Pauline: Derrick Henry trade: Insider notes on Cowboys' interest

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Today one of the insider NFL reporters said Dallas had not called at all on Henry.
Jerry told us they weren't calling but you can bet the Titans will call Dallas to see if they can beat any other offer.
No team is going to sign off on a trade without checking with all the contenders first.

But Dallas isn't looking to give up mid-round picks that form the middle of the roster for 3-5 years unless the return is right.

rambo2

Reaction score
Jerry told us they weren't calling but you can bet the Titans will call Dallas to see if they can beat any other offer.
No team is going to sign off on a trade without checking with all the contenders first.

But Dallas isn't looking to give up mid-round picks that form the middle of the roster for 3-5 years unless the return is right.
They certainly are calling.

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
I swear Jerry doesn't want to win the Supr Bowl . All it takes is one or two players to make this team elite and he refuses to make any moves .

Praxit

Reaction score
..Jeff Saturday is BIG on Dallas getting Henry. Good pragmatic reasons given.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
how often do you see OL worth anything traded?
Not often. So if there is no one, then I'm with Jerrah (which is rare): Let's just roll with who we have. Unless we can find a REAL difference maker at LB or along the o-line, then don't even waste the money. Save the draft picks for later. I simply don't think Henry will be a difference-maker with this o-line and the strengths of this offense, which is not a bunch of between-the-tackle runs.

Aven8

Reaction score
We just don’t have any late round picks to do this. Lance took our 4 which is what I would be willing to give

Hardline

Reaction score
This team isn't passing its way too a Super Bowl championship. No Cowboys team has ever won it without a very good RB. Derrick Henry would set this offense over the top and greatly improve the red zone touchdown scores.