Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Jones’ are going to pay him.

Even with a down year so far.
They’ll probably pay him, but they could also change their mind depending on how this season goes. He hasn’t performed to the level he did his first two seasons.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
i can see both sides....he is building something for life after football (his words) and thats bad optics to some fans who think he should be 100% working on his current job..i get that, the younger gen uses social media as a way of life so they will not see anything wrong with this..i get that too...me i like Jake Furgesons attitude but also understand thats not your everyday player anymore..

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You claimed he wasn’t having a down year. If a player is struggling, they’re having a down year. Now he’s injured and is going to miss games.
Excuse me for not properly using my words. He’s not having a down year for what they’re asking him to do, he’s having a down year and not getting sacks but that’s not what he’s doing

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You claimed he wasn’t having a down year. If a player is struggling, they’re having a down year. Now he’s injured and is going to miss games.
Struggling and having a down year, a two different things. You’re having a down year, because you’re not doing something you used to do struggling because you’re not used to it something new. I mean, give me a break.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ok, they won the Super Bowl in 2022 and 2023 so I'm not sure you can say him doing a podcast is in any way hurting the team.
No one is saying what Parsons is doing is hurting the team, but it is frustrating the fan base and his performance on the field hasn’t been that great lately. Fans have been jumping on him for two seasons about his podcasts and even members of the media are criticizing him. Skip Bayless went on a long rant last year about his podcasts. No one would be saying anything about them if the Cowboys were having playoff success and winning championships.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Struggling and having a down year, a two different things. You’re having a down here because you’re not doing something you used to do struggling because you’re not used to it something new. I mean, give me a break.
We will find out in the comming weeks, your probably going to have more of a true DE in his spot so we will see if the edges harden up on the run, Zimm will have to manufacture pressure with Tank and #11 out but if the run D is better thats hopefully a start to fixing the edges..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Micah is proving he's all about himself, his feelings and doing anything he can to make extra money. No loyalty or rivalry from most of today's players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Struggling and having a down year, a two different things. You’re having a down year, because you’re not doing something you used to do struggling because you’re not used to it something new. I mean, give me a break.
Him struggling is causing him to have a down year. When has he struggled before? Say what you will, but he’s currently having a down year. He hasn’t had as many sacks or QB hits and he’s had issues against the run. He’s in the prime of his career. He looked sensational his first two seasons. He almost appears to be regressing. Now he has a high ankle sprain that could affect him all season.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Micah is proving he's all about himself, his feelings and doing anything he can to make extra money. No loyalty or rivalry from most of today's players.
I don’t know why you would think this. I mean in college sure you’re trying to make it to the pros. But I’m sure he’s an excellent teammate. I haven’t heard anybody in the locker room complain.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Him struggling is causing him to have a down year. When has he struggled before? Say what you will, but he’s currently having a down year. He hasn’t had as many sacks or QB hits and he’s had issues against the run. He’s in the prime of his career. He looked sensational his first two seasons. He almost appears to be regressing.
If that’s how your mind works fine I’m OK with that. But he’s doing a different thing this year. It’s not the same as last year in my opinion so he’s struggling more than having a down year.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Him struggling is causing him to have a down year. When has he struggled before? Say what you will, but he’s currently having a down year. He hasn’t had as many sacks or QB hits and he’s had issues against the run. He’s in the prime of his career. He looked sensational his first two seasons. He almost appears to be regressing. Now he has a high ankle sprain that could affect him all season.
He was never asked to set the edge before

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If that’s how your mind works fine I’m OK with that. But he’s doing a different thing this year. It’s not the same as last year in my opinion so he’s struggling more than having a down year.
So if he continues to struggle all season and ends up with single digit sacks, you won’t consider that a down year?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Few players play for the Laundry anymore, thats more on the institution than the workers...the owners/NFL office have worked hard to make the NFL the brand and its worked to perfection...i have no idea why other sports have not at least tried to travel the same path...

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So if he continues to struggle all season and ends up with single digit sacks, you won’t consider that a down year?
Down year in sacks, but not an overall play . That’s one statistic of the game. Now I know what you’re trying to say.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
His overall play hasn’t looked that good. He already looks worn down.
lol. this really made me laugh. I love that you can play with the words. Or no pun intended lol . he looks horrible out there like he’s never played football before. I guess that’s all they ever ever asked him to do. Was get to the quarterback. Forget about tackling or anything else. Just tackle the. quarterback. Because he’s not even tackling him when he gets there.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
At the end of the day...professional athletes compete, period, end of story. They can be friends, clubbing buddies whatever you wanna call it but when the time for the rim, the field, the ring alls forgotten and goal is to embarrass you.

Check out this exchange between Deion and Ocho ( both went to Florida State ) ....Funny as hell