Payton Officially Saints HC

Eskimo

Reaction score
Well I guess I should wish Payton well - never caused a problem here during his stay and put up some decent production despite a lack of quality OL play during his stay here as "passing game coordinator".

It'll be interesting to see who becomes the OC next year. I wonder if we can lure one of the top OL coaches by giving him the title - no club could block the move without giving him the new title.

My hopes are for Tice or Beightol for OL coach.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Well I guess I should wish Payton well - never caused a problem here during his stay and put up some decent production despite a lack of quality OL play during his stay here as "passing game coordinator".

It'll be interesting to see who becomes the OC next year. I wonder if we can lure one of the top OL coaches by giving him the title - no club could block the move without giving him the new title.

I'd love to have Tice as our OL/OC- I think he really does have a bright future despite some of the mess (self-inflicted and otherwise) he has endured.

ddh33

Reaction score
Congratulations to Sean. I think he's a good football coach, and I think the Saints will be better off for it. That's not that bad of a team that they have. With a little coaching and some good luck (and they are due for that), they can be right back in the thick of things again.

As for where the Cowboys go next, Todd Haley may not be a bad guy for the job. He's fiery, and I do think that Bill respects him.

I'm more interested in seeing what other coaches may go with Sean...

Mol Mol

Benched
Reaction score
Thank god he is gone..now maybe the bone headed offensive calls we had last year will stop.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Mol Mol said:
Thank god he is gone..now maybe the bone headed offensive calls we had last year will stop.

I doubt it. It wasn't Payton who played for a tie going into the final few minutes each week.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
rgcowboys said:
He should of never took this job. The Saints are in turmoil and he will be fired in 2 years.

I disagree...this is a chance for him to tutor Matt Lienhart, there's no way the Saints will fire him within the next couple seasons, they're gonna rebuild. IMO he's in a pretty good situation.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
what Payton did for our offense has been amazing, look at the talent he's had to work with, and still we started off hot the last 2 years, too bad the talent was never there for him, hope our next O-coordinator gets some

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Good luck to him. He'll need it.

yep, no matter how bad Aaron Brooks was at QB, it's going to get worse with whoever they decide to stick in his place, a draft pick, or Todd Bouman

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
I want Henning. Make him Assistant Head Coach if you have too.

I want nothing that disrupts the continuity of our offense, it's not like we have the talent to re-learn a new system on the run again

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I don't know if your joking, but there is some truth to that. BP never let Carthon call the plays which is why he left to Cleveland for the same job description. The only difference in Cleveland is that Crennel lets him call the offensive plays. It's a little different for Payton though, he was promoted.

where's truth to that? can't it just be a large possibility that Payton jumped at the chance to run his own team? I mean, how many coordinators in the NFl get that opportunity? hell, Ted Cottrell has been waiting years

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Eskimo said:

Payton got Vinny T and Quincy Carter to throw for over 3,000 yards, that's a heck of a job in my book

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Would anyone's opinion of Parcells change if Dallas' offense struggles next year and the Saints w/ Payton light it up offensively?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
they're gonna rebuild.

Yeah...from the stadium on up.

baj1dallas said:
IMO he's in a pretty good situation.

Yep. Probably let him pick out the new colors for the locker rooms.

I know your being optomistic but that franchise is in a quandry and that's being nice. The owner is even playing games.

I wish him the best........cause he's gonna need it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't have time to read all the post, so maybe this has been brought up.

Maybe he will trade for Glover and Ellis from us, since it has been rumored they may be gone.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
what Payton did for our offense has been amazing, look at the talent he's had to work with, and still we started off hot the last 2 years, too bad the talent was never there for him, hope our next O-coordinator gets some

He only ran the offense in 2005 :)