Parsons epitomizes what this team is

Aven8

Reaction score
His time with DQ has run its course. Need a new DC that can scheme him to get the best out of him.

foofighters

Reaction score
Parsons is an all world athletic talent but despite all of the hype, good teams seem to find a way to neutralize him and make him average and ineffective.
He talks a good game but seems to disappear in big games. He like many others in the Cowboys organization/team build on/up the hype and talk a lot before the game but come up small when it counts.
And now Parsons will be paid at the Top of his position along with Dak, despite no real achievements and they will hamper the teams ability to resign and retain players relegating this team to also ran status.
Does he disappear? Or is that the offense only worries about him because we don't have any LB'ers? Look DeMarcus Ware. If Jerry had provided a true, huge NT, we'd be talking about Ware being the greatest pass rusher of all time. I remember people saying that Ware also vanished as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is not Lawrence Taylor. That being said, he’s the reason this defense is top 5. If you can neutralize him, it’s over. That’s how much havoc he creates.

If we had a bunch of Parsons on this team, we’d go undefeated..

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Parsons is an all world athletic talent but despite all of the hype, good teams seem to find a way to neutralize him and make him average and ineffective.
He talks a good game but seems to disappear in big games. He like many others in the Cowboys organization/team build on/up the hype and talk a lot before the game but come up small when it counts.
And now Parsons will be paid at the Top of his position along with Dak, despite no real achievements and they will hamper the teams ability to resign and retain players relegating this team to also ran status.
You mean, the organization? He was a lion coming out. Now he's turned Hollywood, just like this organization. It's what people talk about when we discuss culture.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Does he disappear? Or is that the offense only worries about him because we don't have any LB'ers? Look DeMarcus Ware. If Jerry had provided a true, huge NT, we'd be talking about Ware being the greatest pass rusher of all time. I remember people saying that Ware also vanished as well.
Fans called Ware a stat-padder who didn't care about winning, then he got 2 sacks in the Super Bowl for Denver.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is not Lawrence Taylor. That being said, he’s the reason this defense is top 5. If you can neutralize him, it’s over. That’s how much havoc he creates.

If we had a bunch of Parsons on this team, we’d go undefeated..
He’s the only one who even laid a finger on Jordan Love yesterday.

Osa, Armstrong, Williams, Fowler were all on milk cartons.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ware won because his back 7 had dawgs, he had von Miller and Peyton. People still think a dt would've stopped Sunday lol. Slap daron payne on thus team in Hankins place we still get dog walked.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
All of his talk about how Dan Quinn might take him with him after he leaves for a head coaching job. Just for Dan Quinn to call one of the worst games any DC has in the history of the NFL playoffs and for Parsons himself to disappear when he is needed the most.

Creeper

Reaction score
I see a lot of this talk on social media and hear. I have to laugh about it. If Parsons is so bad, why do teams put tow and 3 guys on him to stop him from making plays? Yeah, he sucks so we'll block him with 3 guys said no team ever. And when he gets blocked by 3 guys, why is he the one who is supposed to beat double and triple teams but the guys getting singled teamed who do nothing are never mentioned? Did you notice how the Packers were keeping extra guys in to block Parsons on passing downs? They took TEs out of pass routes to have them help block Micah. You don't think that helps the defense? And when the secondary has to cover 3 guys instead of 4 and they let receivers get wide open, it's Micah's fault because he did not beat a double team block in under 2 seconds. Tell me, who on the Cowboys defense consistently gets pressure on a single team block? No one.

This is the problem with the defense. They have Parsons and then a bunch of JAGs playing up front. Do you know why TJ Watt faces so few double teams? It's not just because he is not that good. It's because the middle of the Steeler DL cannot be left alone with single team blocks. The Steeler get pressure up the middle which is more destructive than Watt coming from outside. If the Steeler had a bunch of weakling up front rushing the passer, Watt would get a lot more double teams.

And what did Quinn do to help Parsons? How many times did he bring a LB or safety on a blitz alongside Micah to ensure he got a single team? Once that I saw. It was one of those plays where Love threw off is back foot and hit a wide open receiver downfield. Maybe Micah should have beat the block then run downfield to cover the receiver too.

I mean seriously. We have one guy on defense who actually makes plays directly or indirectly for the defense and every blames him because no one else does their job right.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
he is too small for a consistent DE, every year wears down by game 10. he should move back to LB and rush 30% of the time. That said, I dont know if he play LB anymore given how he has been used his pro career

This any smart DC would and could see this.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I see a lot of this talk on social media and hear. I have to laugh about it. If Parsons is so bad, why do teams put tow and 3 guys on him to stop him from making plays? Yeah, he sucks so we'll block him with 3 guys said no team ever. And when he gets blocked by 3 guys, why is he the one who is supposed to beat double and triple teams but the guys getting singled teamed who do nothing are never mentioned? Did you notice how the Packers were keeping extra guys in to block Parsons on passing downs? They took TEs out of pass routes to have them help block Micah. You don't think that helps the defense? And when the secondary has to cover 3 guys instead of 4 and they let receivers get wide open, it's Micah's fault because he did not beat a double team block in under 2 seconds. Tell me, who on the Cowboys defense consistently gets pressure on a single team block? No one.

This is the problem with the defense. They have Parsons and then a bunch of JAGs playing up front. Do you know why TJ Watt faces so few double teams? It's not just because he is not that good. It's because the middle of the Steeler DL cannot be left alone with single team blocks. The Steeler get pressure up the middle which is more destructive than Watt coming from outside. If the Steeler had a bunch of weakling up front rushing the passer, Watt would get a lot more double teams.

And what did Quinn do to help Parsons? How many times did he bring a LB or safety on a blitz alongside Micah to ensure he got a single team? Once that I saw. It was one of those plays where Love threw off is back foot and hit a wide open receiver downfield. Maybe Micah should have beat the block then run downfield to cover the receiver too.

I mean seriously. We have one guy on defense who actually makes plays directly or indirectly for the defense and every blames him because no one else does their job right.
He's a great player.......he just doesn't move the needle for how the team is currently constructed. Khalil mack actually won dpoy and got traded. Micah is lesser than him so........

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been saying we should cash him in for months. We need LBs who can stop the run and DTs who can stop the run. How many more times is Aaron Jones going to own this defense ?

Praxit

Reaction score
Parsons now has the cowboys cultural stink on him.

Listen to Jesse Holley talk about it.

The cowboys organization is about selling tickets, selling merchandise, cameras, being an entertainment company.

The patriots were the exact opposite where literally everything was just about winning football games.
...reason he primarily wanted to come to Dallas. The Glitz.

yentl911

Reaction score
Well, he doesn't have the build to line up against these huge tackles week in and week out.

You have him do that over a 17 game season and then wonder why he has fallen off or has disappeared??

Just dumb not to see why.