Pauline: Derrick Henry trade: Insider notes on Cowboys' interest

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
It offfensive linemen and linebackers aren’t available. Henry brings much need toughness and physical play.
On offense, this team's identity is not going to be toughness, not with this o-line. For now, those days are over. Bringing in a big RB won't change the identity of this offense. Trying to go back to "3 yards and a cloud of dust" with this o-line is wasting the better matchups we have at other positions. For this Texas Coast Offense, it's pass first, and short passes to use as long-handoffs, getting Pollard in space. That's the best way to score points for this offense. Trying to pound the rock, even in the Red Zone, it just doesn't work well, this banged up o-line is not built for it. We have to stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

So, getting Henry would mostly be a waste. Sure, he could help on 3rd and 4th and short, but even then, if the line can't block better, he could get blown up in the backfield too. He's not invincible, not when the blocking isn't there, else he'd have better stats this year in Tennessee, who's also struggling to run block.

Find some o-line or LB depth, or simply stand pat.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yep.

You could significantly increase the odds of a Super Bowl or most likely draft another Nashon Wright.

This is a no brainer.
Well when you put it that way lol…

They aren’t doing this and I’m gonna have to give them a rare pass when they don’t.

I don’t feel as if it’s the missing piece.

I reserve the right to be wrong!

I’d be more on board if they didn’t give away picks for players during a time they could be had for money only, and/or they weren’t a team that insists on draft only to improve every offseason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Well when you put it that way lol…

They aren’t doing this and I’m gonna have to give them a rare pass when they don’t.

I don’t feel as if it’s the missing piece.

I reserve the right to be wrong!

I’d be more on board if they didn’t give away picks for players during a time they could be had for money only, and/or they weren’t a team that insists on draft only to improve every offseason.

The missing piece is our QB not imploding in big games.

We know he will so this is our answer.

kskboys

Reaction score
Derrick Henry is quite simply not what most of you seem to think he is.

He's actually an open field runner and not a great inside runner. No one believes it due to how big he is and how they see him breaking tackles all the time on the highlights. Those are in the open field, and he is great at that.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The missing piece is our QB not imploding in big games.

We know he will so this is our answer.
Can’t argue with that based on the recent results, but Henry doesn’t change that, nor probably does the player they draft with the pick they don’t trade for him.

It comes down to how #4 plays in the final game and we all pretty much know that.

As foolish as it may seem, I’ve gotta hope he gets it right somehow.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Anybody saying they wouldn't give a third round pick for Henry is out of their minds.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If they want a 4 then yeah chances are we have to give up a 3…
or, you could look at the trade value chart and come up with the same value for maybe 4 in 2025 and a 6 in 2024. "Oh! we don't have a 4th! we could never possibly do this!"

Titans needs to go full rebuild and will be selling off assets. Henry isn't going to be re-signed. Tannehill is injured with an expiring contract. They've used a 2nd and a 3rd on qbs in the last two drafts and one looked really good last week.

Titans are sellers and they will sell low. They want to see what Levis can do and they aren't going anywhere this year. You get that rookie QB going, lose games, and then get him some help early in the first? That's just what teams do.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
That's probably not gas. It's probably real feelings because it happens all the time. Agents go to card in negotiations.
Can agents negotiate with other teams if their client is under contract with a team? I suspect they cannot without the expressed consent of the team the player has a contract with.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Would be an idiotic trade. The running game isn't struggling because of Pollard. The running game is bad because Tyron can't stay healthy and Terence Steele is a jag who should be nothing more than a backup, at most.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
We do have one, just no 5th or 6th.
No, we don't. They sent it out for Trey Lance.

From what I've read, we'll either get 2 6th rounders or a 5th and a 6th as compensatory picks. Haven't seen anything that suggests we'll get a 4th.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Would be an idiotic trade. The running game isn't struggling because of Pollard. The running game is bad because Tyron can't stay healthy and Terence Steele is a jag who should be nothing more than a backup, at most.
:hammer: ...the ink wasn't even dry....and I was regretting that deal.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Right side of the line has been there most of the year. Can we not run right?

coult44

Reaction score
I hope so! I want him
I do too, but none of us will ever really know the inner workings of NFL player personnel, or have real access to anything. I mean unless Broadus lurks amongst us hiding in plane site.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No, we don't. They sent it out for Trey Lance.

From what I've read, we'll either get 2 6th rounders or a 5th and a 6th as compensatory picks. Haven't seen anything that suggests we'll get a 4th.
My mistake I was reading an old article on Cowboys draft picks from before the trade. So not much draft capital at all for a midseason trade unless they want to send more.