Paying Zeke $3m/yr; could've had Zack Moss $4m/yr

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Zeke would return to his rookie weight he would put up record numbers. His production slowed tremendously when he put on twenty pounds, thinking it would make him better.
Feeding Zeke has taken a toll.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Yea but Zeke is going to bring in more money with his familiarity with fans, merchandise sales, etc. It was a business move for Jerry. He knows the fans are on his *** and bringing in Zeke will cause some of them to ease up just a little.

zeke21

Reaction score
I'm a massive Zeke fan.. but was 'happy' when we made the decision last year to let him go.. clearly well past his prime. A prime that should have won a SB but was wasted by sticking with Dak.

On merit.. a 1 year, 3M deal for a handy short yardage RB isn't actually the worst decision in the world.. its not a move I would have made personally but it isn't the worst thing we have done this offseason.. an offseason that will go down in history as one of our worst.

There were better options out there.. but on we splutter.

Jayinem

Reaction score
No nostalgia with Zack Moss though. With Zeke we have memories.

dupree89

Reaction score
Yea but Zeke is going to bring in more money with his familiarity with fans, merchandise sales, etc. It was a business move for Jerry. He knows the fans are on his *** and bringing in Zeke will cause some of them to ease up just a little.
Jerry says he watched a lot of Zeke play toward the end of last year. Jerry says there isnt a doubt in his mind that Zeke is a RB1 in 2024. Lets trust Jerry. He has an all-in plan that is second to none.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Because we have watched this movie for the last 20 years and our leadership has brought us 4 playoff wins in 20 years only 3 teams worse in the entire NFL.

So we have learned when we something stupid we have more chances of being right then they do.
Yeah it's easier to say hey they're not gonna make it to the NFC championship game or the Super bowl yeah you don't have to be nostradamus to say that but everything else in between there is ridiculous and no you don't have more of a chance to be right than they do and it's not just the Jones family there's a whole bunch of people that work there 25 years ago they weren't there 30 years ago they weren't even there 20 years ago some of this scouting department and our actual GM have only been around for about 10 years and it's been a lot better than it used to be and that's all I'm saying but hey you say because we watched how about you not watch anymore if you know this is what's coming and you don't like any of it and it bothers you this much so deeply that you're all up in your feelings you can move on we don't need you in our fan base we will live without you..

So if you watch the same movie for 20 years how about you change the channel or walk on out and walk into another movie theater again we don't need you it gets old it's all you do is complain 24/7 the Jones family are not giving up this franchise anytime soon so let's just keep it within reality and say at least for the next decade one of the Joneses will own this franchise so you knowing this then you have a choice you should probably move on because nothing's going to change but I know one thing they know a whole lot more how to run a $10 billion NFL franchise than you you can use hindsight you can guess you can watch other teams do what they do but your fantasy football playing Madden controller holding self you're not qualified.. they literally have been a top six t.... getting in the playoffs consistently , we all are upset that they haven't been to an NFCCG or a super bowl in a really long time but I promise you most teams dont even get that close.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It’s a throwaway year with coaches and new signees on one year deals.
Zeke fits into this while at the same time giving some cover for Jerry since many fans will love having Zeke back even if he’s washed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Getting Zeke back is good for Dak and thus good for the team. I think they are both gone next year so getting Zeke on a one-year deal is about being all in for 2024. Super Bowl or bust! Enjoy the season fellas. 2025 is a rebuilding year.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He doesn't have enough gas to mow my lawn.
20ayty.jpg

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Zeke would return to his rookie weight he would put up record numbers. His production slowed tremendously when he put on twenty pounds, thinking it would make him better.
That's poor management on the part of the Cowboys.
I doubt zeke did that on his own. Cowboys told him to. So yes....bad management as usual for cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jerry isnt tanking, to tank a season properly you cant win more than 3 games.
They will win more than 3. probably at least 7 which isnt a good tank.
He cant even tank properly. Pretty bad when yiu can neither winnor lose right. :laugh:

Definition of mediocre?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The numbers for his contract have been posted and show that he's a $2 million cap hit this year. He has some incentives that would push his earnings to $3 million.
SMH. Cherry on top for this abysmal offseason
The numbers for his contract have been posted and show that he's a $2 million cap hit this year. He has some incentives that would push his earnings to $3 million.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Yeah it's easier to say hey they're not gonna make it to the NFC championship game or the Super bowl yeah you don't have to be nostradamus to say that but everything else in between there is ridiculous and no you don't have more of a chance to be right than they do and it's not just the Jones family there's a whole bunch of people that work there 25 years ago they weren't there 30 years ago they weren't even there 20 years ago some of this scouting department and our actual GM have only been around for about 10 years and it's been a lot better than it used to be and that's all I'm saying but hey you say because we watched how about you not watch anymore if you know this is what's coming and you don't like any of it and it bothers you this much so deeply that you're all up in your feelings you can move on we don't need you in our fan base we will live without you..

So if you watch the same movie for 20 years how about you change the channel or walk on out and walk into another movie theater again we don't need you it gets old it's all you do is complain 24/7 the Jones family are not giving up this franchise anytime soon so let's just keep it within reality and say at least for the next decade one of the Joneses will own this franchise so you knowing this then you have a choice you should probably move on because nothing's going to change but I know one thing they know a whole lot more how to run a $10 billion NFL franchise than you you can use hindsight you can guess you can watch other teams do what they do but your fantasy football playing Madden controller holding self you're not qualified.. they literally have been a top six t.... getting in the playoffs consistently , we all are upset that they haven't been to an NFCCG or a super bowl in a really long time but I promise you most teams dont even get that close.
I find it rich that you have the presumption to tell me as a fan I do not have the right to call out the dysfunction and lack of success this ownership team has had over the last 20 years. Because if you do not agree with the way they run the team and hence the results then you should go away, not watch and change the channel as you say.

I have news for you, you are not the judge of who gets to be a fan. So my responses:

Yeah it's easier to say hey they're not gonna make it to the NFC championship game or the Super bowl yeah you don't have to be nostradamus to say that but everything else in between there is ridiculous
The last 20 years has showed us that there are only 3 teams in the NFL with less playoff wins then the Cowboys, hence if you look at 2 decades of history of this ownership group you don't need to be Nostradamus to predict the results are likely to be the same. Actually you would need to be Nostradamus to predict a different result when doing the same things. My hope as a fan is they finally figure out they need to bring in a real competent GM and let him do his job and actually use all aspects of the off season not just they draft.

To your original post that I responded too that got you to question my Fandom:

stop judging every move until there's any reason to call it a bad move
They have not earned the benefit of the doubt with the exception of the draft (more often then not) to blindly agree with everything the do, especially when it looks like a dumb move (more often then not).

They will get it figured out
When? and how? Maybe a real GM?

why don't we see how this plays out before we deem it all bad
Have they really earned our trust?

Bottom line as a Fan I will root for them every Sunday as I have for the last 35 years, but not be shy calling them out when I see them make the same mistakes made over and over. They package it up in a different wrapper and try and sell us it will be different.

The only long term hope is they get over there egos and bring in a real GM and/or let Will run football operations and make football decisions.

As a fan I can dream!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I find it rich that you have the presumption to tell me as a fan I do not have the right to call out the dysfunction and lack of success this ownership team has had over the last 20 years. Because if you do not agree with the way they run the team and hence the results then you should go away, not watch and change the channel as you say.

I have news for you, you are not the judge of who gets to be a fan. So my responses:

The last 20 years has showed us that there are only 3 teams in the NFL with less playoff wins then the Cowboys, hence if you look at 2 decades of history of this ownership group you don't need to be Nostradamus to predict the results are likely to be the same. Actually you would need to be Nostradamus to predict a different result when doing the same things. My hope as a fan is they finally figure out they need to bring in a real competent GM and let him do his job and actually use all aspects of the off season not just they draft.

To your original post that I responded too that got you to question my Fandom:

They have not earned the benefit of the doubt with the exception of the draft (more often then not) to blindly agree with everything the do, especially when it looks like a dumb move (more often then not).

When? and how? Maybe a real GM?

Have they really earned our trust?

Bottom line as a Fan I will root for them every Sunday as I have for the last 35 years, but not be shy calling them out when I see them make the same mistakes made over and over. They package it up in a different wrapper and try and sell us it will be different.

The only long term hope is they get over there egos and bring in a real GM and/or let Will run football operations and make football decisions.

As a fan I can dream!
No get over yourself,

I'm not reading all that, I don't need to,

yes, I have the right because you call it dysfunction but yet the proof on the field is the fact that we're a top six team in the league regardless of the playoff failures and go to the playoffs three straight....shed our 3rd 5 and 12 season in a row.. SO yes i presume to that you guys severely overreact and will call it out , you come hard at my team i push hard back.

and I I'm not saying I am for or against Jerry Jones because I don't care I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan I root for the players, I hope for success in every year's new for me, I don't dwell on the past, and yes I can call your opinion out and I can tell you that you're ridiculously overreacting because i'm entitled to my opinion... that's the irony here you guys want to build your little gang of pitchfork and torch fans all hating and trying to build this hate fan group and i want no part of it..

and let's have a dose of reality here whining , crying and throwing temper tantrums is not going to change a damn thing... its just therapy with the constant venting and i will react in kind!!

so why don't you take your fake protests , because it won't work it's going to fall on deaf ears over at the star, they are not listening, best protest is LEAVE go root for another team. than no worries..jump on that flavor of the month bandwagon on the best team that year.. yup let's talk reality that is the only way to exact change and show a real protest is dont be a fan of the Dallas cowboys anymore.

Problem solved...

boysfanindc

Reaction score
No get over yourself,

I'm not reading all that, I don't need to,

yes, I have the right because you call it dysfunction but yet the proof on the field is the fact that we're a top six team in the league regardless of the playoff failures and go to the playoffs three straight....shed our 3rd 5 and 12 season in a row.. SO yes i presume to that you guys severely overreact and will call it out , you come hard at my team i push hard back.

and I I'm not saying I am for or against Jerry Jones because I don't care I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan I root for the players, I hope for success in every year's new for me, I don't dwell on the past, and yes I can call your opinion out and I can tell you that you're ridiculously overreacting because i'm entitled to my opinion... that's the irony here you guys want to build your little gang of pitchfork and torch fans all hating and trying to build this hate fan group and i want no part of it..

and let's have a dose of reality here whining , crying and throwing temper tantrums is not going to change a damn thing... its just therapy with the constant venting and i will react in kind!!

so why don't you take your fake protests , because it won't work it's going to fall on deaf ears over at the star, they are not listening, best protest is LEAVE go root for another team. than no worries..jump on that flavor of the month bandwagon on the best team that year.. yup let's talk reality that is the only way to exact change and show a real protest is dont be a fan of the Dallas cowboys anymore.

Problem solved...
I stopped reading when you wrote I am not reading what you wrote but here is my response. Tells me all I need to know.

Enjoy!

raven55

Reaction score
don't buy anything this year and set ar home and watch this dog and pony show