Patriots / Texan Thread

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
If I'm a Texan fan which I'm not I don't know if it's a good thing if they win this game or not. Then you start hearing from people and maybe ownership (who wanted Brock) how he won the division and got them to a Conference Championship. I am 100% not buying Brock Osweiler as a long term solution and no one should.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is one of only 6 other post season games in NFL history since 1966 where there was a 15 point or more favorite . The only underdog to win was the Namath Jets in SB III

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
That's exactly the point. When you have as poor an offfense as they do, how many chances are you going to get down there? You can't let those precious opportunities get away with only 3 against a potent offense like the Patriots. Sure, you might not make it, but you have to adopt high-risk high-reward strategies if you don't just want to get slowly ground down. "Keeping the game close" is not a virtue.

Note that they've been given two gifts in the last 10 minutes, and they're still behind. They need to do more.

and if they don't get the 4th and 2 they're further behind. Your mentality is too much like playing Madden chasing points. It's a one point game there's not a Houston Texan right now that isn't thrilled.

bark

Reaction score
Come on Marty b do one of those goofy off your hands for an int.

StylisticS

Reaction score
well well. we got us a football game here. In the game everyone said would be a blowout (I realize that can still happen).

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
The Texans could go up by 14, and I'd still think the Pats would win

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and if they don't get the 4th and 2 they're further behind. Your mentality is too much like playing Madden chasing points. It's a one point game there's not a Houston Texan right now that isn't thrilled.
Yes, if they don't get the 4th and 2, they're further behind. But if they get it, they might actually be ahead. Your mentality is far too risk averse. Virtually all NFL coaches are risk-averse, because they don't get criticized for "keeping the game close," but it's the wrong decision, and there's a huge amount of research that backs that up. It's really not even a close call.