Patrick Robinson "expected to sign" Per Rapoport

Plankton

Reaction score
It doesn't take PFF to see that Robinson is probably no worse than Carr's equal at a fraction of the cost.

Not sure how anyone could really have an issue with this signing if it comes.

Not to mention he is younger, and potentially ascending, since he was a far better player in San Diego than he ever was in New Orleans.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not to mention he is younger, and potentially ascending, since he was a far better player in San Diego than he ever was in New Orleans.

Wasn't health a factor?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Stephen, Jerry and Red are in Indy for the owners meetings. Probably what the hold up is.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just looked up who his agent is, he is pretty inexperienced, only eight negotiated contracts in total. That also could be a problem along with the Joneses and Garrett trying to handle over the phone.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I'd feel slightly better about it if that is truly the case, but even then, I don't have a lot of excitement or faith in Morris being any sort of an answer.

FWIW, I argue with Jordon Ross from Cowboys.com constantly on Twitter about not taking a rb at 4. Ross is all in on the Boys taking Elliot at 4, while I argue there is no value selecting a rb that high.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWIW, I argue with Jordon Ross from Cowboys.com constantly on Twitter about not taking a rb at 4. Ross is all in on the Boys taking Elliot at 4, while I argue there is no value selecting a rb that high.

You've got company!

And it's not because Elliott isn't a good player, it's because there is better value to be had.

jjktkk

Reaction score
But of course. It's called priorities. They're probably making Morris wait out in the parking lot.

Has there been any confirmation where Robinson and/or Morris met with Jerry over contract talks? Whataburger, Taco Bueno?

Sydla

Reaction score
So you wouldn't take Emmitt at 4?

Prior to knowing what we know about Smith, nope.

You have the benefit of hindsight.

It was also a completely different time with no salary cap and a more run oriented league.

jjktkk

Reaction score
IF we can sign Morris AND Robinson, suddenly, blokes of the gridiron, we are major players in FA. Just last week were were major players among the journeymen FA class of 2016.

These two additions will change EVERYTHING!
Again, if we can sign both of them, we go from a 2 in FA to an 8, just like that. I feel so good about the sudden change of events that I can eat 3 scones with boysenberry and tea!

I thought Farmers Branch folk ate like steak and stuff.

Wood

Reaction score
It doesn't take PFF to see that Robinson is probably no worse than Carr's equal at a fraction of the cost.

Not sure how anyone could really have an issue with this signing if it comes.

the question is that Robinson might not be enough of a signing to replace Carr. Most of Robinson best play has come from slot. If anything it pushes Scandrick outside and then Dallas gets to pick their poison with Mo or Carr opposite Scandrick. I would try to get Carr to accept pay cut and keep him on team in case Mo gets hurt.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Y'all crack me up with this stuff. Enough with the negative source-media garbage. Everyone out there saying it's done. None of them are spot on all the time, but if everyone out there is saying its done then stop.

What's up with the jealous attitudes about who gets to say something first about a signing?
#maturity

it goes far beyond a signing for me, personally.

jjktkk

Reaction score
You already have Mitchell and Olatoye who are probably 4-5. So maybe a mid to late rd pick for depth and ST.
IMO, these two played well late, last season, and are pretty solid 4th and 5th corners, if there is such a thing as solid 4th and 5th corners.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Prior to knowing what we know about Smith, nope.

You have the benefit of hindsight.

It was also a completely different time with no salary cap and a more run oriented league.

Everyone is talking about "value" but I don't think they really understand what that means.

Emmitt at 4 is worth every penny. Emmitt at 1 is worth every penny.

Any HoF RB is worth a top pick.

If EE is a Pro Bowler at 4 it is a value success.