Parsons is the best defensive player we’ve drafted since DeMarcus Ware

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
No arguments here.. He is as good as advertised.. actually even better. **What's real interesting is he really doesn't know what the hell he is doing right now in terms knowing all of the defensive concepts, yet he makes play after play. Just imagine how good he will be once he learns ALL of the nuances and intricate details of his positions.. One word: SCARY**

SackMaster

Reaction score
He's your avatar, so you are obviously obsessed! Lol
And....? My screen name is also "SackMaster" which is also a nod to Ware.

It doesn't mean I can't be objective. Again, if you actually typed rookie, I would have just liked and moved on.

But please, keep blaming others for your failure to communicate your intended statements clearly.
:thumbup:

Xeven

Reaction score
When he is at DE the QB is in trouble all day long.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What? Get the hell outta here...I'm not crapping on anyone, just saying he better than Ware at this stage of their career. Lol. Too funny

Personally I was never a huge fan of Ware. Hell of a talent and lots of sacks. Not quite the angry leader you want on defense. And just didnt have enough big game impact for a guy that had his talent and his numbers.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I won’t compare Ware and Parsons (although it says just how great Micah is that he’s being compared to Ware), but I will say this: Speaking for myself, if I could have a rookie Ware or a rookie Parsons right now, I’d take Micah because I think his alpha male attitude along with his supreme athleticism and versatility is exactly what this defense needed.

Parsons can just do so much to help the defense and his explosion and suddenness just jump off the screen. What makes it kind of incredible is just how good parsons isn’t even though he has so much to learn. He isn’t just going to get better… he’s going to get a ton better. He’s going to be a force in both the run game and the pass game and he is 100% a culture changer. A different attitude infuses The whole defense with him out there, and makes them aggressive, confident and always in-your-face.

Think about it: Micah is going to set the Dallas rookie record for sacks and he isn’t even a pass rusher, lol. He is absolutely the quickest big guy that I’ve ever seen. He looks like he’s moving at a different speed than everyone else on the field. LVE moving at full speed looked like he was in slow motion when Parsons blew by him going after the ball carrier. He absolutely moves like a CB out there… at 250 pounds.

Yeah, it is safe to say that he was a good draft pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What was I wrong about?

He’s good at literally all the things I said he was good at and weak at the things I said he would be weak at and I even said he has the athleticism to get better at the things he is weak at.

What myself and no one else accounted for was his natural rush ability.

It was obvious he was going to be good at running sideways and blitzing. Pretty obvious.

LOL............you are the most pathetic liar on this board. You didnt like Parsons as a prospect and didnt want to draft him. Your biggest complaint was that you said he was one dimensional and didnt affect the passing game.

I argued with you over and over again telling you that he was a great pass rusher. So don't sit here and say no one accounted for his natural rush abilities. You were lectured on it by me personally.

And NO, none of it was obvious to you. You also noted that linebackers simply dont have the kind of impact that Parsons is now having.

You fowled up EVERYTHING when it came to Parsons. And to top it off you have fowled up the present analysis by wanting to switch him permanently to DE which is a horrible idea.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
he seems like he wants to be one of the best to play the game. I hope he keeps that mentality.

really is amazing the circumstances I’m taking him. First losing out on both corners…. Then not even taking him and trading back. If teams knew what they knew now he wouldn’t have even come close to making it to our pick

HungryLion

Reaction score
What was I wrong about?

He’s good at literally all the things I said he was good at and weak at the things I said he would be weak at and I even said he has the athleticism to get better at the things he is weak at.

What myself and no one else accounted for was his natural rush ability.

It was obvious he was going to be good at running sideways and blitzing. Pretty obvious.

this part is not true. Some of us were well
Aware of Parsons pass rush ability.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Micah is definitely better than Chase Young.
Idk why, but I have a feeling chase young would end up being a bust, not because of talent but injuries. I think he'll be the type to be injured a lot and never see his full potential.

Verdict

Reaction score
He's better than ware

Based on limited sample size, I agree that he is a better player than Ware was. If you are comparing them as rookie vs rookie, it’s not even close. It took Ware a little bit of time to develop.

If you compare them Ware in his prime vs Parsons now, I think I would actually give Parsons the edge there too. If you can project Parsons as improving over time, he will be a hall of famer if he doesn’t get hurt and has a long career.

This young man is a BEAST.

Verdict

Reaction score
He's better than ware

I don’t get excited over a players highlight tape, but when I say clips of Parsons, I thought, man this kid has an uncanny knack at squeezing through a hole in the line that doesn’t even look like it exists. I just had no idea if it would translate to the NFL. Looks like it has—thank goodness.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think when it is all said and done 10-15 years from now when Parsons is hanging up the cleats we will be talking about him as one of the best defenders in franchise history. I personally believe we may have found a hall of famer. This is in no way a guarantee, just my opinion based on what I have seen so far, but there is absolutely no reason to think he will not continue to get better for years to come. In a league where every player is a physical freak, he explodes off the screen as an absolute monster. His combination of size, speed, and awareness is almost never combined in a singular player. He plays fast, but smart and tackles with violence we haven't seen around here in some time. His positional flexibility is also just not something that happens in the modern NFL. Tell me another middle linebacker that can play defensive end at a pro bowl too. We will be waiting a while for that answer.

I loved Ware and grew up watching him blow past tackles. #94 was the first Cowboys jersey I ever owned. He is without a doubt a first ballot HOF player and one of the greatest pass rushers to ever play. #9 all time for sacks. I would imagine my generation of Cowboys fans thinks about Ware in the same way the older fans think about Randy White or Charles Haley. Acknowledging the stars of today does not detract from the careers of Cowboys greats from years past. I am sure at one point in Ware's career it was considered blasphemy to say his name in the same sentence as franchise greats. Not so much any more. Demarcus Ware is Demarcus Ware, and Micah Parsons is Micah Parsons, but I think the two will be talked about in the same conversations when it is said and done.

ghst187

Reaction score
Dude is not just playing well for a rookie, he is dominating this league

yep no doubt…he plays on another level…
Hope to eventually see DLaw and RG and the rest of the starting DL play together at some point.
Let Parsons just be Wreck-it Ralph from all over

HungryLion

Reaction score
Good thing the NFL didn’t know.

The panthers and Broncos selected cornerbacks over Parsons AND Mac Jones AND Justin fields. When both teams also need a QB.

the stupidity was through the roof. To be honest.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The panthers and Broncos selected cornerbacks over Parsons AND Mac Jones AND Justin fields. When both teams also need a QB.

the stupidity was through the roof. To be honest.

Dallas has admitted they settled for Parsons.

Heck they even traded back for him.