Pay Dak vs Don't Pay Dak

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No the "don't pay Dak" crowd have been proved right. The entire team needs a rebuild. We are years away from challenging. Any front office would be brainless to pay Prescott 40 million when the team will not be challenging for the duration of that contract!
Geeze. This is embarrassing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lol you were caught dead wrong. The QB market inflates every single year, everybody knows this. It's not groundbreaking stuff buddy.

His CAP hits have been an average of $28M, the highest of any contract when he signed. Guess who we had the opportunity of signing for $28M after his 3rd season? I'll give you three guesses.

He went to the Super Bowl... after signing his contract. You literally can't be this stupid right?

Okay answer this. Jimmy G goes to the 9ers and amd signs the largest QB contract of all time. The 49ers go to the Super Bowl shortly after that. Why couldn't the Cowboys sign Dak to the largest QB contract and then go to the Super Bowl after? Excited to see your answer.

Let’s also mention that Dak is a significantly better QB than Jimmy G

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol you were caught dead wrong. The QB market inflates every single year, everybody knows this. It's not groundbreaking stuff buddy.

His CAP hits have been an average of $28M, the highest of any contract when he signed. Guess who we had the opportunity of signing for $28M after his 3rd season? I'll give you three guesses.

He went to the Super Bowl... after signing his contract. You literally can't be this stupid right?

Okay answer this. Jimmy G goes to the 9ers and amd signs the largest QB contract of all time. The 49ers go to the Super Bowl shortly after that. Why couldn't the Cowboys sign Dak to the largest QB contract and then go to the Super Bowl after? Excited to see your answer.

When you are ready to have a respectable debate and conversation without the BS name calling and insults I am sure we would see one another's viewpoint much clearer but you distort that possibility with your approach.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
When you are ready to have a respectable debate and conversation without the BS name calling and insults I am sure we would see one another's viewpoint much clearer but you distort that possibility with your approach.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are a dumpster fire....you gotta cut this thing to the bone like Jimmy did. You gotta find a new coach....start over. Clean this stench out. I mean everybody....I love Kellen...but man....sometimes you gotta turn the page. :(
You aren't far off the answer. There is no good solution for the immediate future. Too many fat contracts from underperforming players and a QB who may or may not make it back to a decent baseline.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Let’s also mention that Dak is a significantly better QB than Jimmy G

I would have, but there's really no reason to. Let's see what he comes up with.

I really don’t see why you guys continue to argue with those guys. I mean if they can’t see how badly Dak is needed by this team, especially NOW, not only physically, but mentally and morally, then they can’t be helped/change their minds. Just let them believe what they wanna believe and leave it at that.

leeblair

Reaction score
That debate has been settled very easily, and it didn't take long at all.

If you were on the "Don't pay Dak" side you now look incredibly foolish, and if you were on the other side you have another year of contract negotiations to not look forward to.

This sucks.

If you ever thought Zeke was the "engine behind this offense" well LMAOOOO
Dak should be tagged with the non-exclusive tag as soon as possible and this team completely rebuilt.
There's too many issues that these losers seem to think is more important than football.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Is it possible? Sure. I think any and all Dallas fans at the end of the day simply want a winning team. However, my reservations regarding Dak simply are based on past record, existing team position weaknesses, and now his injury.

Despite what some may claim or think, many of us that are reluctant about Dak hold no ill will against him. The frustrations about this organization and the JJ decisions impact all Dallas fans but what good is it to come on a page like this and hurl mud at one another for no reason? The ability to have a discussion only helps all of us see other's perspectives so how about the name calling and insults cease?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak should be tagged with the non-exclusive tag as soon as possible and this team completely rebuilt.
There's too many issues that these losers seem to think is more important than football.

You thought Dalton would be better than Dak. I think it's fair to say none of us want your opinion on how to move forward regarding the QB position.

Harsh, but true.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IN FACT..................the argument clearly suggest that if you DONT have a great QB, you are pretty much screwed. All the best teams have high paid QB's currently or soon to be.
I totally agree. Must have a top QB or with rare exception a Generational defense. But can you also pay a top WR and RB over investing on offense and build a good enough defense?

Our ownership is definitely a handicap in their philosophy and ability to draft well and or prioritizing weaknesses on defense.

It’s like Jethro still believes it was the Triplets who won those championships instead of the balance with great defenses.

The Cap this era simply doesn’t allow to over invest in one side of the ball. Once teams begin paying their QB’s sacrifices must be made in his supporting cast. And solid drafts must be able to replenish talent due to Cap losses to FA.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You aren't far off the answer. There is no good solution for the immediate future. Too many fat contracts from underperforming players and a QB who may or may not make it back to a decent baseline.

Good news is...there are fat contracts that can be trimmed that will open up some money.... Guys like ....

Lee
Crawford
Poe
Jaylon
T. Smith
Collins
Dak
Zeke

I think that's where I would start....And where we are sitting for the draft....I'm thinking fix the O-line w/ a guy like Cosmi....go young.

LT-Cosmi
LG-Knight
C-Biadasz
RG-Mcgovern
RT-Martin

leeblair

Reaction score
You thought Dalton would be better than Dak. I think it's fair to say none of us want your opinion on how to move forward regarding the QB position.

Harsh, but true.
I doubt Dak's ability versus Dalton's is the main motivation for your argument.
You're a Dak fan, not a Cowboys fan.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Is it possible? Sure. I think any and all Dallas fans at the end of the day simply want a winning team. However, my reservations regarding Dak simply are based on past record, existing team position weaknesses, and now his injury.

Despite what some may claim or think, many of us that are reluctant about Dak hold no ill will against him. The frustrations about this organization and the JJ decisions impact all Dallas fans but what good is it to come on a page like this and hurl mud at one another for no reason? The ability to have a discussion only helps all of us see other's perspectives so how about the name calling and insults cease?

That's all we wanted.

It comes out that really has nothing to do with Dak, but what you think about Jerry Jones. So it makes wanting to have him heading a rebuild even more... confusing. There are holes on this team, which can be fixed by good GMing which is shown by a multitude of teams.

By the way, you shouldn't ever use "past record" against Dak, he has the 3rd most wins since entering the league only behind Brady and Wilson.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Name calling and personal insults are against the rules.

They are simply attempting to discredit the messenger to deflate the message. If it persists I’d suggest reporting. The Mods here will act swiftly.

plymkr

Reaction score
I appreciate the logical approach you have taken. My only concern is that Dallas has a rather poor history of drafting defensive players so that would make me nervous. Besides, with a proven commodity in Zeke and what should be an improved OL provided Smith and Collins come back healthy I personally would rather go with the proven veteran defense and a sound rushing attack with the threats of a passing attack (especially with the Dallas WR resources).

Obviously Dak has shown the ability to sling the rock but you have to be just a little concerned about the injury recovery as it relates to committing big money.

Regardless, it is a sound debate and thanks for the approach.
Thank you, I also too have reservations and concerns about the drafting part. I go back and forth if we pay big money for a QB and try and draft rookies. Then we have to hit on every pick or at least have a good ratio of good picks to busts. If we draft a QB and he's a bust then we're really in trouble. A rookie QB could get us to 8-8 with solid RB, WR, and defensive support. But so could Dak. So it comes down to is it better to invest in defense or offense? Each investment runs a risk as far as injuries, reps, etc.

So this whole discussion/debate comes down to can the FO, coaches and scouts adequately evaluate the talent on this team, the talent they draft and the talent they sign in FA?

Oh and BTW I equally appreciate your civil and friendly approach to discussing this matter. Go Cowboys!!!