Parsons reminding fans/media

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how many other DE's in the league are allowed to be a 100% Pass Rusher by the Defensive Coordinator. :huh:

He is double teamed 35% of the time on passing downs and is left unblocked on rushing plays right at him. So I guess it evens out.
Allowed? More like told.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
That's 4 tackles a game. .9 sacks per game. Like seriously he does pass the "freak athlete" eye test, but he's ALWAYS out of position when an opposing coordinator plays him like a fiddle.
0.9 sacks per game ? It looks like 9 sacks per game , LOL !

Run D and Also wear off during the later season and invisible during playoffs a concern.

But most importantly, he likes to freelance , I think he should make everybody better around him and not be a liability.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You may be spon on with that assessment, but it's a different league than it was in the 80s & 90s too. I still think Parsons is a net positive player despite his flaws....and net positive by a good margin. With that said though in the modern version of the game where DTs are smaller/quicker to get to the QB and LBs are being replaced with DBs you really need your edge players to be able to both maintain contain on outside runs and crash inside to close off the B gap.

Ill be interested to see what Zimmer does with him and if he plays more LB on early downs this year. Given his size he is much better equipped to play the run at the 2nd level.

Like I’ve said what pressure does Dallas bring other then # 11 ? Pressure from DT’’s are non existent. DLaw and Martin at G are soon full time golfers. I’ll go to a street fight in the NFL with a 47 man game roster with talent like Parsons.

HungryLion

Reaction score
That's 4 tackles a game. .9 sacks per game. Like seriously he does pass the "freak athlete" eye test, but he's ALWAYS out of position when an opposing coordinator plays him like a fiddle.
Do you have any understanding of DE stats in the NFL? .9 sacks per game is elite. 4 tackles per game from the DE position is very good.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Do you have any understanding of DE stats in the NFL? .9 sacks per game is elite. 4 tackles per game from the DE position is very good.
Try me. It depends on the defense, containment and gap assignments. What you don't get is that you just damned your own poorly worded argument. If those are typical stats - they are not - then why should he get paid top dollar? To provide typical? He wants to be the highest paid player ever...and we don't even know if he can be a full-time DE...cause the job DOES involve run responsibilities and he DOES suck at it.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Furthermore, his stats confirm the eye test: He is simply looking to pad his stats for the post game chat/pod cast and bunny hopping at the annual all-white party. His teammates see it too and greenlit a relatively new guy in Malik Hooker to call you out. He's seen better...that should tell you something.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Try me. It depends on the defense, containment and gap assignments. What you don't get is that you just damned your own poorly worded argument. If those are typical stats - they are not - then why should he get paid top dollar? To provide typical? He wants to be the highest paid player ever...and we don't even know if he can be a full-time DE...cause the job DOES involve run responsibilities and he DOES suck at it.
.9 sacks a game isn’t typical. Its elite. I said that in my post. I never said typical. He’s an elite pass rusher. Therefore he will get an elite pass rusher contract.

Wish him away all you want but the defense would be worse off without him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Furthermore, his stats confirm the eye test: He is simply looking to pad his stats for the post game chat/pod cast and bunny hopping at the annual all-white party. His teammates see it too and greenlit a relatively new guy in Malik Hooker to call you out. He's seen better...that should tell you something.
Malik Hooker. Career scrub. Maybe Malik should look inward if he wants to blame
Somebody for the defense underperforming. He isn’t half as good as Parsons.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Parsons has teammates doing interviews saying if hes struggling so bad in the run game, he shouldnt be on podcasts.

Anyone denying hes a liability in the run game is off.

visionary

Reaction score
.9 sacks a game isn’t typical. Its elite. I said that in my post. I never said typical. He’s an elite pass rusher. Therefore he will get an elite pass rusher contract.

Wish him away all you want but the defense would be worse off without him.
What are his “elite” stats in the post season?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Like I’ve said what pressure does Dallas bring other then # 11 ? Pressure from DT’’s are non existent. DLaw and Martin at G are soon full time golfers. I’ll go to a street fight in the NFL with a 47 man game roster with talent like Parsons.
This team has really strong pressure rates overall, just not compared to Micah.

Parsons - 103 pressures on 513 snaps
OSA - 43 pressures on 356 snaps
DLaw - 48 pressures on 384 snaps
Armstrong - 34 pressures on 280 snaps
Williams - 23 on 192 snaps
Gholston - 19 on 182

Overall those are pretty strong numbers as a team, but without Micah on the field to dictate protection calls those numbers could die down for some of those guys.

The biggest argument against Micah really is the possible return you could get for him in a trade. What's more valuable... Micah Parsons or probably 5 draft picks including multiple 1st rounders plus an extra $35M or so in cap space? I'm honestly not sure that there is a wrong answer to that question.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I am more of a supporter of his than most, but something tells me his contract negotiation may be the toughest Jerry and Stephen have had in a long time. He leaves little doubt about who will call the shots between him and his agent.

The fact that he's the most doubled player is an indictment against this front office. We get a top pass rusher and we do little to put the right support around him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Micah Parsons is the most skilled pass rusher in football and offenses fear him, I have zero doubts about that. He is also a liability in the run game who teams target. Micah Parsons is literally everything good and everything bad about the Cowboys summed up in one person.
Hopefully, Zimmer fixes that by having him play SLB on run downs instead of RDE. With his Double-A gap blitz package, he doesn't even have to limit Parsons' pass rushing to do that, just not line him up at end. His RDE play should be limited to when it is a true passing situation. In the other situations, he can blitz gaps.

gimmesix

Reaction score
This team has really strong pressure rates overall, just not compared to Micah.

Parsons - 103 pressures on 513 snaps
OSA - 43 pressures on 356 snaps
DLaw - 48 pressures on 384 snaps
Armstrong - 34 pressures on 280 snaps
Williams - 23 on 192 snaps
Gholston - 19 on 182

Overall those are pretty strong numbers as a team, but without Micah on the field to dictate protection calls those numbers could die down for some of those guys.
They would because the attention he draws frees up those players for one-on-one matchups or even to loop or stunt inside unblocked.