Parsons is a great player!

Swagger

Reaction score
1st

One injury changes that in a heartbeat....why not get 3 number 1s now?
Fair point but we both know Parsons looks the absolute business and nobody would trade him as he has played a key role in transforming the defense within a year. Would the Rams have traded Donald for three firsts after his rookie season?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair point but we both know Parsons looks the absolute business and nobody would trade him as he has played a key role in transforming the defense within a year. Would the Rams have traded Donald for three firsts after his rookie season?
Would anyone have traded a 4th round pick on a cheap contract after a 13-3 rookie season?

Swagger

Reaction score
Would anyone have traded a 4th round pick on a cheap contract after a 13-3 rookie season?
It's a fair point but that's why we would have got a king's ransome for him as it's a very attractive proposition for a team.

Well if for arguments sake they went back to Romo in the play offs in 2016 and he did ok (this isn't a pro Romo or anti Prescott point as I would say the same if it was the other way round) then given it would have made sense to keep Romo for one more year as the salary cap hit was minimal to release him in 2017, they could have had Romo on the books for one more year and drafted any QB they wanted in 2017 or 2018 and had other premium picks available.

It's cut throat and not nice but it's business.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a fair point but that's why we would have got a king's ransome for him as it's a very attractive proposition for a team.

Well if for arguments sake they went back to Romo in the play offs in 2016 and he did ok (this isn't a pro Romo or anti Prescott point as I would say the same if it was the other way round) then given it would have made sense to keep Romo for one more year as the salary cap hit was minimal to release him in 2017, they could have had Romo on the books for one more year and drafted any QB they wanted in 2017 or 2018 and had other premium picks available.

It's cut throat and not nice but it's business.
I get it....would you have traded Aikmen and kept Walsh......that's actually a good question...Salud!

Swagger

Reaction score
I get it....would you have traded Aikmen and kept Walsh......that's actually a good question...Salud!
Tbh it's slightly before I followed the Cowboys so I couldn't provide you with a good answer. Would you?

These trades could blow up in your face or work out like magic. Given Jerry took risks in business to get to where he is, I'm surprised he hasn't done it a few more times since the Hershel Walker trade.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tbh it's slightly before I followed the Cowboys so I couldn't provide you with a good answer. Would you?

These trades could blow up in your face or work out like magic. Given Jerry took risks in business to get to where he is, I'm surprised he hasn't done it a few more times since the Hershel Walker trade.
I hated to see Walker go, but that one really worked out for us....

Swagger

Reaction score
But then Jerry loves riding the wave of the whole look at me I got Prescott in the 4th round and you drafted Mayfield, Jones, Bortles etc in the first. So there was no way he would have traded Prescott given the exceptional value he got from him being a 4th rounder

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Many of you think he's a Godsend, but will still blame Dak if we lose on Sunday, even if it 65-58.......which is it?

Ranching --also you can blame me too....i put not a Quadruple Plat that we will win....but a Diamond Guarantee we will win....gets no higher than a diamond guarantee

all i have heard is how SF plays smash mouth football and we are a finesse team and SF is like Denver and we are really the underdogs in this game....total BS to the max

yes i respect Deebo Samuel and Mitchell RB and Ayuik receiver...and their defense front 7....but we have people we have not fully unleashed yet too or who have not played much

together due to injury ...but we have all our guys minus Gallup but Wilson in some ways better than Gallup plus along with Wilson we have both TE's to run the seams....i think our O line

will play out of their minds because they have to for us to do what we want to on Sunday.....Diamond Guarantee that is all i will say

Aven8

Reaction score
Sean Salisbury was saying that if it gets over 30, the Cowboys will win. If it gets in the 20’s, he thinks the Niners will win. Said the Niners can not get into a shootout with the Cowboys.

I use to live listening to Sean back in the day. Actually took a flight he was on. What is he doing now and how do you listen to him?

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose it will be a long list of names before we get to Parsons.

Traditional Cowboys Loss Blame List:

1. Dak Prescott
2. The referees
3 Kellen Moore
4 Greg Zuerlein
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Connor Williams
7. Jerry Jones
8. Ezekiel Elliott
9. Anthony Brown
10. Covid
11. Jason Garrett
1, 998, 535. Micah Parsons

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He so far has shown up as awesome.. When LVE came in he was so good he made Jaylon and others look better. He came with a few blitzes and got there quick. But Parsons is able to do the LB job and can play DE and do it well. He is about 245. Gregory is 240 and D-Law 250.. So he could transition. He may put on another 10 pounds in the offseason. Don’t be surprised if we let Gregory go and look to keep LVE. We have other descent LB and could also draft one. All depends on the money. Gregory is gonna want 8-15 million a year. Maybe more.. LVE who knows. We are strapped to D-Law and he is playing pretty well but is missing games every year.. so we will sew but Parsons gives us options..

we gotta get out of DLAW contract...yes he is real good but every year he is hurt....since 2014...9 seasons....i believe only one did he make 16 games....only 2 out of 9 has he had 10+ sacks...sorry

that does not cut it and dont care how well he plays the run...lets find out if we stop run this sunday....i put that on DLAW and Gallimore and Osa and linebackers and safeties and other DE's....

i put Diamond Guarantee which is highest above even Quad Plat.....so i will take any blame from the forum...but dont expect to be blamed one bit

Bigdog

Reaction score
I use to live listening to Sean back in the day. Actually took a flight he was on. What is he doing now and how do you listen to him?
I think he is on sports radio show in Houston and then he comes on as a guest to this Sports radio show in Sacramento for about 15 mins. Today he was talking about the playoffs. He is not on long but does a weekly guest appearance

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, Dak. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
You're not to blame for everything.
Feel better?
:facepalm:

Shane --how about we come to AT&T stadium and open big can of Woop- *** on the 40-Whiners?....i think this will occur and shut everyone up

Swagger

Reaction score
Ranching --also you can blame me too....i put not a Quadruple Plat that we will win....but a Diamond Guarantee we will win....gets no higher than a diamond guarantee

all i have heard is how SF plays smash mouth football and we are a finesse team and SF is like Denver and we are really the underdogs in this game....total BS to the max

yes i respect Deebo Samuel and Mitchell RB and Ayuik receiver...and their defense front 7....but we have people we have not fully unleashed yet too or who have not played much

together due to injury ...but we have all our guys minus Gallup but Wilson in some ways better than Gallup plus along with Wilson we have both TE's to run the seams....i think our O line

will play out of their minds because they have to for us to do what we want to on Sunday.....Diamond Guarantee that is all i will say
I agree. It's going to be a great game. I fancy whoever wins to take care of the Bucs