Paying Zeke $3m/yr; could've had Zack Moss $4m/yr

jwitten82

Reaction score
I’ll ask Cowboys fans this because I was in 2nd grade then and couldn’t even walk during the '90s run. When Emmitt Smith finished his career in Arizona, didn’t you wish he had just one more year in Dallas? I’ll hang up and listen.

Yep Im Hearing It Now Zeke Is No E Smith' And That My Friend Is Not The Point.

Going To Eat Some Turkey Legs On Thanksgiving Day
Lol so whats the point in bringing Emmitt Smith up?

vig454

Reaction score
There is nothing more to do than root for Zeke. I hope he proves us wrong but I wouldn't count on it. So , how is Jerry going to sell this to the fan base to get his money ? As far as tanking the season, hmmm.:huh:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
To be fair, nobody predicted 12 win seasons in any of the previous 3 and predicted us to stink.
The coaching staff deserves major praise for their work this season. However, with better decision-making from the GMs, we might have won a playoff game or two. It's frustrating to see the potential limited by the front office's shortcomings. The team has succeeded despite these challenges, showing resilience and skill. It's high time the Joneses step up to support our talented roster fully.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
This team is just stupid and once they extend Dak, that will prove the point. There’s no master plan in place. Even if they clear space now, they will eventually just put themselves in this same position trying to keep their own guys. Foolish decisions.. that’s what they do best!
Signing Zeke is about the only thing we've done this offseason that makes sense...Jerry sense. Now he can roll out all those clearance 21 jerseys one more time. Doubt he's gonna sell too many Dowdle jerseys.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry said he really watched Zeke play at the end of last year. Jerry says 100% Zeke is starting RB material in 2024.

Jerry knows football. Lets trust the process.
This my friends, is an example of why this team can't sniff a NFCCG.

superonyx

Reaction score
I have a feeling the issue with Moss had more to do with him getting a multi year deal with the Bengals rather than the 2024 number. The Cowboys dont seem to be buying anything past this year right now.
Zak Moss is just another guy anyway.
What has he done in his career to deserve anyone to cry about not having him.

Everyone doesn't like to admit that all these FA RB's are pretty much the same. 3.8-4.3YPC and its all depending on the Offensive Line and amount of carries.

The days of Emmitt and Barry are over and aren't coming back.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
only 2 guaranteed

how about all of y'all that are dissatisfied with this offseason and this team and this front office why don't you go get $10 billion wait in line and buy your own team but in the meantime why don't you try to add a team to the UFL , come on guys why don't you get some of those money seeding things online , find enough money to buy a professional team, start there and show us how you know more, show us how you're an expert ,just come show me ,if not stop judging every move until there's any reason to call it a bad move...

because being an observer you're just a casual fan watching football and you think that you can question every move as if you know better it's ridiculous get over it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they've got a whole stable of running backs right now you think that that guy that you mentioned Zach Moss going to be any good here or where he went there's no guarantee, but we have now Royce ,zeke, dowdle, Peat, Vaughn and hunter.. They will all compete for three or four spots...

They will get it figured out , they will find the best of those guys and like Jerry said in the statement I read somewhere if this doesn't work out they can make a trade anytime up to the trade deadline to bring in a running back during the season ,he's not worried about it.... And he's right there's no need to worry until there is ,

why don't we see how this plays out before we deem it all bad...
Because we have watched this movie for the last 20 years and our leadership has brought us 4 playoff wins in 20 years only 3 teams worse in the entire NFL.

So we have learned when we something stupid we have more chances of being right then they do.

leeblair

Reaction score
SMH. Cherry on top for this abysmal offseason
If Zeke would return to his rookie weight he would put up record numbers. His production slowed tremendously when he put on twenty pounds, thinking it would make him better.
That's poor management on the part of the Cowboys.