Parsons squatting 425lbs with ease is unreal

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The impressive part is the ease that he did 3 reps. Hard to guess, but he can probably do 10, and that's more impressive than a 600-lb single rep or anything like that.

To keep flexibility and explosion, he's probably nowhere near max output in the gym.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The talent and coaching is there. Depth, endurance, and health will be the keys for this defense.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Parsons hang clinging 315 w/ ease was more impressive for me...my coaches would've been screaming to get lower on those squats. All impressive work by #11.

My jab: Micah should get Diggs in the weight room with him, so he might have the nuts to tackle next season.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on the benefits of this type of lifting. But what benefit is this for a LBer? It seems like an unnecessary strain on your back and knees.

I say this because recently I watched a Ronnie Coleman (body builder) video and it's said that power lifting/dead lifting and squatting stupid amounts of weight is what caused his back and other parts of his body to fail him.

I know he's an alpha and he does alpha things like this, but this worries me. Can someone educate me on this?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on the benefits of this type of lifting. But what benefit is this for a LBer? It seems like an unnecessary strain on your back and knees.

I say this because recently I watched a Ronnie Coleman (body builder) video and it's said that power lifting/dead lifting and squatting stupid amounts of weight is what caused his back and other parts of his body to fail him.

I know he's an alpha and he does alpha things like this, but this worries me. Can someone educate me on this?
box squats are easier on the knees than regular squats and encourages better form. Helps build power and explosion.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
of all the impressive accomplishments by Micah this is pretty low. I’d bet he can hammer out 10 of those if he wanted to. Even high school athletes can often squat in the low 400s.

It looks more impressive because he’s using rubber plates which fill the bar up.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
So, you're not impressed? LOL LOL, how many can you do???
I have skinny legs and can leg press 450 on leg machine. Not really that impressive. And 120lb side dumbbell rows. And I am 6 foot 182 lbs of solid muscle and 67 years old.

Bagman

Reaction score
Like someone else said, it would be nice if Diggs would join Micah for some workouts. Diggs would be great with 10-15 more lbs of muscle, it would help his tackling.