Patriots - 31 vs. Chargers - 14 (Q4) *Game Thread*

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
We didn't get a flag for a spike.

Now - has new england SPUN the ball?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Perhaps the reason a certain someone with a tight shirt hasn't been officiating playoffs games.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i saw the welker one and couldn't believe no flag. what no video tapes so they pay off the refs?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1649251 said:

The new rule is you can't do that on the field of play. It's a delay of game penalty. We got one last week for a spike, if you recall.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I saw the 2nd spike and immediately came here to see if anybody else caught it. Definitely a double standard going on here with the refs.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I actually like what Randy Moss just did. Scored a TD and walked over to some soldiers behind the endzone and shook their hands.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've counted two spikes on one OBVIOUS push off on R. Moss...

BlueStar22

Reaction score
and a roid-less Merriman looks average so far. Last year he'd have 5 sacks by now.

juck

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1649251 said:

TO got one today also

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Are we thinking that the league has to make sure that NE wins to dispel the notion that they cheated their way to 3 SB's?

I don't think it's fixed, but refs are definitely calling this game different than the rest. So far at least.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
TO gets called for spinning the ball down but Welker can do a full spike and no call. Guess its ok to grab LT's facemask too.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LeonDixson;1649298 said:
Are we thinking that the league has to make sure that NE wins to dispel the notion that they cheated their way to 3 SB's?

I don't think it's fixed, but refs are definitely calling this game different than the rest. So far at least.

You know..I'm not really one for conspiracy theory's, but that really does make sense. Lots of no calls so far....

How would the league look if their beloved dynasty obtained it by cheating...their might be alittle extra love going towards the Patriots this game.

If they beat the Chargers "fair and square" then surely what they've been doing hasn't helped them that much. :rolleyes:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
I wonder if NE is the most hated team in the league now? Not BY the league, but by the fans.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
With their weapons and the Oline playing as well as they are it is going to be hard to beat them.