Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s not having a down year. In terms of sacks yes . He’s learning how to play football, how to set the edge. Just not play for the glory but play football.
They put him in position to get sacks and he’s come up with only one so yes he’s having a down year. He hasn’t made that many plays this season and now he’s hurt.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Simple, he isn't focused on being a champion, and the podcast shows his lack of seriousness. Same with Romo and golf. There will be plenty of time for that nonsense after retirement. If you want to be a champion you have to focus every and any energies towards that goal.

This podcast is part of the problem with his play so far this season. His mind isn't on the game.
Are you serious??????
Like Romo, I think he does this on his days off. HOW is that taking his mind away from the game? Believe it or not, players do have other life besides football.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons seems to be doing everything he can to turn the fans and even the team against him. Fans and the media have complained about him doing podcasts while he’s still playing. He’s having a down year and is injured. It’s going to be interesting to see if the Joneses want to pay him close to $40 million per after this season.
It would be a hard pass for me to pay him anything close to that, he may want to start in the low 20's

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They put him in position to get sacks and he’s come up with only one so yes he’s having a down year. He hasn’t made that many plays this season and now he’s hurt.
No, they put them in position to stop the run set the edge. And he is struggling. He’s playing a different role and he can’t handle it right now. He’s a great athlete. He should get better with what they are asking.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Kelce has had a podcast for awhile now and has won two super bowls.

Also, he probably puts a couple hours a week towards this. These players have lives. All of them. Not a single one is watching film and practicing through every waking hour of the day.
Bingo!!!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Are you serious??????
Like Romo, I think he does this on his days off. HOW is that taking his mind away from the game? Believe it or not, players do have other life besides football.
you're very right, but the thing is when we don't know about it, we can't call it a distraction!! A lot of players are tied to other things outside of football that we don't know about!

HungryLion

Reaction score
Parsons seems to be doing everything he can to turn the fans and even the team against him. Fans and the media have complained about him doing podcasts while he’s still playing. He’s having a down year and is injured. It’s going to be interesting to see if the Joneses want to pay him close to $40 million per after this season.

The Jones’ are going to pay him.

Even with a down year so far.

Praxit

Reaction score
...one sack in four games. That comes to 5 or 6 for the year, averaging.

Next year, he's going to command $$$$$$$. Things getting dicey.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He hasn’t done well at getting to the QB or stopping the run this season. They showed him being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans.
Yes, he’s struggling. I totally agree. I also understand what might be the issue.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I honestly don’t see the issue.

By all reports Parsons practices hard and if you just watch the game. You will see he plays hard and wants to win.

Who cares if he gets along with other players off the field. When he is on the field Parsons is trying to win.

The podcast is the least of our worries.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kelce has had a podcast for awhile now and has won two super bowls.
He didn’t start doing Podcasts until 2022. He already had a Super Bowl win by then. No one‘s going to complain when you’re playing for a great team and have a championship. The Chiefs are competing for Super Bowls every year.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I honestly don’t see the issue.

By all reports Parsons practices hard and if you just watch the game. You will see he plays hard and wants to win.

Who cares if he gets along with other players off the field. When he is on the field Parsons is trying to win.

The podcast is the least of our worries.
I'm pretty sure the entire team practices hard other than the one week where it was reported that on Thursday the practice wasn't good. If they're practicing well, something should bold well for them in the game

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A lot of players are tied to other things outside of football that we don't know about!
No question......I will admit I had issues with Romo and his golfing. But only cuz he was trying to become a professional golfer and that takes a ton of practice. My concern ( I remember some posters over at The Ranch ate me alive) was the wear and tear or toll the excessive practicing would have on his back. It turns out I was right........his last 2-3 years in the league, he gave up competition golf out of concerns about his back.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No question......I will admit I had issues with Romo and his golfing. But only cuz he was trying to become a professional golfer and that takes a ton of practice. My concern ( I remember some posters over at The Ranch ate me alive) was the wear and tear or toll the excessive practicing would have on his back. It turns out I was right........his last 2-3 years in the league, he gave up competition golf out of concerns about his back.
Good points, so hopefully in 2-3 years it'll affect Micah's vocals on the field, and the other parts of his body will remain greatly intact!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He didn’t start doing Podcasts until 2022. He already had a Super Bowl win by then. No one‘s going to complain when you’re playing for a great team and have a championship. The Chiefs are competing for Super Bowls every year.
Ok, they won the Super Bowl in 2022 and 2023 so I'm not sure you can say him doing a podcast is in any way hurting the team.