Pauline: Ramsey #1 player on Cowboys board

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Risen just just threw up in his mouth...

And do you know who wrote that article? The same schmuck we are discrediting in this thread. He doesn't know jack squat about what our board looks like. He's a Philly hack that knows about as much as Risen when it comes to the Cowboys big board.:rolleyes:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Also, the last three times we drafted in the top 10 we took a DB. It's like they take everyone else off the board when we are in this position.

2011 - No. 1 pick, ninth selection: Tyron Smith, OL, USC.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fish weighing in on another one of his "premium" articles!

At least he seems to have started to tagging these as Premium.
At one time he did not and you would click on the link only to get the join now crap.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fisher is arrogant for no reason. He seems dead wrong all the time and is incredibly condescending and disrespectful to fans. He's an apologist that rivals Spagnolia.

I wouldn't read his stuff for free, let alone pay for it.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
And do you know who wrote that article? The same schmuck we are discrediting in this thread. He doesn't know jack squat about what our board looks like. He's a Philly hack that knows about as much as Risen when it comes to the Cowboys big board.:rolleyes:

I do not take these articles seriously, relax Floaty and where is that 7 round mock?

PoundTheRock

Reaction score
Wut?

The last 6 years, they've picked 4 All Pro players in the first round. Who has done better than that over the same stretch?

They picked a guard and a center in the first round. Any idiot team could get that right. If you pick either of those positions in the first round and they aren't good you deserve to be fired.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
They picked a guard and a center in the first round. Any idiot team could get that right. If you pick either of those positions in the first round and they aren't good you deserve to be fired.

AZ picked Jonathan Cooper top 10 and he can't even get on the field.....they made it to the NFC Championship game. No first round pick is guaranteed to be good, regardless of position.

Sydla

Reaction score

Any idiot team could do that?

LOL. Some of you guys are incapable I guess of just admitting that the Cowboys actually do some things well.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The level of ButtHurt and self righteousness over someone saying they know who is at the top of the cowboys board, before the board is ever made, is a win. Talk about this front office being foolish yet falling for this crap so early is the definition of foolishness.

Plus the idea that just because some fans on this site don't know where a player would be played they automatically assume the club does not...the level of arrogance on that one is astounding.

Full of win.

I do not care for the idea of Ramsey and have been on record as such and why I feel that way.

However if they think he is the best rated player and also fills a need...so be it. I will hope he does well for the team.

I would rather the team take a good QB, if they rate him high enough in this draft.
I would rather them take a player like Jacks over Ramsey.
Heck I would be ok if they shocked the world and took EE because I feel if they really wanted him it would be ok instead of gambling and trading down only to lose him to another team.
I don't really care for Bosa and I don't know if I would trust Spence with a top 5 pick due to his past.
I don't think they go Oline even if Tunsil fell to them.
I don't think a DT in this class is worth a top 5 pick but if they really like one...so be it.

Point is, I might be disappointed with the pick but I am willing to give them a chance. So far the last few years they have done a pretty decent job with their first rounders with one exception.

If you are dead set on a QB with the first pick and will pan any other pick...you might as well get ready to be disappointed. Oh wail now and nash the teeth. Tell the world and everybody how they are foolish if they don't see it as you do. Just get it out of the way now. Cause there is a very good chance that JJ and Stephen will get a young Backup QB (like RGIII) who they think can fill in for Romo and possilbly take over later instead of taking a QB with the 4th overall pick this year.

Jerry has pretty much told you as much. He is looking to get people to help Romo win a championship and has also talked about getting better on defense. That should be your clue as to where we are probably going with the first pick.

Jerry can put a dump truck full of statements out there prior to the drafts but if you just sift through it, he usually makes it plain in what direction they are heading.

Now...If Jerry says all of this and pulls the smoke screens of all smoke screens so be it...but as of right now...prepare and get it out of your system now.

Yep, I don't think we are going QB at 4 either.............I think the SB convinced Jerry that he needs to improve the D more than anything.

So with that being said, the only defensive players in this draft worth a top 5 pick are Bosa, Ramsey, and Jack.

I think our pick will be one of these 3.................not the way I would go, but I think this is the way they are going to go.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Yep, I don't think we are going QB at 4 either.............I think the SB convinced Jerry that he needs to improve the D more than anything.

So with that being said, the only defensive players in this draft worth a top 5 pick are Bosa, Ramsey, and Jack.

I think our pick will be one of these 3.................not the way I would go, but I think this is the way they are going to go.

this is what that bugs me-Jerry was ready to draft JFB and had to be overruled by everybody in the room and that was when Romo was playing very well .Now we have a broken down Romo and he is going away from way better prospects from Johnny Football? this is not what a good GM would do.I hope Mcclay and Stephen atleast think long term because we know Jerry isnt .

School

Reaction score
Honest question because I haven't really watched him: Why don't more people here like Ramsey? Excelled at two positions, big time swagger, and it sounds like he may not make it past San Diego. What I am missing here?