Twitter: Parsons: Cowboys nations am I safe yet?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Parsons is going to be too costly for some fans here. I’ve already seen several wanting to know what they think his trade value would be. You have fans here that don’t want to pay anyone. They don’t want players to get too good or they’ll be too costly to re-sign. Lol
I'm one that thinks Micah deserves to be paid top dollar for him being top teir. But how would you feel if they were paying LVE
Top teir money? The few here that have talked about trading Parsons are saying that because he deserves a SB ring and he won't get it with Dak as the QB.

Carson

Reaction score
I didn’t hate the pick.

But I was a very big big fan of Surtain.

McMicah

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE Micah, but those tweets weren’t completely untrue. Micah is barely even a LB anymore. He’s a pass rusher and none of us couldve predicted that. As a pass rusher he’s a top 3 pick in the draft so we win all the marbles.

But guess what? He is suspect in coverage. That tweet wasn’t wrong. Good thing he’s an elite pass rusher that doubles as a nasty thumping LB

Proof

Reaction score
When you see how many Cowboys fans are turning on Micah and yet continue to embrace Dak, once again you have to come to the conclusion we are getting exactly what we deserve in terms of results.
where is this happening lol. y’all just say anything

khiladi

Reaction score
How do you spell diva ?
This era is about building brand image to make more money. Anthony Davis, when he signed with Klutch, he basically said they can develop his brand image. There is a reason Lebron and his boys eventually shifted to LA. They operate on social and digital media. Facebook and IG. As well as Twitter and every other platform is about digital advertising. They get paid for clicks. It’s why they even yap about anything not football-related, including “woke” causes.

I’m surprised very few have understood this part of the model.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
And these same people will say they always wanted him lol……

I didn't want him. Neither did some of the internet talking heads like Cavanaugh and Voch.

The ones that didn't cited his tendency to play hero ball, be overly aggressive from an off ball linebacker position and mostly were concerned with his head more than his talent. Don't let hindsight cloud that those were some legit concerns post Jaylon Smith. The Cowboys weren't 100% all in either, nor were other teams as Dallas was able to trade back and still pick him up.

And I was wrong. I'll gladly eat my crow and I continue to do so. And to be fair some of that is because the coaches recognized his tendencies and turned those aggressive tendencies into an asset as a rusher.

But, no, I don't think the people that had concerns about Parsons can't be excited for what he has become and be happy that he ended up being a steal at the place he was taken.

He is a bit of a headcase as we've seen. I just hope that attitude stays on twitter and not in the field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm one that thinks Micah deserves to be paid top dollar for him being top teir. But how would you feel if they were paying LVE
Top teir money? The few here that have talked about trading Parsons are saying that because he deserves a SB ring and he won't get it with Dak as the QB.
LVE isn’t getting paid top-tier money because he’s not worth top-tier money. No one here would want to see him getting paid top-tier money. The ones that want to move on from Parsons have gotten put off that he wears down as the season goes on and his sack numbers start to drop off. Plus some don’t think he’s shown up in our two playoff losses to San Francisco. When fans don’t want to see a player paid, they start looking for holes in their game. If you’re not winning championships with a player, some fans want to move on from them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some people see a guy like Parsons and think "Herschel Walker trade: Part 2".
Those are idiot fans who think that. The Cowboys traded Herschel Walker because they had a terrible team and weren’t going anywhere with him. That team had very little talent. They were in total rebuild mold and had holes everywhere that needed to be filled. The Cowboys are currently coming off back to back 12-5 playoff seasons and have a very good team with a lot of talent. They have all the pieces to win a championship they just need more consistent play.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He was a linebacker. He was gonna be there for sure. Nobody was taking a linebacker top 10.
There’s a guy who will be sitting there at 26 who is the exact version of Micah but plays LB better and is almost, if not as, good a pass rusher………Drew Sanders. He’s the guy I want at 26.

Scotman

Reaction score
The hazing issues sounded super, super serious to me. So, I wasn't all in for Parsons. It was just truly scary stuff, to me, if it was true. I was all in on Slater. I just didn't see a downside to picking up Slater. He looked like as close to an automatic homerun as you could possibly have.

Parsons has been so much better than I thought he could ever be. That said, I'd still like to see where there careers are at after 10 years. I still see Slater as a can't miss and I wonder how long Parsons will last. And, I GENUINELY hope, Parsons continues to prove me wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The biggest mistake was people not being able to project his pass rush ability. When he was coming out I thought he would be elite as a 3-4 OLB and my comp for him was Von Miller. But him playing off ball at Penn State made it hard for people to project that.

Luckily for the cowboys. If Penn State would have played him at edge. He would have been a top 5 pick easily.
Yep.

When we opened with the Bucs his rookie year I was like well he’s a giant project.

Then all of our defensive ends get hurt and they tell him to do less thinking and just go get the QB.

It took me about a half of football to see the guy was about as good as it gets as a edge player and it just came to him naturally unlike playing linebacker where he needs a ton of work.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Since I dont watch much college sports, I honestly didnt know anything about Parsons. The more I learned about about him, the more I liked him. Especially after I watched "Road to the NFL draft"...