Payton Wilson: Cowboys MLB draft target

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Can’t wait to get Overshown back.

That guy is going to be the star of that draft class imo.

Big talent.
I don't understand the hype of Overshown who hasn't played one snap in a regular season or postseason NFL game.

Before the... Oh in preseason he looked like a beast...

How many times have we seen guys in preseason look amazing and got to a real game and wasn't that good?

He could be really good but Dallas shouldn't rely on him. Go into off-season not counting on him is what I think is smart. Both draft and free agency

rambo2

Reaction score
Trade back and draft the center from Oregon and then take Cooper from A&M followed by Wilson.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I don't understand the hype of Overshown who hasn't played one snap in a regular season or postseason NFL game.

How many times have we seen guys in preseason look amazing and got to a real game and wasn't that good?

He could be really good but Dallas shouldn't rely on him. Go into off-season not counting on him is what I think is smart. Both draft and free agency
His scouting report is also the opposite of what we need…more of a finesse LBr good at blitzing and coverage.

So yea, I’m not counting on him at all to fix our run D woes.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I liked what Overshown showed in preseason, but he is that safety/LB hybrid that we already have a billion of. Juanyeh, Bell, Wilson, Kearse...

Payton Wilson effectively plays a different position than him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

My hype is more about watching him in college.

He is what people think Parsons is as a linebacker.

He actually has instincts for the position and his acceleration is incredible.

Gambit

Reaction score
My hype is more about watching him in college.

He is what people think Parsons is as a linebacker.

He actually has instincts for the position and his acceleration is incredible.
Like a rocket

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Wilson but honestly, I'd like to see them bring in a veteran inside guy as well. Maybe a Josey Jewell from Denver or see if Wagner is willing to leave Seattle now that Carroll is done.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like Wilson but honestly, I'd like to see them bring in a veteran inside guy as well. Maybe a Josey Jewell from Denver or see if Wagner is willing to leave Seattle now that Carroll is done.
Check out Frankie Luvu as a FA. I live in Charlotte so I’m biased but love him against the run and as a blitzer.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Check out Frankie Luvu as a FA. I live in Charlotte so I’m biased but love him against the run and as a blitzer.
I’m just up the road from you in Lexington,NC. I would not mind signing Frankie, Panthers actually had a pretty decent defense. I definitely would love to have Derrick Brown at defense tackle from the Panthers.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m just up the road from you in Lexington,NC. I would not mind signing Frankie, Panthers actually had a pretty decent defense. I definitely would love to have Derrick Brown at defense tackle from the Panthers.
Nice! Hey if we want to trade for Derrick Brown sign me up. Dude is a monster. Give me Brian Burns while you're at it lol.

Probably their best 2 players.

Gambit

Reaction score
Sportstrac puts his valuation at 11mil a year for 4 years. Which would put him 8th in LB contracts based on last year numbers. I've been touting him too, but probably too rich for Jerry's blood.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just listened to the draft show where Dane stated that Turner has had double, digit surgeries. He might be a medical red flagged player that is off the team's board. We just saw what happens when you take a LB with injury concerns in both Lve.

Gambit

Reaction score
I just listened to the draft show where Dane stated that Turner has had double, digit surgeries. He might be a medical red flagged player that is off the team's board. We just saw what happens when you take a LB with injury concerns in both Lve.
I listened to that show last night too. Interesting though didn't get the sense that it was an automatic big red flag for him.

They also talked about possible medicals for a few players Jonathan Brooks the RB and Zinter the C specifically

cnuball21

Reaction score
Sportstrac puts his valuation at 11mil a year for 4 years. Which would put him 8th in LB contracts based on last year numbers. I've been touting him too, but probably too rich for Jerry's blood.

Probably so, but about half of what the top guys are getting paid.