Pats pull the plug on the appeals process

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@BartHubbuch: I asked Jim Irsay if he had a response to Kraft accepting the penalty: "No. No, I don't."

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Something has to have changed...either that or the league threatened something worse.

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
Not exactly, Brady still has his appeal. This will go on for a little bit longer.

it ended for me the second I heard it mentioned on tv right after the playoff game ended. I laughed and went and did laundry or something

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Roger: "Just accept your 2014 trophy, give up on the 2015 trophy and you can cheat again for the 2016 trophy"

Kraft: "So superbowl again next season? Deal"

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
it ended for me the second I heard it mentioned on tv right after the playoff game ended. I laughed and went and did laundry or something

Well, you did bother to post about it in this thread, so it didn't really end back then...:)

movaughn88

Reaction score
Not exactly, Brady still has his appeal. This will go on for a little bit longer.

Schefter is saying the same - that this doesn't affect Brady's appeal at all. Anyone can already guess what kind of deal was cut here since good 'ol Roger is hearing that appeal himself. Kraft and him were already hugging buddies at the meetings today. Let's not be surprised to see that 4 games reduced to 1 or 0.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Schefter is saying the same - that this doesn't affect Brady's appeal at all. Anyone can already guess what kind of deal was cut here since good 'ol Roger is hearing that appeal himself. Kraft and him were already hugging buddies at the meetings today. Let's not be surprised to see that 4 games reduced to 1 or 0.

My guess is that the deal was negotiated down to two.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@MikeGarafolo: Full Robert Kraft message to Patriots fans at the end of his presser: "Now I know that a lot of Patriots (cont) http://t.co/y68IqB2lRQ

@HolderStephen: I could definitely see this https://t.co/yvNMTez16p

This was my thought as well. Take your big boy medicine and we will reduce Brady's suspension...if you continue to fight, I will hear his appeal and still keep his suspension in place.

Deep_South

Reaction score
All of the news reports have said Goodell was going to hear Brady's appeal on Thursday, but on "NFL Live" last night Shefter said it won't be heard until after Hardy's appeal at the end of the month. So, there's something going on there, too.