Payton Officially Saints HC

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'll be less enthused about this departure if/when Todd Haley is named the new offensive coordinator.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Dale said:
I'll be less enthused about this departure if/when Todd Haley is named the new offensive coordinator.

He better not be.........:(

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Never had a problem with Peyton, however, it will be very interesting to see if we hire from outside the organisation (hope) or from within...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
I'm with you 100% - Haley is not qualified to be an NFL OC. If he gets the gig I am very, very concerned.

What names are you hearing? After the obvious Henning(if not under contract) & Mike Sherman come to mind if not head coach.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
I'm with you 100% - Haley is not qualified to be an NFL OC. If he gets the gig I am very, very concerned.

What names are you hearing? After the obvious Henning(if not under contract) & Mike Sherman come to mind if not head coach.

I want Henning. Make him Assistant Head Coach if you have too.

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Dale said:

If it's Haley he will be a puppet and BP will call plays....JMHO.

I really hope BP goes out and gets a real OC...someone he can literally turn the offense over too. BP needs to stay focused on the defensive side...he strong suit.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Congrats to Coach payton, and welcome our soon to be OC Todd Haley

silver

Reaction score
what mo carthon up to these days? i wonder if he would make a parallel move.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
If he drafts Leinart, he's got some weapons to work with. The Saints essentially have been unfortunate and under coached, but they are not without talent.

The Saints have definitely underachieved lately. I would have thought a coach that stresses discipline would do well with that team. Payton doesn't strike me as that.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Are there any good candiates out there?, Hated Norv to Niners!

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Now we know how bad it is to work for Parcells!

Payton is willing to take the Saints head coaching job just to get away from Parcells! :)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
If Haley is picked, don't throw him under the bus before he is given a chance. Position coaches generally are moved up the ranks when coaches exit. Parcells thought enough of him to bring him back. Talk about underqualified, look who the Jets just hired. Until he is given the job and fails, lets give him a chance. At least we know he has fire.

neosapien23

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Now we know how bad it is to work for Parcells!

Payton is willing to take the Saints head coaching job just to get away from Parcells! :)

I don't know if your joking, but there is some truth to that. BP never let Carthon call the plays which is why he left to Cleveland for the same job description. The only difference in Cleveland is that Crennel lets him call the offensive plays. It's a little different for Payton though, he was promoted.

rgcowboys

Reaction score
He should of never took this job. The Saints are in turmoil and he will be fired in 2 years.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
although i wasn't his biggest fan i wish him the best of luck in New Orleans and hope he gives the city hope after that horrible disaster that happened. GOOD LUCK COACH PAYTON!!!!

Now as for us who do ya think we have the best chance of hiring at OC other than someone if the organization because i really hope its not Todd Haley

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
good for him wish him the best I have a feeling he will call Zimm to be his DC