Payton Officially Saints HC

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If he drafts Leinart, he's got some weapons to work with. The Saints essentially have been unfortunate and under coached, but they are not without talent.

BC IN DC

Reaction score
Probably be that David Lee guy (QB quality coach) with Parcells back to calling plays. Yuk.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
Think about it....he went 10-6 with QC as QB, with half the talent.

And who was the OC in 2004 with Vinny at helm? Or for that matter, who was the Passing Co-ordinator for Quincy when he threw those yards or who was QB coach for Quincy? So yeah, Think about it, he made Quincy throw for those yards :cool:

wileedog

Reaction score
Meh, the guy was asked to run a time of possession based offense without an offensive line, and injured RB and an immobile QB. I think he did a decent job considering.

I would rather have lost Zimmer.

Hiero

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
If he drafts Leinart, he's got some weapons to work with. The Saints essentially have been unfortunate and under coached, but they are not without talent.
Deuce McAllister, Joe Horn, Dante Stallworth, they have a lot of weapons on offense for leinart. jamaal brown and lecharles bentley if he stays for the OL. I think he should be able to turn things around in NO a bit with Leinart. They have a lot of talent, maybe they need someone to just whip them into shape.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
If he drafts Leinart, he's got some weapons to work with.

I don't question his ability to work with QB's...I think he's done a good job there, just think his playcalling SUX! And yes he is the one calling plays in the game...no matter what game plan was established.

KingTuna

Reaction score
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get Dan Henning in here now!!!

OR

someone with some creativity!!!!!

Don't forget your pal Zimmer too!!!

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
And who was the OC in 2004 with Vinny at helm? Or for that matter, who was the Passing Co-ordinator for Quincy when he threw those yards or who was QB coach for Quincy? So yeah, Think about it, he made Quincy throw for those yards :cool:

I get it...so he gets credit for QC because he was QB coach...nothing to do with MUCH BETTER/UNPREDICTABLE play calling. :rolleyes:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
A sucker is born every minute, and New Orleans just took the bait....

That town is full of suckers, case in point, the fool that decided to start a city under sea level.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I get it...so he gets credit for QC because he was QB coach...nothing to do with MUCH BETTER/UNPREDICTABLE play calling. :rolleyes:

OK, and the unpredictable play calling is not BP's doing? Okie Dokie, I guess we shall see the innovative calling next year, with BP at helm again :rolleyes:

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
That leaves them in position for either Leinart or Vince.... I think he could do well with either of those two if the Saints get some other players. Maybe Payton would try to get permission to talk with Zimmer? If we were still running the 4-3, then I think he's not a terrible coach(yes, I know there are some that want to get rid of him because of his bend don't break philosophy).. But the players weren't the only ones that were learning on the fly.. While there was improvement on the stat sheet from '04 to '05.. I'm not convinced he could further progress in the 3-4 from last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KingTuna said:
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's get Dan Henning in here now!!!

Don't forget your pal Zimmer too!!!
I like the way you think KT!!!

calico

Reaction score
Congrats to Payton. I am sad to see him go. We never got to really see what he could do since he was smothered by Parcells.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
OK, and the unpredictable play calling is not BP's doing? Okie Dokie, I guess we shall see the innovative calling next year, with BP at helm again :rolleyes:

IMO the playcalling from years 2003 and 2004 were not nearly as bad as this year when it was turned over to Payton...this is why I was on Payton's arse since the Skins game...countless posts from me on his inability and lack of creativity.

Duane

Reaction score
I never had a problem with Peyton as our offense seemed to click when the offensive line protected Bledsoe.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Duane said:
I never had a problem with Peyton as our offense seemed to click when the offensive line protected Bledsoe.

Why be reasonable when you can make crazy all or nothing evaluations about people?