel that way being people think the game is getting away from linebackers with all these nickel defenses being ran most of the game but I fell in love with Parsons tape. He played up to this speed. Some guy run a 4.3 or 4.4 and it doesn't show up on tape especially outside of corner. His was legit. He was tracking guys down at a elite level that I had not seen in Dallas in forever if at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Middle linebackers don’t get picked high in the draft. Especially when their coverage instincts are poor.

We lucked out he can rush the passer because his games at linebacker have been very underwhelming

Green Bay rushing for 207 against us last year with him at linebacker was awful.
But see this is where the scouts get it wrong. They should be able to see his traits and see him as a potential rusher but let's say for arguments sake they couldn't' see it. Fair enough.

The guy was a stud from sideline to sideline. He had 4.3 speed. People freak out when they see a receiver run a 4.3 speed....even though there's a few guys that can do it every year. But for some reason they thought a linebacker who can run a 4.3....gifted athlete couldn't develop better coverage skills?

Them not seeing him as a potential pass rusher is a misstep on their part. They should've saw it. All the signs were there.

32BellyOption

Reaction score

Even great LBers need d-linemen in front to contain blockers. I’m guessing if all Micah did was play LBer he’d be pretty special at it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But see this is where the scouts get it wrong. They should be able to see his traits and see him as a potential rusher but let's say for arguments sake they couldn't' see it. Fair enough.

The guy was a stud from sideline to sideline. He had 4.3 speed. People freak out when they see a receiver run a 4.3 speed....even though there's a few guys that can do it every year. But for some reason they thought a linebacker who can run a 4.3....gifted athlete couldn't develop better coverage skills?

Them not seeing him as a potential pass rusher is a misstep on their part. They should've saw it. All the signs were there.
Projecting him in coverage is one thing.

Being an edge guy is an entirely different ball game. It’s a whole craft of its own.

Of course he was a super athlete but so was the kid from Clemson who went to Arizona and I never hear about that guy.

JayFord

Reaction score
With our fans

Young man you could break the sack record and imo you will and these fans will want to trade you because of one missed sack in the second quarter of week 6

Go out there and ball and be you man I appreciate you on my squad and let's get a championship!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
With our fans

Young man you could break the sack record and imo you will and these fans will want to trade you because of one missed sack in the second quarter of week 6

Go out there and ball and be you man I appreciate you on my squad and let's get a championship!
Dude Demarcus ware was amazing and people on here thought he was overrated..

Micah Parsons can absolutely dominate a game but if a sack doesn’t show up in the stat sheet he’s overrated lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Projecting him in coverage is one thing.

Being an edge guy is an entirely different ball game. It’s a whole craft of its own.

Of course he was a super athlete but so was the kid from Clemson who went to Arizona and I never hear about that guy.
Isiah Simmons has shown flashes but they have no idea how to use him. And hell maybe no one does. I remember people compared Micah to him....I don't think they should be played the same. He won't be the pass rusher Micah is but I'd for sure play him like Quinn plays Kearse. I actually wish the Cowboys could get their hands on Simmons. Been asking for that I think he'd flourish under Quinn.

They picked him too high not to have a role for him....

And Micah is just build different. And this is something I've learned from him based on his social media and quotes from him that scouts should've picked up on to. He's a DOG. He's a competitor. He thinks he can do everything. He thinks he can play every position on the field. HE's a true student of the game to. He watches tape of guys who played before he was even born. That type of stuff matters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude Demarcus ware was amazing and people on here thought he was overrated..

Micah Parsons can absolutely dominate a game but if a sack doesn’t show up in the stat sheet he’s overrated lol.
That Ware stuff is so idiotic.

Fans can't be trusted when it comes to talking about certain predictions. DE and CB....the two positions fans just have no idea on what they do. They gauge it strictly on interceptions and sacks.

People thought Ware was overrated because he wasn't "mean" or a d-bag. I remember some fans saying that at one time. I think as he retired fans have come to appreciate him more...maybe it was him holding up the Lombardi under Wade.