Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
At the end of the day...professional athletes compete, period, end of story. They can be friends, clubbing buddies whatever you wanna call it but when the time for the rim, the field, the ring alls forgotten and goal is to embarrass you.

Check out this exchange between Deion and Ocho ( both went to Florida State ) ....Funny as hell

I don’t know why fans have problem with players communicating with other players. It’s like a forbidden thing I don’t know about.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
he is injured. his team sucks. his defense is in trouble. yet he has time to do Podcast...AWSOME
Does it really bother you. Are you just being sarcastic. Because who cares what he does when he’s not on the field ,physical therapy is boring. I’d be on my phone too.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t know why fans have problem with players communicating with other players. It’s like a forbidden thing I don’t know about.
if you watched in the 70-90's then you saw actual rival players who did not like each other.....they went after each other in a diferent way then. People could relate to the players ALSO hating the beagles players, there was some comfort in it even when they lost.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol. this really made me laugh. I love that you can play with the words. Or no pun intended lol . he looks horrible out there like he’s never played football before. I guess that’s all they ever ever asked him to do. Was get to the quarterback. Forget about tackling or anything else. Just tackle the. quarterback. Because he’s not even tackling him when he gets there.
I never said he looked horrible. You’re playing on words if that’s what you got out of my post. He’s had issues getting to the QB and when he gets there, he’s whiffed on a few sacks. He had his hands on Deshaun Watson in the opener twice, but Watson was able to slip away. He’s having to take on a lot of blockers. The problems we’re having on the DL is contributing to his struggles. It was really strange to see him being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never said he looked horrible. You’re playing on words if that’s what you got out of my post. He’s had issues getting to the QB and when he gets there, he’s whiffed on a few sacks. He had his hands on Deshaun Watson in the opener twice, but Watson was able to slip away. He’s having to take on a lot of blockers. The problems we’re having on the DL is contributing to his struggles. It was really strange to see him being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans.
I never said you said he looked horrible. I’m saying he looks horrible in his new role. And I agree with you on everything you said. Except having it down year compared to struggling. Down year and struggling a two different aspects to me. because you’re not doing the same thing you used to do. So you don’t know if it’s a down year because he never did it before.

StarLord

Reaction score
Simple, he isn't focused on being a champion, and the podcast shows his lack of seriousness. Same with Romo and golf. There will be plenty of time for that nonsense after retirement. If you want to be a champion you have to focus every and any energies towards that goal.

This podcast is part of the problem with his play so far this season. His mind isn't on the game.
This is so absolutely asinine. So it takes like 2-3 hours? What if someone reads a book for a few hours each week? You'll condemn it? Get serious.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I never said you said he looked horrible. I’m saying he looks horrible in his new role.
Not exactly sure what you meant by this comment. Maybe that was meant for another poster. :huh:

lol. this really made me laugh. I love that you can play with the words. Or no pun intended lol . he looks horrible out there like he’s never played football before.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not exactly sure what you meant by this comment. Maybe that was meant for another poster.
You said he looks worn down. I was using the word down as down year the pun. I guess you didn’t get the joke. I used to go on the old Cowboys website fan forum. We used to make fun all the time over there people here not you, people here are too serious all the time. some of them really believe in the referee propaganda or the league is out to get us and a bunch of other weird things I don’t know. Like what’s wrong with the player communicating with all the players when he’s not playing.

Praxit

Reaction score
I'm seriously starting to dislike Micah. He's no dog.
..he's a poodle, in big dog costume.
dog.gif

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
This will probably bother the Eagles fans way more than Cowboys .....we're used to off the field things like this DURING the season..

I care more about Micah going AWOL in December and January
No problem here. We’re not all complete zealots. Besides, the NFL is a brotherhood so it’s just brothers sittin’ around choppin’ it up.

Lot of vitriol being heaped on Parsons down there. Look, if you guys want to ditch the guy, Howie WILL find a way to get him in green.

Take note of the complainers now cuz if/when he’s gone, they can’t complain later.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It’s a cult of personality now in our society. People don’t have loyalty to teams, only to players and their brand.
Seinfeld said it best. Loyalty to a sports team is nothing more than being loyal to the color of laundry. Players change all the time.

Sports loyalty is a little weird if you step back and think about it because you are being loyal to a franchise of players, ownership, etc who don't care about you at all and and don't even know you exist. These teams will up and move if the taxpayers don't agree to being extorted to fund their shiny new stadiums.

I know more and more people who root for individual players and whatever team they play for ala Lebron James rather than for the team itself. Once he moves, they no longer care about that team. Fantasy sports plays a role in this, too. Rooting for your own interests of your lineups over your team's result. Or placing bets against your team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Seinfeld said it best. Loyalty to a sports team is nothing more than being loyal to the color of laundry. Players change all the time.

Sports loyalty is a little weird if you step back and think about it because you are being loyal to a franchise of players, ownership, etc who don't care about you at all and and don't even know you exist. These teams will up and move if the taxpayers don't agree to being extorted to fund their shiny new stadiums.

I know more and more people who root for individual players and whatever team they play for ala Lebron James rather than for the team itself. Once he moves, they no longer care about that team. Fantasy sports plays a role in this, too. Rooting for your own interests of your lineups over your team's result. Or placing bets against your team.
The NFL has shown a master class in how to create a brand...to get parity they knew they need to get fans to cut ties to players and have laundry loyalty first but NFL loyalty a close second...they do it better than any other sport in the US by far.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m surprised at the tackling somebody, he doesn’t help them up OMG