Paying Zeke $3m/yr; could've had Zack Moss $4m/yr

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I wish people used their brains before creating threads.

A few notes here to hopefully help:
1. Zack Moss signed BEFORE the COMP formula was lifted meaning you likely would have lost an R5 pick for signing him.
2. 4M and 2M are very different numbers on the cap for many reasons. And Zeke signed for 2M plus incentives.
3. Zack got essentially 4.5M GTD for that 1st year but he got 8M and 2 years.
4. Depending upon the actual terms there is a very real chance Dallas is getting hit with only the vet min cost on the cap this year which coudl mea he costs them as little as 500K in actual cap space due to the rule of 51.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Missing the point....zeke gets us better draft position in 2025.

Jerry's all in on shedding salary cap burdens and rebuilding the roster
Signings to IMPROVE draft position..... That's the absurdity of what it takes to defend Jerry Jones now.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
I’ll ask Cowboys fans this because I was in 2nd grade then and couldn’t even walk during the '90s run. When Emmitt Smith finished his career in Arizona, didn’t you wish he had just one more year in Dallas? I’ll hang up and listen.

Yep Im Hearing It Now Zeke Is No E Smith' And That My Friend Is Not The Point.

Going To Eat Some Turkey Legs On Thanksgiving Day

HanD

Reaction score
I’ll ask Cowboys fans this because I was in 2nd grade then and couldn’t even walk during the '90s run. When Emmitt Smith finished his career in Arizona, didn’t you wish he had just one more year in Dallas? I’ll hang up and listen.

one more year in dallas? no. i wish he had retired and never went to arz. he was done and padding his stats. hambrick was a turd and those arguing off of part time carries were silly but emmitt was done.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I am glad Zeke is back ..... But we still do not have a starting RB for the second year in a row

Quickdraw

Reaction score

Actually no, I don't wish Emmitt would have returned for 1 more season after Arizona. Emmitt shouldn't have left Dallas in the first place, but the problem was, the team had no use for Emmitt any longer, yet he still wanted to play. He should have retired instead of going to Arizona. He's even said, even though he said he enjoyed his time at Arizona.

Gambit

Reaction score
Exactly how do you know that to be true? He might not have ever considered coming to Dallas.

Not to mention Moss got a 2 year deal for $8M. Cowboys weren't going to match that.
I wish fans would read the room
4 mil was more than Dallas would pay for a RB especially this year.

Hoping for anything else is a waste and setting yourself up for disappointment.

At 2 mil plus incentives in a 1 year deal this not a bad signing at all.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ok. I get your argument. But it is not necessary to call the man a clown.
I don't believe I did.
Are you confusing me with another poster?
I have nothing personal against Jerry,
I just think he has done a poor job as GM based on the last 28 years of results.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Signings to IMPROVE draft position..... That's the absurdity of what it takes to defend Jerry Jones now.
The Fanboys are in for a rude awakening when they find out this is not a rebuild this is Jerry thinking he's putting a team of Jersey sales together

Staubacher

Reaction score

It actually is the point Emmett won Super Bowls and produced when it mattered. I guess everyone forgot the 49ers playoff game when Pollard got hurt. What exactly did Zeke do after that to help lead the team? Absolutely nothing we all knew the offense was cooked when Pollard went out because Dak and Zeke are incapable of stepping up. Enjoy your jerseys guys wear them with pride

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Coulda had Derrick Henry for 8 mil. Woulds been the perfect fit. The guy who woulda helped dam the most…. So we give 4 mil to Zeke? Really starting to believe the ppl that were tanking this year

MikeT22

Reaction score
I have a feeling the issue with Moss had more to do with him getting a multi year deal with the Bengals rather than the 2024 number. The Cowboys dont seem to be buying anything past this year right now.
Exactly. It’s a throwaway season and no one new added is in the plans for the future, other than draftees.