Paying Dak is a dead end

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it time to move on from Dak?
giphy.gif

starfan1

Reaction score
Not fixing the defense is a dead end! He’s only a fraction of the problem him and his contact

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
No Dak..............OMG who's gonna beat those dog teams now?
Dak come back..........we miss the Dak dance and who's gonna scream..............HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... :muttley:

Daillest88

Reaction score

JMO
Fix the offense line, fix the running game. Need a legit offense line coach.

Time to move on from Gallup and Tyron

This was year 1 in McCarthys offense, with improved offense line play , a running game and Ferguson going into his 3 rd season.. offense can be even better. Extend dak(it’s gonna happen) sign Henry? Draft offense line. Definitely need linebakers

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Not if the Cowboys do the extension right. Cutting him this offseason would dump $25 million of dead money into the 2025 cap.

Extending Dak even on a four year deal allows Dallas to spread his salary for this year out through 2027. BUT they should find a way to make the last two years voidable or put playoff incentives in there.

This way they can allow themselves to move on from Dak, either by cut or trade, if the situation here remains stagnant.

starfan1

Reaction score
And you can't fix the D and pay him. Which makes him a much bigger fraction of the problem.
You can’t fix the defense and not pay him you have to reduce his hit

I don’t care if they extend him and sit his *** on the bench the defense is the biggest deterrent to success

Well after that idiot in press box

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Dump Dak ( and his contract) how? If we cut him, we have a $60 million cap hit. If he plays out his final year of contract, it's a $60 million cap hit. We might as well not extend Dak, let him play out that final year and then either offer him new contract, or in all probability let him walk after he chokes next year.

Aven8

Reaction score
GB drafted Love 3 years ago in the first round. I take it they didn’t realize Rogers would lead them to two #1 seeds and back to back MVP’s. Remember it pissed off Rogers as he wanted weapons.

In NO WAY shape or form will Jerry get rid of his runner up MVP, unless they think Lance is ready.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

JMO
Now this a post from a Dak hater that I can support. :thumbup:

Praxit

Reaction score
...they should put in special clause in his contract.

Depending how far he gets in post season, that money is guaranteed or not.