Parsons squatting 425lbs with ease is unreal

kumizi

Reaction score
Half rep squat for 425lbs for a professional football player is not unreal. I would imagine he can squat 500lbs going all the way down.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Obviously that's an impressive physical feat (though im sure each NFL team has a bunch of guys who could do the same thing).

But what would have REALLY impressed me....is if he wouldn't have put this on the internet. What I'm REALLY waiting for him to do.... is be normal. Stop being a 12 year old girl and putting g everything on social media. Be a dude. He just won't stop....

It's not the posts or the Philly stuff or the tweets or that in and of themselves....it's just a symptom of being an so concerned about what others think and trying to make sure EVERYONE is talking about you, that's concerning. He's just weird.... and we all know it....but we all want to turn the other way on that cuz he is a cowboy.

Just afraid his mental makeup is gonna cause him to be a flash in the pan (relatively speaking). The number of years any player holds an athletic edge over his peers is limited, and then it becomes about ur smarts and mental toughness and wisdom.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes everyone. Floaty as a HS sophomore was a better athlete than Parsons.
He never said he was a better athlete. He just said he could squat a certain amount. Again for a quarter is not that big of a deal for an athlete

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Leg press is much different. I used to do full sets of 905, but no way my back could handle 450 squats.
I agree I don’t know why people think it’s such a big deal. Even with the Smith machine doing for an a quarter it’s not that big of a deal. Now if you’re gonna do it freestanding they’ll give the guy credit.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
450 leg press means nothing. And you are half repping anyways. That has nothing to do w squatting
Freestanding, Smith, machine, hack machine, leg press, everyone takes a different measurement of weight. The toughest is freestanding. In my opinion that’s one 4 1/4 is a big deal.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Back in my day those reps wouldn’t have counted - not low enough
I agree now they want to keep the pressure off the back so it’s only like a quarter of a squat

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Of course there's people who say this.

Anyone who moves 425x3 that easily is able to squat 600, or close to.
I don’t know, when I was younger I could rep 405 8-10 times but anything around 500 was a struggle. I wouldn’t have attempted anything near 600.

I guess it depends on the training program though, I never did low rep training to try and hit 1 rep PRs.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He never said he was a better athlete. He just said he could squat a certain amount. Again for a quarter is not that big of a deal for an athlete
Calling it “laughable” is what makes his comment stupid.

Parsons was also doing the 425 easily. Guarantee he squats far more than that when he wants to