Payton Wilson: Cowboys MLB draft target

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, I can’t speak to that. doesn’t seem wholly relevant though. What’s your opinion?
Yeah what's relevant about opinions before the draft about his alleged great college career?

All that matters is what we think after he's been drafted. We just didn't want to talk about it before the draft. Nothing to see here.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah what's relevant about opinions before the draft about his alleged great college career?

All that matters is what we think after he's been drafted. We just didn't want to talk about it before the draft. Nothing to see here
snark aside, my point was if his college career excites folks now, what does a lack of pre-draft opining have to do with anything? opinions are either warranted or they’re not. again, what’s YOUR opinion?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Especially when nobody said a positive word about him when the Cowboys were reported to be interviewing him. Zero support.

But they drafted him. Future stud. The blown out knee a mere speed bump.

I'd approach the offseason like you're going to get nothing from Overshown. There's no reason to count on him whatsoever. He's a healthy question mark coming off of a major injury who hasn't taken a meaningful snap yet.
I completely agree

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I liked what Overshown showed in preseason, but he is that safety/LB hybrid that we already have a billion of. Juanyeh, Bell, Wilson, Kearse...

Payton Wilson effectively plays a different position than him.
6 ft 2+5⁄8 in
(1.90 m)
229 lb
(104 kg)
32+1⁄4 in
(0.82 m)
9+1⁄2 in
(0.24 m)
4.56 s1.59 s2.62 s4.47 s7.17 s36.5 in
(0.93 m)
10 ft 6 in
(3.20 m)
15 reps

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Just feel like Wilson will be Sean Lee. All pro when healthy … but never healthy
Possible.

Lee was great when he was healthy though.

He missed some games, but played in a lot (118 games in 11 seasons).

I get what you are saying. We have been bitten before.

Wilson is a second round talent but with the concerns (and our history), I probably don't daft him until the third round.

1942willys

Reaction score
We need more beef at the LB position; frankly I would like to get at least one guy pushing 250.

Carson

Reaction score
Older prospect, reports he’s had 10+ surgeries, shorter arms.

Hoping he is there round 3

Sandyf

Reaction score
He is a late 3rd or later type pick. Great size and plays smart and with abandon but again a guy with questionable medicals with multiple knee and shoulder injuries. Like him but for me it would have to be in the 5th round area due to the injury concerns.

Carson

Reaction score
He is a late 3rd or later type pick. Great size and plays smart and with abandon but again a guy with questionable medicals with multiple knee and shoulder injuries. Like him but for me it would have to be in the 5th round area due to the injury concerns.
He’s a perfect risk pick for a team like Washington / Chicago / SF with a crap ton of picks. If he doesn’t pan out he doesnt cost you anything

Beaker42

Reaction score
Im all over him at 56. Injury concerns and durability are massive concerns.

Another guy i am growing to like is Junior Colson out of Michigan
This kid is Sean Lee upgraded. I’m all over him at 56 or a slight trade up.