Pats pull the plug on the appeals process

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That's my point. How can you now reduce the penalty on the cheater? His team is no longer fighting it and there is no new evidence that we know of. If anything was going to be reduced by Goodell, it was the team penalties.

It doesn't make sense for Brady either. He needs it completely overturned for his legacy.

He didn't cooperate so I don't see any room for a dismissal.

I think the Pats dropped it because they were caught red handed. Anyone that actually read the Wells report can see that. The attendants basically admitted it and the all of the balls were tested and were found to be way below the limit. The Colts balls and all the balls after halftime were not affected.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I think the league threatened worse.

In a league where a player can be fined for making disparaging remarks against the officials or the league, what do you think could happen by Kraft continuing to disparage the league over this?

I've been saying this all along. It's not the court of law and there is no double jeopardy that applies here. If I were Goodell I would have told the Patriots to either come clean or shut up. Otherwise, I would just increase the fines because they are technically continuing to not cooperate.

Of course, I would have nipped this all in the bud during SpyGate so the Patriots wouldn't even think of cheating again in the first place. But, that's just me.

YR

I agree. Between Tom Brady's dad and agent and the Patriots attack on Wells and their own report it was becoming too much.

They were told to get back in line or face even worse. The test balloons the Pats were floating were going over like lead zeppelins.

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense for Brady either. He needs it completely overturned for his legacy.

I think the Pats dropped it because they were caught red handed. Anyone that actually read the Wells report can see that. The attendants basically admitted it and the all of the balls were tested and were found to be way below the limit. The Colts balls and all the balls after halftime were not affected.

who cares about a jocks legacy? He made millions throwing a ball around. Nothing changes about his life and no one cares. Another dumb jock will take his place like the 100s before him.

You seen his house ? its the size of a small village

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
who cares about a jocks legacy? He made millions throwing a ball around. Nothing changes about his life and no one cares. Another dumb jock will take his place like the 100s before him.

You seen his house ? its the size of a small village

they all care and that's why he is fighting it

the 2m he is losing is ash tray money

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Why did craft change his mind on appeal? Everybody keeps saying theres no proof now he just takes it? I think something was worked out. I really dont expect his suspension to hold up to 4 games. Time will tell though. Doesnt affect the cowboys most likely so whatever they do is whatever they do.

You said Brady's punishment would go to 0 which makes no sense. He is the cheater. If he didn't do anything worthy of punishment, then what are the team penalties for? I think other owners got to Kraft and changed his mind because the next time an owner sues the NFL, the golden goose could end up dead. That's why Jones and Snyder were talked out of suing. I also believe there is stuff out there that the league knows but was left out of Wells report.

Garrettop

Reaction score
You said Brady's punishment would go to 0 which makes no sense. He is the cheater. If he didn't do anything worthy of punishment, then what are the team penalties for? I think other owners got to Kraft and changed his mind because the next time an owner sues the NFL, the golden goose could end up dead. That's why Jones and Snyder were talked out of suing. I also believe there is stuff out there that the league knows but was left out of Wells report.

Although I doubt Brady gets away scott free, I can imagine a scenario where his penalty is either reduced or re-arranged, and that is based on NFLPA and NFL dynamic, which is a different ballgame than the owners club.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Although I doubt Brady gets away scott free, I can imagine a scenario where his penalty is either reduced or re-arranged, and that is based on NFLPA and NFL dynamic, which is a different ballgame than the owners club.

Let's rearrange this. How about 4 weeks instead of 4 games?

burmafrd

Reaction score
there is no reason for anyone to think Brady's suspension will be reduced except for stupid gomers. Unless he admits it to Goodell and basically asks for mercy which will not happen.

lkelly

Reaction score
That was the suggestion that Colin Cowherd had, citing that the NFL could make major dollars in advertising against the Cowboys.

Huh? Can you explain Cowherd's stance on that? Seems about as inane as much of his hard to defend drivel.

The NFL owners have a huge stake in protecting the Dallas Cowboys insanely valuable brand. If the Dallas franchise is worth a gazillion dollars, it ups the value of every other franchise. If the Dallas franchise value takes a major nosedive, what does that mean for Jacksonville, Detroit, Buffalo, or St. Louis? You don't see a lot of neighbors defacing the high end homes in their neighborhoods thinking that it will help their resale values when realtors start doing comps.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Huh? Can you explain Cowherd's stance on that? Seems about as inane as much of his hard to defend drivel.

The NFL owners have a huge stake in protecting the Dallas Cowboys insanely valuable brand. If the Dallas franchise is worth a gazillion dollars, it ups the value of every other franchise. If the Dallas franchise value takes a major nosedive, what does that mean for Jacksonville, Detroit, Buffalo, or St. Louis? You don't see a lot of neighbors defacing the high end homes in their neighborhoods thinking that it will help their resale values when realtors start doing comps.
Maybe I stated it wrongly. His point was that The NFL could make more money allowing the Brady to play against the Cowboys. The advertising to be had during that game is worth cutting Brady's suspension.

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
That was the suggestion that Colin Cowherd had, citing that the NFL could make major dollars in advertising against the Cowboys.

he's just a sports radio hack. He just picks an angle and runs with it. He cant even say anything unless the NFL approves of it in the first place or wouldn't be working

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Maybe I stated it wrongly. His point was that The NFL could make more money allowing the Brady to play against the Cowboys. The advertising to be had during that game is worth cutting Brady's suspension.

All the TV deals are done. It wouldn't matter until the next contracts come up for bid, which is years away.

cowboyvic

Reaction score

Kraft sold out to Goodell and the other owners just like Jerry did on the 10 million dollar cap hit. i keep hoping some of these owners will stand up to this fool. and they won't do it. it's pitiful.

lkelly

Reaction score
Kraft sold out to Goodell and the other owners just like Jerry did on the 10 million dollar cap hit. i keep hoping some of these owners will stand up to this fool. and they won't do it. it's pitiful.

Goodell works for the owners. If they collectively think he's doing a bad job, they replace him. Kraft wasn't cowed by Goodell, he relented to the other 31 billionaires who share similar common business interests.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Something doesn't smell right here.

Kraft: I don't want to continue the rhetoric that's gone on the last four months. I'm going to accept, reluctantly, what he's given us.

I love the wording... "What he has given us"? If you don't get caught stealing a car then the judge "he" doesn't give you anything.

Kraft says he has two options: "I can try to end it or extend it"

The equivalent to "if the glove doesn't fit you must acquit"

Kraft says the agenda of one team shouldn't outweigh the other 31.

Ok, Mr. Spock!

Texans owner Bob McNair upon arriving at here says he's not surprised by Robert Kraft's stance. "He always does what's best for the league."

It's like the scene out of goodfellas. "You gotta go back to your wife.... I can't have them commiserating.... I can't have it..... You gotta agree to go back.... Tell everything is gonna be just like it was before"

"Before I make a decision I measure 9 times and cut once," Kraft. Had I made a decision last week it would have been different

What he meant was.... "Roger had me bent over a barrel until today."

Now I know that a lot of Patriots fans are going to be disappointed in that decision (to not appeal) but I hope they trust my judgment and know that I really feel at this point in time, taking this off the agenda, this is the best thing for the New England Patriots, our fans and the NFL, and I hope you all can respect that.

This is not an agenda. Stop calling it one. It was a lie.

Patriot fans that are disappointed. Please enjoy the 4 tainted trophies.
The last one. Consider yourself lucky.