Pauline: Ramsey #1 player on Cowboys board

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
And just how does this scout know what our draft board looks like?

I find this very had to believe, I think this is what he is guessing at.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Dallas is not going to draft a QB with that 4th pick in the draft to sit on the bench, command a pemium starters salary and potentially not help the team at all on the field in 2016! You already know that so let's digress! Defense is the rule of out draft day in 2016. :)

It this kind of short sighted thinking that has ruined this franchise in the past. Get the QB....groom him for a year under Romo.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think he may end up a very good safety.

But a safety in the Top 5? Ehhhhh..............

lkelly

Reaction score
At this point I think you can only safely say he's at the top of their board of FSU prospects that are in the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The level of ButtHurt and self righteousness over someone saying they know who is at the top of the cowboys board, before the board is ever made, is a win. Talk about this front office being foolish yet falling for this crap so early is the definition of foolishness.

Plus the idea that just because some fans on this site don't know where a player would be played they automatically assume the club does not...the level of arrogance on that one is astounding.

Full of win.

I do not care for the idea of Ramsey and have been on record as such and why I feel that way.

However if they think he is the best rated player and also fills a need...so be it. I will hope he does well for the team.

I would rather the team take a good QB, if they rate him high enough in this draft.
I would rather them take a player like Jacks over Ramsey.
Heck I would be ok if they shocked the world and took EE because I feel if they really wanted him it would be ok instead of gambling and trading down only to lose him to another team.
I don't really care for Bosa and I don't know if I would trust Spence with a top 5 pick due to his past.
I don't think they go Oline even if Tunsil fell to them.
I don't think a DT in this class is worth a top 5 pick but if they really like one...so be it.

Point is, I might be disappointed with the pick but I am willing to give them a chance. So far the last few years they have done a pretty decent job with their first rounders with one exception.

If you are dead set on a QB with the first pick and will pan any other pick...you might as well get ready to be disappointed. Oh wail now and nash the teeth. Tell the world and everybody how they are foolish if they don't see it as you do. Just get it out of the way now. Cause there is a very good chance that JJ and Stephen will get a young Backup QB (like RGIII) who they think can fill in for Romo and possilbly take over later instead of taking a QB with the 4th overall pick this year.

Jerry has pretty much told you as much. He is looking to get people to help Romo win a championship and has also talked about getting better on defense. That should be your clue as to where we are probably going with the first pick.

Jerry can put a dump truck full of statements out there prior to the drafts but if you just sift through it, he usually makes it plain in what direction they are heading.

Now...If Jerry says all of this and pulls the smoke screens of all smoke screens so be it...but as of right now...prepare and get it out of your system now.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think that every year around this time some fans forget that free agency happens before the draft. There is a really good chance that the team will fill in several holes before we get to draft day.

For example, if we were to sign DeMarcus Ware, RG3, Travis Lewis, re-sign Rolando McClain, while losing Claiborne and cutting Carr, it changes things some. Still doesn't mean you draft for need but it changes the way you view players with similar grades. Now, assume this FO has Ramsey, Bosa, and Jack with very close grades (even if you don't agree with that assessment of Ramsey). Under those circumstances, Ramsey is the guy. Trading down isn't always an option.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I think that every year around this time some fans forget that free agency happens before the draft. There is a really good chance that the team will fill in several holes before we get to draft day.

For example, if we were to sign DeMarcus Ware, RG3, Travis Lewis, re-sign Rolando McClain, while losing Claiborne and cutting Carr, it changes things some. Still doesn't mean you draft for need but it changes the way you view players with similar grades. Now, assume this FO has Ramsey, Bosa, and Jack with very close grades (even if you don't agree with that assessment of Ramsey). Under those circumstances, Ramsey is the guy. Trading down isn't always an option.

Depressing free agency right there.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Chillax.

No one knows who is the top of whose board. Such information is considered top secret. Only a handful of people know it, and they aint sharing it.

This is just mere speculation or smokescreening.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
He doesnt fill a need though because Jones is our fs. If they think hes a top corner I'll forfeit the season already.

what if they think Jones is a CB and are drafting Ramsey to be the FS......only a couple of months and we will all know

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I have no doubt that we like Ramsey but that doesn't mean we take him, I still think it's Jack