Paul Finebaum on ESPN radio today talks Lincoln Riley Dallas Cowboys future

Aven8

Reaction score
Could someone give me a quick fill in as to what all the fuss is about over Riley? Also, how he would go about jumping ship on his freshly signed extension at OU?

He’s had the past two Heisman trophy winners at QB and #1 overall picks. Baker was a walk on at Tech and transferred, and Murray was a wash out at A&M. Hurts couldn’t throw the ball to save his life at Bama, and was benched for Tua. Now he looks like the 3rd Heisman winner in a row for OU.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Heard Paul Finebaum on Golic and Wingo today, also Stephen A Smith: On Golic and Wingo he said he was "100% certain that Riley would be coaching the Dallas Cowboys this time next year". He was asked the question by Golic and Wingo. On Stephen A Smith without prompting he said "he would be shocked if Riley wasn't the head coach in Dallas after this season". Take it FWIW, gotta think Finebaum has his share of contacts.
It just moved!!!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Okay, that is something. He's had a few good College QBs, a pretty impressive record(29-4 as a HC is what I've found)..but his teams seem to fall short of the big ones. 0-2 in bowl games and 0-2 in the Playoffs.

I just have seen his name thrown about over the last couple of years, and literally had no idea why folks are obsessed with him
It’s figuring out what direction Jerry would go. He’d be trying to find his next Jimmy.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Arizonas coach runs same system as Oklahoma?
He’s like 37 years old so he relates to the players. Scared of what contacts he has on defense to bring in. He’s never had a good one at OU.

And Kliffs offense in Arizona hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire with Lincoln’s protege

Bowdown27

Reaction score
What’s the only way Garrett is back as the coach next season ?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Okay, that is something. He's had a few good College QBs, a pretty impressive record(29-4 as a HC is what I've found)..but his teams seem to fall short of the big ones. 0-2 in bowl games and 0-2 in the Playoffs.

I just have seen his name thrown about over the last couple of years, and literally had no idea why folks are obsessed with him
His offenses haven't been the problem against good teams. It's his defenses. If they were even average, they would have won a national title by now.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He’s had the past two Heisman trophy winners at QB and #1 overall picks. Baker was a walk on at Tech and transferred, and Murray was a wash out at A&M. Hurts couldn’t throw the ball to save his life at Bama, and was benched for Tua. Now he looks like the 3rd Heisman winner in a row for OU.

Side note:

Sumlin did not do any favors for Murray, that entire season was a disaster which ultimately lead to Sumlins demise. Funny thing, both Aggie QBs ,that were passed around like a kleenex, are both starting in the league..one for Arizona and one for Carolina. Now, back on track..my apologies

I'm all about fresh blood, and at this point I believe anything is better than JG. I'm tired of seeing him stare off into space and hand out high fives while we're losing 31-3.

I am still concerned, however, as how we go about getting him(Riley)out of his contract?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Agreed. Riley's teams have choked in college bowl games and college playoffs. Not so sure about him.

Plankton

Reaction score
If I'm fishing in the college ranks for a coach, I'm looking at David Shaw or Paul Chryst.