Parsons looks like a boom or bust pick to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
LOL.....nothing quite like going back in time and holding accountable the blather that goes on here. But CyberBob, you the man, looks like you nailed it. Of course, the season still ahead of us but so far it has turned out just like you said. Good to not only see who had no clue what they were talking about but also who did have the gray matter required.... Kudos.....

I just copy and pasted things from various scouting reports. Unlike some people on here, I don't pretend to be a scout.

jnday

Reaction score
Parsons is another example of a Cowboy’s player that fans are overvaluing due to potential. I think I can say that all of us have high hopes for him, but many posters are acting like he already the DPOY without him playing his first game. Put away the anointing oil. It makes our fan base look bad to see all of these unrealistic claims about Parsons at this point. There has been very few reasonable post concerning the kid. Claims that he is already the best defensive player on the team is wishful thinking at this point. What is wrong with saying that he showing some good things since he came to Dallas and that he could develop into player that can upgrade and help the defense? I hate to remind everyone, there has been more than one rookie that didn’t immediately live up to the unrealistic expectations placed on them. I have a lot of hope that Parsons is the real deal, but I have nothing but his potential that gives me that hope. Bruce Carter was a big and fast LB with tons of natural talent, but he has no instincts. I hope that Parsons is capable of using his natural talent to become a great LB unlike Carter, but he is far from being the dominant defender that many fans are labeling him to be at this point.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
this won’t age well ‍♂️
Don't care. I still say we need defensive line help especially a pass rush push in the middle and Parsons still is the ultimate boom or bust player and I hope he booms but anything is possible.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
From the few snaps I have seen, he has the potential to be an all over the field playmaker. Have not seen any sign of bust.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
How is Jaylon Smith 2.0 looking so far. Btw
Thank god he hasn't looked like Jaylon and he does fill the hole from the small sample we've seen so far. Just hope he can find the hole and get there. Thats Jaylons real problem but we'll see. Wouldn't put him in the hall yet like so many are doing too.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
Exactly what makes you think Parsons has high bust potential? I don't see it, and neither do any analysts that I'm aware of.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Exactly what makes you think Parsons has high bust potential? I don't see it, and neither do any analysts that I'm aware of.
Hasn't played since 2019, has had off the field concerns, is a read and react speed guy more than a hole plugger and his coverage has been suspect since college.

kskboys

Reaction score
I know he’s fast I know he can run but can he mix it up in the middle and fight his way through. Every college lber can run and tackle run and hit but not every college backer can shed a block and make a tackle. He also looks a lot smaller on the firld than his height and weight listed. Anyways like I said I perfer him over a corner just hope he’s not a bust.
He runs a 4.4.

I think you have, for some reason, seriously misassessed Parsons. I mean, you missed badly. Parsons is what you call a high floor high ceiling type prospect. The odds of him busting are almost zero.

Parsons already sheds blocks like a pro. I'm thinking you just used the wrong words, and it's not really what you meant. Boom or bust is generally reserved for highly athletic players who have issues, such as mental cases or small school projects. Parsons is about as far from a boom or bust prospect as it gets. In this draft, his floor his 2nd only to Sewel.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hasn't played since 2019, has had off the field concerns, is a read and react speed guy more than a hole plugger and his coverage has been suspect since college.
1. His coverage isn't suspect. He simply didn't do a lot of it.
2. Doesn't really have off field concerns. Just some very minor hazing crapp.
3. His not a read and react guy. He's full of instincts. He's the package.

I seriously wonder, where are you getting this stuff from? I mean, it's simply not correct.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
1. His coverage isn't suspect. He simply didn't do a lot of it.
2. Doesn't really have off field concerns. Just some very minor hazing crapp.
3. His not a read and react guy. He's full of instincts. He's the package.

I seriously wonder, where are you getting this stuff from? I mean, it's simply not correct.
Parsons is the real deal he is gonna beast out

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Parsons has not played one down of regular season football. He has a lot of potential, but the kid has not proven himself at all. I think everybody needs to tap the brakes until he plays a game at the very least.
You can tap the brakes all you want to, it wont change who Parsons is and who JS is.
They both already know it,,, you dont think JS knew it the moment Parsons name was called?

SackMaster

Reaction score
If he doesn’t impact the pass game in some way then it’s a bad pick.

If he impacts the pass game then it’s a great pick.
IMO, that is a given.

Hell, even if all he does is help the run defense generate more 3rd & Longs, that could improve the pass defense quite a bit.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If he doesn’t impact the pass game in some way then it’s a bad pick.

If he impacts the pass game then it’s a great pick.
Who pissed in your cereal? Quit eating it you’re looking like a noob.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who pissed in your cereal? Quit eating it you’re looking like a noob.

Lol what?

If he can’t rush the passer or cover then it’s a waste of a premium pick on a low value position.

He has to be a game wrecker.

Most linebackers aren’t worth a top 10 pick. He had the traits to be great but if all he does is get a large volume of tackles and lacks coverage ability and is undersized when pass rushing then it’s a bad pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol what?

If he can’t rush the passer or cover then it’s a waste of a premium pick on a low value position.

He has to be a game wrecker.

Most linebackers aren’t worth a top 10 pick. He had the traits to be great but if all he does is get a large volume of tackles and lacks coverage ability and is undersized when pass rushing then it’s a bad pick.
I can’t believe some of our fans. It’s like they haven’t even watched the first 2 preseason games. FYI he has been a game wrecker. His speed is obvious. But more than that, he’s instincts are obvious. I suggest you start watching him play in a Cowboy uniform before you open your mouth and stick your foot in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.