Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

khiladi

Reaction score
Hope they're friendly. Robinson isn't worth more. Morris only makes sense as a goal line type back. While I could easily see him improving his yards per carry in Dallas he is a one dimensional player. I want a run/pass threat out of the backfield at all times.

Do we ever use our backs as real passing threats... Not just check downs.. If we do, I apparently missed those plays...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What in the world are you talking about?

I said a second contract with a rb is more probable to be a contract you regret than it is for other positions. Because.... well because it's true. Rbs have steep decline in performance after age 27. Usually right when you give them that fancy second contract. That is assuming, obviously, that the player you pick at 4 is the type of player you'd expect.

Now guaranteeing someone being a hall of Famer was in response to a ridiculous hypothetical and my answer in kind made that obvious. The guy asked if Emmitt was worth the 4th pick in shilling for Zeke. So sure if Zeke is Emmitt let's take him. He very likely is not a and so taking a rb that high who you'll pay just as a step decline likely happens is foolish.

Apparently most everyone realized that except for you. That is why I asked you to please follow the conversation.

Hope that cleared up your utter confusion around a rather simple back and forth.

As usual, you fail to directly answer challenges and then back out because you know for a fact you are out of your league intellectually.

You have one thing: RBs have a steep decline in performance after age 27.

That's it.

And honestly, if we take a player at 4 and he burns out in five-six years and I have a title to show for it, I am perfectly fine for it.

Even the positions you champion, especially DB do not have the shelf life.

This very thread, this one, talking about Patrick Robinson, a first rounder, we are actually looking to get him cheap on his third contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
You could argue that being able to shorten the game with a grinding running attack will be able to mask the mediocre to bad defense.

Very similar to 2014, in that regard.

But it's very rare that you can continually do that year after year. A bad D gets exposed at some point by good teams. Everyone talks about that GB game and the Dez catch. But if you are truly honest with yourself, deep down, you know even if Bryant scores, there's little chance the Dallas D was going to prevent Rodgers from going right back down the field on them.

People want to assume, hey it's the same team, just substitute Elliott for Murray and this thing is back purring again.

I think that's shortsighted thinking on people's parts.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dunbar it seemed last year.

It's been so long since Dunbar's played.. I don't ever remember it being a big part of anything here. Maybe a random shot here and there.

I'd love to see more..

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Nope. The film doesn't justify it whatsoever. He's not mediocre at all. Patrick Robinson is mediocre.

And keep your insults to yourself. Stay classy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander

Reaction score
But it's very rare that you can continually do that year after year. A bad D gets exposed at some point by good teams. Everyone talks about that GB game and the Dez catch. But if you are truly honest with yourself, deep down, you know even if Bryant scores, there's little chance the Dallas D was going to prevent Rodgers from going right back down the field on them.

People want to assume, hey it's the same team, just substitute Elliott for Murray and this thing is back purring again.

I think that's shortsighted thinking on people's parts.

I won't fight that. We don't know if Elliott gets the O back to where it was.

But seriously, who can say without a doubt that Ramsey, Bosa, Jack or whomever else gets the defense to be respectable? Much less in a short period of time.

Sorry, if I am playing the long game, I go QB.

Short game, RB.

Continue to make the same mistakes over and over again game: DB and to a lesser extent, DE.

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope. The film doesn't justify it whatsoever. He's not mediocre at all. Patrick Robinson is mediocre.

Actually the film does. You have to watch more than his highlight reel on YouTube.

What part of him making $14MM don't you get?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Actually the film does. You have to watch more than his highlight reel on YouTube.

What part of him making $14MM don't you get?

I don't have the energy to explain it to you, and you'll reject it anyway. Have a good one.

And I haven't watched a highlight reel on YouTube, smart guy. You've watched every snap of All-22 too?

Sydla

Reaction score
I won't fight that. We don't know if Elliott gets the O back to where it was.

But seriously, who can say without a doubt that Ramsey, Bosa, Jack or whomever else gets the defense to be respectable? Much less in a short period of time.

Sorry, if I am playing the long game, I go QB.

Short game, RB.

Continue to make the same mistakes over and over again game: DB and to a lesser extent, DE.

I am on the QB bandwagon at 4. Or trade the pick if you aren't going QB.

If you want to take Elliott at 7 or 12 or 15 or wherever after you get some picks, fine by me. But I think people overrate Elliott, personally. People talk like he's some transcendent talent that you can have at 4. I might be way out here but I don't think the gap between him and say a TB in the 2nd or 3rd round is that massive that you have to him.

Alexander

Reaction score

They are about the same. Getting player in the third stanza of free agency is treading water. Robinson is cheaper. That is really all it is.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't have the energy to explain it to you, and you'll reject it anyway. Have a good one.

And I haven't watched a highlight reel on YouTube, smart guy. You've watched every snap of All-22 too?

Not all but some of the All-22............. he's an average CB about to make elite CB money.

Are you really telling us he's worth $14MM a year?

Robinson is probably as good, maybe slightly better based off last year. But the key is he's going to do what Carr does for a fraction of the cost.

Daillest88

Reaction score

Carr is a 3 million dollar corner at best