Pauline: Derrick Henry trade: Insider notes on Cowboys' interest

RS12

Reaction score
I’m told the Titans are receiving calls from teams interested in acquiring running back Derrick Henry and the belief at present time is the Baltimore Ravens are the leaders in the clubhouse.

Once again I was told the Dallas Cowboys remain the dark horse. Sources also tell me compensation could be the sticking point. Teams may not be willing to part with anything other than a fourth-round pick for Henry, who is on the downside of his career.

Yet the belief is Titans ownership would never approve of such a deal for a player who has meant so much to their franchise since he was drafted in 2016. One league source told me it is his opinion the Ravens should absolutely part with a day-two selection for Henry if they feel he will push them over the top.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/new...fc-contender-monitoring-titans-rb-s-situation

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
We don't need Henry, this is not an offense built on a running game. We don't have the o-line to run the ball primarily between the tackles. Those become wasted 1-yard gains on 1st or 2nd down, that only extend to 2 or 3 yards sometimes with Henry.

Instead, go find a run-stuffing DT or a solid LB, THAT's what this team needs. Don't waste a trade on a RB. Pollard and Dowdle are fine for what this offense needs...just need to use what they have more creatively.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Rappaport saying highly unlikely to be traded now.....that if he WAS gonna be traded we woulda seen something happen with his contract today even if we didn't hear about the trade until tomorrow

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My biggest concern if we don't do this is what happens if we lose Pollard to a season-ending injury but having said that, I would only go as high as 2024 5th or 2025 4th.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I’m told the Titans are receiving calls from teams interested in acquiring running back Derrick Henry and the belief at present time is the Baltimore Ravens are the leaders in the clubhouse.

Once again I was told the Dallas Cowboys remain the dark horse. Sources also tell me compensation could be the sticking point. Teams may not be willing to part with anything other than a fourth-round pick for Henry, who is on the downside of his career.

Yet the belief is Titans ownership would never approve of such a deal for a player who has meant so much to their franchise since he was drafted in 2016. One league source told me it is his opinion the Ravens should absolutely part with a day-two selection for Henry if they feel he will push them over the top.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/new...fc-contender-monitoring-titans-rb-s-situation
Today one of the insider NFL reporters said Dallas had not called at all on Henry.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
We don't need Henry, this is not an offense built on a running game. We don't have the o-line to run the ball primarily between the tackles. Those become wasted 1-yard gains on 1st or 2nd down, that only extend to 2 or 3 yards sometimes with Henry.

Instead, go find a run-stuffing DT or a solid LB, THAT's what this team needs. Don't waste a trade on a RB. Pollard and Dowdle are fine for what this offense needs...just need to use what they have more creatively.

If a runner is getting 2 more yards on those inside runs he is worth multiple 1st round picks.

cowboybish

Reaction score

I disagree respectfully bc when one of our current backs go down we got nothing. Henry is an exceptional RB who just put ip over 100 last week on 22 carries.