Patrick Ramsey is almost certain to be dealt or released this offseason.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
such as poor development

Uh, no, I'd say that one was within his control...

Playing on a lousy team...that was out of his control.

BTW, did you know that his lifetime passing rating is only 2 pts less than Bledsoe's?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Thinking Cheifs, Ravens, Miami, or Jets would be likely places for him to end up.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I've always felt that he has talent...is tough as nails...but never really has put it together for a number of reasons, some out of his control.

i'll go w/juke on this one and play in the minority. ramsey may or may not be a good fit for dallas. taking him would mean giving up on hensen or romo. i know romo is the 2nd coming and all because you see, we're told time and time again that hensen just isn't it and frankly, SUCKS. well, that's what we hear, right?

trouble is we've not seen EITHER qb meaningful time despite 3 full games in 2 seasons end and a blowout 1/2 against washington.

so we know all the facts and can judge accordingly now. >g<

ramsey never caught on in dc but i think he's tough and could be a good qb for some teams. like juke, i don't see his problems of his own making.

superpunk

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Uh, no, I'd say that one was within his control...

Playing on a lousy team...that was out of his control.

BTW, did you know that his lifetime passing rating is only 2 pts less than Bledsoe's?

Wait, wait, wait......I just thought of an answer for your "What QB in the league is less mobile than Bledsoe?" question.....

That's right, one Patrick Ramsey.;)

Double

Reaction score
Why would we take who the skins rejected. Thats a slap in the face, i believe they know Ramsey game in and out, his weaknesses and his strengths. It would be hard for Ramsey to beat them if he is with another team. They will probably trade him to an AFC team.

vlad

Reaction score
One cool thing would that would be if he were a Cowboy, imagine how much rage, hate, anger and determination he would play with EVERYTIME we play the Commanders, he'd want to kill them and then dance on their graves.

Way 'nuff

Reaction score
From a Commander fan, I'd love to see Ramsey starting on the Cowboys next year. That's at least two interceptions for us right there.

1fisher

Reaction score
Way 'nuff said:
From a Commander fan, I'd love to see Ramsey starting on the Cowboys next year. That's at least two interceptions for us right there.

.....and I would love to see Jason Campbell starting for the skins! That would be at least 5 sacks for ware!

vicjagger

Reaction score
And expect Harris, Noble, Bowen, Raymer and likely Hall to be packing their bags also.

That'd knock about 10 million off their cap. Then it's off to the re-negotiating table w/ Brunnell, Jansen & Thomas....

This is gonna be fun to watch!

kartr

Reaction score
iceberg said:
i'll go w/juke on this one and play in the minority. ramsey may or may not be a good fit for dallas. taking him would mean giving up on hensen or romo. i know romo is the 2nd coming and all because you see, we're told time and time again that hensen just isn't it and frankly, SUCKS. well, that's what we hear, right?

trouble is we've not seen EITHER qb meaningful time despite 3 full games in 2 seasons end and a blowout 1/2 against washington.

so we know all the facts and can judge accordingly now. >g<

ramsey never caught on in dc but i think he's tough and could be a good qb for some teams. like juke, i don't see his problems of his own making.

He's not very accurate for a pocket qb though, only like 53% completion percentage.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Fan21 said:
You're saying this as if the Commanders would trade someone to the Cowboys!?!
In a heartbeat! Why miss a chance to destroy a division rival?

cml750

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
it's already begun

Yea it sure has!! :rolleyes: Both our young QB's got so much development time after we were eliminated from the playoffs the last two years. Face it, if Bill were interested in developing a QB then he would let them see the field in blowouts and after playoff elimination. Holding a clip board will only get you so far!!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
cml750 said:
Yea it sure has!! :rolleyes: Both our young QB's got so much development time after we were eliminated from the playoffs the last two years. Face it, if Bill were interested in developing a QB then he would let them see the field in blowouts and after playoff elimination. Holding a clip board will only get you so far!!!!

Ahem.....we weren't eliminated until about 7:30 week 17 this year. Parcells had already said he was starting Bledsoe no matter what.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
Joe Gibbs is smile to you're eye laugh and chuckles then stab you in the back with fillay knife when you least to expects it out of him type of looser.

Then he smile again pat you on the heads and ask with straight face "how you done get hurt so bad? Let me call up a mule cart to get you to the hospital surgoens."

All the while he crossing his fingers behind back and just hoping you pass away afore the mule cart gets to you so he can collects that insurances moneys he secret paid for on you.

Just like he promised old Ramsey he'd be a starting for him come hell or high waters last year. Then he took him out after the first couple of plays of ther first game despite Ramsey throwing big time long bombs while Brunells only got lucky in a couple of games because of Moss and then he fells apart in playoffs when pressures got hot on him and he couldn't take it no mortes.

Gibbs is a dirty lieing guys.

Post of the month! :bow:

Gibbs is a phony and a hypocrite... and not just for the way he's dealt with Ramsey, although I know that Ramsey believes he's been dealt with in a less-than-honest fashion.

I hope wherever Ramsey ends up he makes the R*dskins sorry for the way they've crapped all over him.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Post of the month! :bow:

Gibbs is a phony and a hypocrite... and not just for the way he's dealt with Ramsey, although I know that Ramsey believes he's been dealt with in a less-than-honest fashion.

I hope wherever Ramsey ends up he makes the R*dskins sorry for the way they've crapped all over him.

Or quite possibly the worst analysis of all time......

Ramsey started and this happened....

2nd Quarter: (11:08) P.Ramsey sacked at CHI 19 for -3 yards (L.Briggs). FUMBLES (L.Briggs), RECOVERED by CHI-T.Harris at CHI 19. T.Harris to CHI 19 for no gain (C.Samuels).WAS-P.Ramsey was injured during the play.

Brunell came in and took us to the playoffs.....I don't care who you are....you obviously are not smarter than Gibbs, lovie smith or myself......Sure , You don't lose your job to injury.....UNLESS the guy playing in his place performs better than the guy that has recovered....

Think about it.... Grossman was ready to play but he didn't start.....Ramsey was ready by week 4 or 5 but didn't start..remember the rams a few years back......need I form a list?.....

Gibbs wasn't about to sacrifice WINS to put in the lesser of the two QB's in the game.....that's not a lie, it's logic.....

You'd be the first one to start the "STUPID GIBBS ACTUALLY PUT RAMSEY BACK IN" thread anyways.....you are the more likely hypocrite.....

Lovie did it, Gibbs did it , the rams did it and I will probably too sometime if I even have a QB controvercy on my team.....the best man plays, period.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Or quite possibly the worst analysis of all time......

Ramsey started and this happened....

2nd Quarter: (11:08) P.Ramsey sacked at CHI 19 for -3 yards (L.Briggs). FUMBLES (L.Briggs), RECOVERED by CHI-T.Harris at CHI 19. T.Harris to CHI 19 for no gain (C.Samuels).WAS-P.Ramsey was injured during the play.

Brunell came in and took us to the playoffs.....I don't care who you are....you obviously are not smarter than Gibbs, lovie smith or myself......Sure , You don't lose your job to injury.....UNLESS the guy playing in his place performs better than the guy that has recovered....

Think about it.... Grossman was ready to play but he didn't start.....Ramsey was ready by week 4 or 5 but didn't start..remember the rams a few years back......need I form a list?.....

Gibbs wasn't about to sacrifice WINS to put in the lesser of the two QB's in the game.....that's not a lie, it's logic.....

You'd be the first one to start the "STUPID GIBBS ACTUALLY PUT RAMSEY BACK IN" thread anyways.....you are the more likely hypocrite.....

Lovie did it, Gibbs did it , the rams did it and I will probably too sometime if I even have a QB controvercy on my team.....the best man plays, period.

I remeber the night that Gibbs annouced his was pulling Ramsey for Mark. ES was going wild calling for Gibbs's head on a platter.

Funny how things worked out, eh.

superpunk

Reaction score
Jarv said:
I remeber the night that Gibbs annouced his was pulling Ramsey for Mark. ES was going wild calling for Gibbs's head on a platter.

Funny how things worked out, eh.

Funny how "the best man" all offseason was Patrick, then all of sudden, Brunell is the best man? After 2 hours? I like Gibbs (I know, kill me), but that move was bush league, IMO. It was obvious that he just wanted Mark in there from the beginning, but just didn't have the stones to make that move in the offseason, so he yanked Patrick at the first available moment. I think Patrick was cleared for the next game, and might have even been able to come back in during the Chicago game, but I'm fuzzy on that. In any case, Brunell hardly showed enough in their 9-7 win over the Bears, to amaze anyone that hadn't already made their mind up about him. (cough, cough, Gibbs, cough, cough)

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ahem.....we weren't eliminated until about 7:30 week 17 this year. Parcells had already said he was starting Bledsoe no matter what.

Yeah, and THAT is the problem. Out of the playoffs and still the backups saw no playing time.

Parcells had already said he was starting Bledsoe no matter what.

Why ? Does that mean that after 2 years with both of our QB's (Henson and Romo) he still has not developed them enough to trust them in a meaningless game ?

Either poor decision or poor coaching. You make the call.

superpunk

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Yeah, and THAT is the problem. Out of the playoffs and still the backups saw no playing time.

Why ? Does that mean that after 2 years with both of our QB's (Henson and Romo) he still has not developed them enough to trust them in a meaningless game ?

Either poor decision or poor coaching. You make the call.

Honestly, man, what would putting backups in a meaningless game accomplish? Do you really think a single game of game experience, in which they'll probably be getting blitzed out of their minds, is going to prove or disprove anything? It's not going to be any sort of real valuable experience for them. The only thing it accomplishes is satisfying our curiosity as fans, and as a head coach, you can't care about that. BP sees them every day in practice. He knows what they can do. He doesn't need to trot them out there in a game they haven't prepared as starter for, to get their heads taken off, to form an opinion on them. He already knows.