Payton Wilson: Cowboys MLB draft target

Croomraider

Reaction score
100%...go get a freaking LBr in FA.
Overshown is a really good coverage LBr and will definitely get some sneaky game changing blitz packages but he
is not a hard-nose run stopper. We 1000 percent need to address this in the draft. We need a young
player whose ready to roam sideline to sideline! Fred Warner was taken 70th overall and he is a total game
changer for the niners. There should be value in first or second to fix this problem.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Overshown is a really good coverage LBr and will definitely get some sneaky game changing blitz packages but he
is not a hard-nose run stopper. We 1000 percent need to address this in the draft. We need a young
player whose ready to roam sideline to sideline! Fred Warner was taken 70th overall and he is a total game
changer for the niners. There should be value in first or second to fix this problem.
Frankie Luvu in FA. It’s incredibly simple but Jerry will probably sign 40 year old Bobby Wagner instead bc of his name.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trade back and draft the center from Oregon and then take Cooper from A&M followed by Wilson.
I would like to trade back a bit, get some extra draft picks. If we can get a 3rd and a 4th, would be great by dropping a few spots.
I have not looked at the trade value chart by saying that though. Getting another 2nd would be great. If they don't waste it as usual.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Frankie Luvu in FA. It’s incredibly simple but Jerry will probably sign 40 year old Bobby Wagner instead bc of his name.
And some fans on here would be happy for Wagner. Not me, but some would be.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This kid is Sean Lee upgraded. I’m all over him at 56 or a slight trade up.
Payton Wilson is not expected to make it past the 40th overall pick. Cowboys should try to trade down towards the end of the 1st round or very early 2nd while picking up a late 3rd or early 4th round pick. Then use that traded down late 1st or very early 2nd round pick to draft Payton Wilson. If the Cowboys hear chatter of how Payton Wilson won't last through the end of the 1st round, bite the bullet and draft him with our 24th overall. Payton Wilson has too much talent to let slip to another team. MLB is our #1 necessity with LVE's reinjured neck likely meaning his career is finished.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
There isn’t a LB in this draft worth taking in round 1. Especially not a guy with Wilson’s injury history. Sign a vet in FA.