Parsons reminding fans/media

Praxit

Reaction score
... ...yeah, that's nice. But when playoffs come. David Copperfield defense takes over.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
What do you mean?????
He likes to pass rush & get to QB ( glory seeking or natural for him) but needs to control the tendency as per play design, good running teams and co-ordinators exploit this and makes him wash away in the run stoppage.

See gimmesix’s response , makes good sense

chagus

Reaction score
Seems to me like Parsons is no longer hungry. More like greedy. I understand players need to get paid. Of course. But bro... this is diva behavior that is looking to be more of a pain in the ***. Also, like plymkr just mentioned, its not he like he did much at all in the last embarrassing loss to GB, in a game that REALLY MATTERED.

Im not liking this behavior at all. Very unprofessional.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Trade this dude while his value is at it's zenith. The way he's talking and acting just screams out "buyer beware".

He's still playing a college length season, which is why he disappears in the playoffs.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This team has really strong pressure rates overall, just not compared to Micah.

Parsons - 103 pressures on 513 snaps
OSA - 43 pressures on 356 snaps
DLaw - 48 pressures on 384 snaps
Armstrong - 34 pressures on 280 snaps
Williams - 23 on 192 snaps
Gholston - 19 on 182

Overall those are pretty strong numbers as a team, but without Micah on the field to dictate protection calls those numbers could die down for some of those guys.

The biggest argument against Micah really is the possible return you could get for him in a trade. What's more valuable... Micah Parsons or probably 5 draft picks including multiple 1st rounders plus an extra $35M or so in cap space? I'm honestly not sure that there is a wrong answer to that question.

Im not sure Parsons gets you “ multiple # 1 picks “ …..maybe a 1 and a 4 . That’s more realistic .

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Im not sure Parsons gets you “ multiple # 1 picks “ …..maybe a 1 and a 4 . That’s more realistic .
Agree to disagree there. Semi recent trades like Tyreek Hill, Khalil Mack, and Jalen Ramsey would suggest he is worth a minimum of two 1st rounders. Given he still has two years left on his rookie deal makes me think he should net even more.

If all it took was a 1st and 4th to land a blue chip defender then I wish Jerry would move our first round pick every single season.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Who cares? Trade the guy. He's either the best or close to it. But when the team is ran by clowns who won't give him any help, what difference does it make? Imagine if teams couldn't afford to double Parsons, how dangerous he would be.

But no, best we can do is some overpaid guy who does "the little things".

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Parsons needs to be reminded of how little he’s done in four playoff games. One sack and four QB pressures. :flagwave:

shabazz

Reaction score
Parsons needs to be reminded of how little he’s done in four playoff games. One sack and four QB pressures. :flagwave:
To keep it more recent, just this past season against the Bills, Dolphins and Packers he has a grand total of 3 tackles and 1/2 a sack......TOTAL for all 3 losses.

Generational results against winning teams

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I am more of a supporter of his than most, but something tells me his contract negotiation may be the toughest Jerry and Stephen have had in a long time. He leaves little doubt about who will call the shots between him and his agent.

He probably will be looking for a bag, but this post also could be a shot at the refs.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I love to see his average per game stats after removing all games played against the Giants. Or the Commodes.

How about showing us per game average stats against teams with winning records. And take that comparison model and use it for all players looking for a new contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To keep it more recent, just this past season against the Bills, Dolphins and Packers he has a grand total of 3 tackles and 1/2 a sack......TOTAL for all 3 losses.

Generational results against winning teams
He didn’t show up in the big games and this is a guy that will be looking for close to $40 million per season. That was top QB money just a few years ago.

plymkr

Reaction score
Who is actually likeable on the Cowboys as a player at this point? Ferguson? The punter and kicker?
Agreed. I said this in another post that if we sign Dak to 60 million APY for 2 or 3 years I’d be at the point of rooting against us for the first time ever. I think a big part of that is the guys on the team are the most unlikable players we’ve had in my time as a fan. That plays into my anger about this particular team.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fact that he's the most doubled player is an indictment against this front office. We get a top pass rusher and we do little to put the right support around him.
Exactly.....if he's getting double-teamed at a high rate, other players should step up