Pay Dak vs Don't Pay Dak

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wilson- $35M annually
Mahomes- $52M
Ben-$34M
Rodgers- $33.5M
Jackson- rookie contract

Lmao you just proved our point that you can build a roster even with a large contract QB :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

IN FACT..................the argument clearly suggest that if you DONT have a great QB, you are pretty much screwed. All the best teams have high paid QB's currently or soon to be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The point is: Dak adds a lot of value to the team. But how are we going to get better if with the current team we can go 8-8 and then worse than 8-8 with him? If you overpay, then how are you going to plug the other holes in the team. I would offer Dak the same contract we offered him last time. But it could be tough if he wants more and I know team can't improve because I am overpaying.

Who said anything about overpaying? Going rate.

Team cant improve? Do you just make this stuff up? Who cares about making sense, just say whatever you want? LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak doenst have to carry anything. Its impossible for him to carry a defense. He just has to do his job.

Its Jerry's job to draft well and fix the defense.

Mahomes isnt enough to carry this defense to anything so that point is moot.
I agree but if our ownership feels he needs to over invest offensively in order to prop up or support Dak then it becomes a problem because you can’t build the defense accordingly .

I think it’s obvious how important Dak is to this offense and team but do we need to also pay a top 5 RB and WR which limits our ability for a better defense.

I’m not saying Dak needs that level of supporting cast but our ownership is.

Brax

Reaction score
Okay, so Dak was putting up passing statistics for what was a 1-3 team when he got hurt all while the other guys were leading their teams to the following record to date:

Rodgers 5-1

Wilson 5-0

Mahomes 6-1

Jackson 5-1

Brees 4-2

Roethlisberger 6-0
Guy it’s not worth it he has the mind of a small child and insults are all he knows he can’t help it because of his condition.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
IN FACT..................the argument clearly suggest that if you DONT have a great QB, you are pretty much screwed. All the best teams have high paid QB's currently or soon to be.

Garoppolo is not considered to be a great QB yet SF was in the Super Bowl last year. Tannehill is not considered to be a great QB yet TENN was in the AFC Championship last year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have resorted to calling people trolls yet they have lost the argument? Good luck with that.

I call it like I see it. Just like I have with Dak, Garrett, Zeke, Romo, Taco, Hill, ect.....ect....

Some people are just better at this football thing than others.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Garoppolo is not considered to be a great QB yet SF was in the Super Bowl last year. Tannehill is not considered to be a great QB yet TENN was in the AFC Championship last year.

And Garrapollo was signed to largest contract in NFL history.... and IT DIDN'T PREVENT THEM FROM GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

YOU KEEP LOSING EVEN MORE AND MORE GROUND AND YOURE DOING IT TO YOURSELF

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I call it like I see it. Just like I have with Dak, Garrett, Zeke, Romo, Taco, Hill, ect.....ect....

Some people are just better at this football thing than others.

Agree as some are better at being an adult than others but we all do our own thing.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Who said anything about overpaying? Going rate.

Team cant improve? Do you just make this stuff up? Who cares about making sense, just say whatever you want? LOL

over pay, going rate ;) I supposed it can be something subjective. But if you pay Dak the going rate, and he can only do 8-8 or worse with this current team, and paying Dak the going rate means you can't improve the team in other areas, then well it quite simple, the values you plug into the equation just don't produce the results you need.

Swagger

Reaction score
That debate has been settled very easily, and it didn't take long at all.

If you were on the "Don't pay Dak" side you now look incredibly foolish, and if you were on the other side you have another year of contract negotiations to not look forward to.

This sucks.

If you ever thought Zeke was the "engine behind this offense" well LMAOOOO

No the "don't pay Dak" crowd have been proved right. The entire team needs a rebuild. We are years away from challenging. Any front office would be brainless to pay Prescott 40 million when the team will not be challenging for the duration of that contract!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
And Garrapollo was signed to largest contract in NFL history.... and IT DIDN'T PREVENT THEM FROM GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

YOU KEEP LOSING EVEN MORE AND MORE GROUND AND YOURE DOING IT TO YOURSELF

LOL You keep thinking that. Jimmy G. was signed to that bad contract in 2018 and the QB market has inflated since then. His cap hits have been around mid-$20M and in his 3rd season with SF the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Dak has been the starting QB since 2016....where's the Super Bowl?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I asked you a simple question. What have HAVE you been right about with Dak if anything?

Just like I thought, you got nothing.

Actually I do not do the right or wrong thing but try to focus on statistics and facts but again no worries.

plymkr

Reaction score
You guys are just attacking each other at this point. This is a fruitless conversation. Try this out. Take out personal feelings and agendas and think about it this way. The real debate is do you want to pay big money to a QB and try to accumulate draft picks for the defense so most of the defense would be on rookie contracts or do you get a rookie QB and pay the money on proven defensive players. So in other words one player (QB) on a rookie contract with expensive defensive players or an expensive QB with cheap contracts on the defensive side of the ball.

When I break it down like that and take my emotions out of it. I think you go with the known product of Dak and gamble with the unknown product in rookie defensive players. I also think the QB can influence a game more than defensive players, so if you're going to gamble, gamble on the defense.

That's about as unemotional, non agenda summation of the situation I can come up with. I feel it's wiser to put the money towards a known playmaker and have a ton of draft picks and rookie contracts on the defense.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
LOL You keep thinking that. Jimmy G. was signed to that bad contract in 2018 and the QB market has inflated since then. His cap hits have been around mid-$20M and in his 3rd season with SF the 49ers went to the Super Bowl. Dak has been the starting QB since 2016....where's the Super Bowl?

Lol you were caught dead wrong. The QB market inflates every single year, everybody knows this. It's not groundbreaking stuff buddy.

His CAP hits have been an average of $28M, the highest of any contract when he signed. Guess who we had the opportunity of signing for $28M after his 3rd season? I'll give you three guesses.

He went to the Super Bowl... after signing his contract. You literally can't be this stupid right?

Okay answer this. Jimmy G goes to the 9ers and amd signs the largest QB contract of all time. The 49ers go to the Super Bowl shortly after that. Why couldn't the Cowboys sign Dak to the largest QB contract and then go to the Super Bowl after? Excited to see your answer.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You guys are just attacking each other at this point. This is a fruitless conversation. Try this out. Take out personal feelings and agendas and think about it this way. The real debate is do you want to pay big money to a QB and try to accumulate draft picks for the defense so most of the defense would be on rookie contracts or do you get a rookie QB and pay the money on proven defensive players. So in other words one player (QB) on a rookie contract with expensive defensive players or an expensive QB with cheap contracts on the defensive side of the ball.

When I break it down like that and take my emotions out of it. I think you go with the known product of Dak and gamble with the unknown product in rookie defensive players. I also think the QB can influence a game more than defensive players, so if you're going to gamble, gamble on the defense.

That's about as unemotional, non agenda summation of the situation I can come up with. I feel it's wiser to put the money towards a known playmaker and have a ton of draft picks and rookie contracts on the defense.

I appreciate the logical approach you have taken. My only concern is that Dallas has a rather poor history of drafting defensive players so that would make me nervous. Besides, with a proven commodity in Zeke and what should be an improved OL provided Smith and Collins come back healthy I personally would rather go with the proven veteran defense and a sound rushing attack with the threats of a passing attack (especially with the Dallas WR resources).

Obviously Dak has shown the ability to sling the rock but you have to be just a little concerned about the injury recovery as it relates to committing big money.

Regardless, it is a sound debate and thanks for the approach.