Pats pull the plug on the appeals process

Deep_South

Reaction score
They keep the penalty bradys suspension gets wiped to 0.

Now that Kraft has thrown in the towel, there will be pressure on Brady to just roll with the punches and accept the suspension, IMO. I think it is more likely now we won't be seeing him week 5 than it was yesterday.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Now that Kraft has thrown in the towel, there will be pressure on Brady to just roll with the punches and accept the suspension, IMO. I think it is more likely now we won't be seeing him week 5 than it was yesterday.

Im sure they worked something out behind closed doors.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Something has to have changed...either that or the league threatened something worse.

I think the league threatened worse.

In a league where a player can be fined for making disparaging remarks against the officials or the league, what do you think could happen by Kraft continuing to disparage the league over this?

I've been saying this all along. It's not the court of law and there is no double jeopardy that applies here. If I were Goodell I would have told the Patriots to either come clean or shut up. Otherwise, I would just increase the fines because they are technically continuing to not cooperate.

Of course, I would have nipped this all in the bud during SpyGate so the Patriots wouldn't even think of cheating again in the first place. But, that's just me.

YR

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
no one threatened anything. All they have to do is make a general statement in media and the public is writing their own story in their own conscience.
if The league actually wanted to,they would take away the super bowl trophy and everyone would know. Theres nothing that would be secret or what ever deal made.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OT: why does "good day" always sound so hostile lol.....

....I said good day

I could've said, "Bye Felicia"

tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

tumblr_mn44qqr56F1qbqne3o1_1280.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
There is no basis at all for reducing Brady's suspension and everyone except patsy homers and pathological haters of goodell realize that.

What most likely happened is that some of the owners talked to Kraft and basically told him to follow his own advice of years ago and just walk away.

Goodell will make a big deal of the meeting but will say basically that nothing has changed and the suspension stands. Anything else is worse for him and the NFL and that is what matters.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

To me, one has little to do with the other

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They keep the penalty bradys suspension gets wiped to 0.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard about the whole thing. So the team gets punished and the man who actually cheated gets totally off? That is not going to happen. Brady is the one that cheated. They aren't clearing him of his misdeeds because if he did nothing wrong, then what are the team penalties for?

dogberry

Reaction score
Four games is just right.

The Colts and Jets games should be fun to watch.

Plus Phil, NY, and DC to be unfair need to play Brady.

irishline

Reaction score
Four games is just right.

The Colts and Jets games should be fun to watch.

Plus Phil, NY, and DC to be unfair need to play Brady.

If its a 4 game suspension Brady won't be playing us anyway. They have a bye week 4, so their 4th game would be week 5 against us. (that is assuming I am reading that right).

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That's the dumbest thing I've heard about the whole thing. So the team gets punished and the man who actually cheated gets totally off? That is not going to happen. Brady is the one that cheated. They aren't clearing him of his misdeeds because if he did nothing wrong, then what are the team penalties for?

Why did craft change his mind on appeal? Everybody keeps saying theres no proof now he just takes it? I think something was worked out. I really dont expect his suspension to hold up to 4 games. Time will tell though. Doesnt affect the cowboys most likely so whatever they do is whatever they do.

dogberry

Reaction score
Kraft hasn't wanted to appeal from the beginning.

Kraft, Jones, and Snyder own billion dollar companies. Their wealth is tied too closely to the NFL to fight.

Brady's willingly to fight. His lawyers and expert witnesses just may make the NFL's look inept.

thinwhiteduke

Reaction score
Kraft hasn't wanted to appeal from the beginning.

Kraft, Jones, and Snyder own billion dollar companies. Their wealth is tied too closely to the NFL to fight.

Brady's willingly to fight. His lawyers and expert witnesses just may make the NFL's look inept.

their NFL money isn't even 1/10 of how they profit as individuals but their pull as billionaire lawyer royalty in this country gives them plenty of pull