Paxton Lynch Plays Today at 11 am

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That was the plan when Big Ben was drafted. Sit behind Maddox, Batch the veteran back up and Ben riding the bench. Week 2 Maddox got injured and they decided to play Ben who reeled of like 11 wins in a row.

Neither of the QBs ahead of Roethlisberger on the chart were very good, let alone franchise QBs like Romo. Unless Romo were to go down for the year again, I would not put either Lynch or Goff in if we drafted them. If Romo goes down for 4 games, a really good b/u has a better chance of going 2-2 instead of 1-3 or 0-4 which probably isn't the case for a rookie QB. It's all about balancing Romos window with the 5 year plan and I believe what Pittsburgh planned to do is the right course to maximize both areas and offer the best chance of success.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Ummmmm what?
Memphis would be a three win team without Lynch.

Read what I responded to, the comment said he needs to play against trash and needs talent around him.

This is a potential top 5 pick. If he can't elevate a college team to win big games, he's not doing in the NFL. End of story.

kevm3

Reaction score
He got held to a little over 100 yards by a .500 team. I just don't see the huge deal about the guy to even consider drafting him in the top 5. He seems like one of those guys with awesome measurables, so he is getting projected higher than normal due to his potential.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
You think SF will trade up to #1?

I think it's very possible. A lot depends on the final draft order of course, but if they finish with a top 6 pick as expected, I could see them packaging that pick with a 3rd or even a 2nd to move up ahead of us and others. Rumor is that Goff is their guy. Trent Baalke and Jed York (their GM and Owner) have reportedly been watching him closely this year and like what they see. The "hometown kid" narrative is there, etc. All speculation of course but wouldn't surprise me in the least.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Read what I responded to, the comment said he needs to play against trash and needs talent around him.

This is a potential top 5 pick. If he can't elevate a college team to win big games, he's not doing in the NFL. End of story.

He elevated a 3 win team to a 9 win team. The fact that they couldn't beat Auburn is a huge talent discrepancy. If you can't admit that you're blind.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I want a smart gym rat QB... All the talent in the world don't make a good QB.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you shouldnt make your mind about both these QBs based on the bowl game,watch some of their games if you have a chance.

Naruto

Reaction score
I heard he looked awful today, any truth to that?

He played an SEC defense it's what usually happens when non-P5 schools go against them

Give me the guy that requires the least amount of work I have zero confidence this coaching staff can coach up a young QB's mechanics

We need a kid that just needs time learning defenses not wasting time on footwork, throwing motion etc.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I heard he looked awful today, any truth to that?

I watched the first 2.5 quarters. I really thought he looked fine. I counted 5 dropped passes and a badly missed PI on Auburn that would have led to big yards and possibly TD's. His WR's have been terrible all year and his O-Line can't pass protect. They have a pretty solid defense, Lynch and 2 decent RB's and that's it.

The one 'bad' throw he made came on the INT where he threw it a little behind the WR. The WR never went after the ball though. I saw some major league throws like on one 3rd and 10 he zipped a ball from the far hashmark right on the money to the WR past the 1st down marker. Or on the defensive PI that wasn't called, nice little fade pass that was perfectly placed but the WR got interfered with (even the announcers said they couldn't believe that 2 refs were right there and didn't see it).

I think Goff is more polished if you need a guy to read the coverage, manipulate the safety and throw a seam route. But, Goff is far more talented and may have the talent to be more effective than Goff if needed to start right away because of his pure ability. I also like my QB's to have big hands because I still want them to be effective when it gets cold and rainy like it can when you're on the road in NY or Philly or in Maryland come November and December. Or when you're playing on the road in the playoffs. They were commenting on how large Lynch's hands were and it was cold and damp and he didn't seem to have any issues handling the football.

YR