Parsons squatting 425lbs with ease is unreal

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I have skinny legs and can leg press 450 on leg machine. Not really that impressive. And 120lb side dumbbell rows. And I am 6 foot 182 lbs of solid muscle and 67 years old.
Leg press machine is much easier and not comparable to a free weight squat.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never accuse this kid of not taking care of business during the off-season............once his mental game catches up with his physical talent, no one can stop him.

He can likely bench press 425. WR Joey Galloway benched 405 when he was with the Cowboys...

I've heard that Tyron has benched over 600.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Never accuse this kid of not taking care of business during the off-season............once his mental game catches up with his physical talent, no one can stop him.

Parsons needs to slow it down on the weight training or he'll end up like our once great LBer Sean Lee!

CWR

Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance on the benefits of this type of lifting. But what benefit is this for a LBer? It seems like an unnecessary strain on your back and knees.

I say this because recently I watched a Ronnie Coleman (body builder) video and it's said that power lifting/dead lifting and squatting stupid amounts of weight is what caused his back and other parts of his body to fail him.

I know he's an alpha and he does alpha things like this, but this worries me. Can someone educate me on this?

Proper form and warm up. Yes, lifting can be very hard on your body. As you get older you learn the hard way about dynamic stretching prior and warming up and into a weight.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He can likely bench press 425. WR Joey Galloway benched 405 when he was with the Cowboys...

I know you used to train in
College we discussed that when I first became a member here. . Squatting abilities and bench pressing, do not coincide. just because you’re strong with your front quads doesn’t mean the back are equal.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
That is not really a whole lot. I was squatting 300 lbs as a sophmore in high school and i was 125 lbs

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Logged in just to LOL at anybody that thinks doing half *** reps like practically every clown I’ve ever seen on the leg press machine relates to anything like a barbell, full rep squat……

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Joey Galloway was deceptively built, but wouldn’t have guessed 405.