Paying Dak is a dead end

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s going to be a toxic toxic year.

Belichick was the guy they needed if they wanted to run it back with the current players.

If you somehow move on from Dak it’s going to give this team a fresh start that it desperately needs right now.
Yep. Mike is an excellent coach. I have no doubt if he were in Cincinnati with a healthy Burrow they would be 12-5 every year as well.

But Cincy doesn’t have a toxic/front runner organization that corrupts everyone that enters it. Bill was the ONLY one that could have changed that. Jerry wasn’t going to sign off on that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The only problem with it is we don’t have that bridge guy. We don’t have a Love because we never draft QB’s. Maybe we could survive with Lance? Doubtful as all this kid has done is gotten hurt in his career. If your plan is to draft a QB this is the year. You won’t be able to get a Caleb or Maye but you could get Penix. But after watching the NC game he folded like a cheap suit when he got punched in the mouth.

They are not about to pay Lamb and Micah and have some scrub QB.
Dak is probably the best QB in the NFC.

The scrubs are still playing.

Maybe providing a better team with a lesser QB is the way to go at this point.

Lance is mobile, he has a big arm, and I think he has a lot of ability but the guy has got to play some football.

Id love to go into next season with a fresh start then seeing the same ole Cowboys do what they do.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak is probably the best QB in the NFC.

The scrubs are still playing.

Maybe providing a better team with a lesser QB is the way to go at this point.
It’s working for SF no doubt. Not sure if Purdy was with Carolina he would look the same. Tampa got lucky, and Goff is still Goff.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It’s working for SF no doubt. Not sure if Purdy was with Carolina he would look the same. Tampa got lucky, and Goff is still Goff.
Purdy is a system QB. Nothing more.

Purdy, Goff, Baker, and Love all still playing football.

I don’t get why everyone is so scared to put the focus back on the overall team instead of asking Dak to go win us a championship with his talent.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Purdy throwing left handed is still better than dak. one reads while the other is trying to figure out how to read brail.

dak
emD.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
Purdy is a system QB. Nothing more.

Purdy, Goff, Baker, and Love all still playing football.

I don’t get why everyone is so scared to put the focus back on the overall team instead of asking Dak to go win us a championship with his talent.
I’m not scared. But you have to think like Jerry and Stephen. They don’t think like us. They see his marketing dollars, and his Walter Payton man of the year awards. Commercials etc. the face of the Franchise.

If they could get Caleb Williams that would all change.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teams who pay top dollar to non-elite players at any position almost always regret it. If xyz player was the missing piece then fine but this front office has loaded their team with good players making elite money and it is not sustainable. The money has got to match the production vs good teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s something wrong with the culture with the Cowboys and it all starts with Jerry and jughead jr. The franchise has been stuck in the same playoff rut with every head coach and QB the past 20+ years. Moving on from a QB that’s helped lead the team to three straight 12-5 seasons with two division titles is just going to make their situation much worse unless you have a better option at the position. You can’t just play a game of ini mini miny moe at QB and hope for the best. I’ll keep saying it there won’t be any hope of playoff success without a viable QB. Everything around our QBs the past couple of decades has broke down and has affected their play.

Our defenses have been terrible in playoffs and we haven’t had a consistent running which has put the games on our QBs. When the Cowboys play well as a team so has their QBs. It takes some real stupid fans to think moving on from your best players is going to improve the situation. The Cowboys would never make the playoffs with some of the dimwit ideas the fans have. The team would be stuck going 5-12 every season instead of 12-5 if you had some of the knuckleheads from this fan base running the team.

Trajan

Reaction score
It’s going to be a toxic toxic year.

Belichick was the guy they needed if they wanted to run it back with the current players.

If you somehow move on from Dak it’s going to give this team a fresh start that it desperately needs right now.
Oh, it will be really bad I think. Mike and Dak will be back, the team will have less cash and more holes to fill. I would expect a worse record and the same playoff collapse with more money locked into a handful of guys so zero chance to improve for years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ya given Jerry’s and company’s history I don’t expect t much but one can hope. He’s tried but keeps missing and I fear he missed again with smith

You’d think linebacker would be a easier find but he only hit on 1 and he’s turned him into an underweight DLman

And he like the QB does a disappearing act in post season
I'm all about taking DT's high in the draft, and wasn't crazy about the Mazi pick. Frankly, I don't get what they saw that said 1st round talent. Looked like a 4th rounder to me. When I tried to evaluate him, I kept thinking Andrew Billings.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

So my question to all of you…

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

Some of you are so terrified to move on from Dak.

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
i think it depends catch, if lamar jackson loses today he is 1-4 in the playoffs or next week will be 2-4... he just got paid and is MVP and has the best team around him

they need to let trey be active next season and give him a real chance to breathe down dak's neck...i think an extension is something that is mandatory with the cap and eating it while we could do it would be setting up dallas for a disastourous offseason. A 2 year extension would give the next coaching staff the option to move on from Dak or move forward.

JMO this is MY issue... Trey is being paid 5M this season for what? Dak is also getting a big money extension so almost 40M will be spread on QB for what reason? Baker got the Bucs to the playoffs for 4M.

Plankton

Reaction score
This is the year that the Cowboys need to blow it up. Cap situation isn't great, they are short of draft capital and they are deficient in a number of areas, specifically at the LOS and at LB. Extending Prescott will limit their ability to properly address those areas, and he isn't good enough to overcome it without a lot of help. I think Prescott is a good football player, but he's not 50+M AAV good. Trade him, cut him but no matter what, don't extend him.

kskboys

Reaction score
i think it depends catch, if lamar jackson loses today he is 1-4 in the playoffs or next week will be 2-4... he just got paid and is MVP and has the best team around him

they need to let trey be active next season and give him a real chance to breathe down dak's neck...i think an extension is something that is mandatory with the cap and eating it while we could do it would be setting up dallas for a disastourous offseason. A 2 year extension would give the next coaching staff the option to move on from Dak or move forward.

JMO this is MY issue... Trey is being paid 5M this season for what? Dak is also getting a big money extension so almost 40M will be spread on QB for what reason? Baker got the Bucs to the playoffs for 4M.
Lamaar shouldn't have been paid that much either.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Ya given Jerry’s and company’s history I don’t expect t much but one can hope. He’s tried but keeps missing and I fear he missed again with smith

You’d think linebacker would be a easier find but he only hit on 1 and he’s turned him into an underweight DLman

And he like the QB does a disappearing act in post season
This is all INTENTIONAL, they're (FO) about lip service only to appease the gullible (fans that support financially & sports betting). Manipulation of Mazi's weight and keeping lve as the starting MLB = GOTCHA. Keeping Mazi at + 320 lbs & adding the best available MLB via draft or FA = Do everything within your power to dominate. It's all a ruse folks and no amount of subterfuge can alter over 20 years of hard evidence.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I admit that Dak had a fantastic year and he turned into a QB that I didn’t think he was capable of.

I felt like McCarthy did a unbelievable job with turning Dak into more than just a empty calorie stat padding QB and he was actually a legit top 5-7 QB this year.

With that said… We can’t get the team right and pay him, Lamb, and Parsons max deals.

Is it time to move on from Dak? Have you seen enough of this current group to know that we can’t build a team around this QB that’s championship caliber?

We just watched Aaron Rodgers leave GB and they still had a QB who is nowhere close to AR’s caliber walk into Dallas and destroy us.

To me there is nothing to look forward to next year until we reach the playoffs.

If you’re the Cowboys you have to seriously consider dumping some of these contracts like Dak, Gallup, and maybe even Tyron Smith and using that money to build a better roster with Trey Lance as your QB or a big move up in the draft for someone like Williams or Maye.

You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Dak’s had his time and giving him an extension like he just won the Super Bowl is 2 steps in the wrong direction.

The Cowboys have to be more bold and try something different. They can’t just run it back.

JMO
Build a team around Dak? What team have we built around Dak. The ability to run and stop the run is a staple for winning a SB.

Toro9

Reaction score
I'd trade Parsons and draft a QB high and let him sit for a year.

Bagman

Reaction score

JMO
I agree 110% with everything you said. A huge majority of the posters on here agree with you also. Unfortunately, the old drunk billionaire and his son who own the franchise don't want to do all of that work. Cutting players, trading players,stockpiling draft picks, drafting new players and signing key FAs is a lot of work for billionaires who are already comfortable. Neither of them will EVER be able to grind 18 hrs a day to do what's necessary to build a winner. They're too lazy. And too dumb. A bad combination.