Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Defense, something Dallas cares about minimaly. Pederson and Foles had little to do with that win today. I am not absolving our coaching staff but defense still wins championships!
While I agree defense reigns supreme most of the time it was the Eagles offense that gave Atlanta 10 points in the first half. If they didn't take over the game in the 2nd half no defense in the world would have helped. You need a balanced team that's decent in every area to be a successful playoff team.

canters

Reaction score
Certainly the birds FO is better. No one can really dispute that. But its also clear Pederson will eat Garrets lunch anytime the two teams play. When he wants to- before someone is stupid enough to mention the last game. You can be happy with that?
No doubt Peterson is a better game manager/coach, just based on last night’s game, for example. They had a plan, stuck with it, showed discipline, and it paid off. I wrote a post somewhere here last night that without a doubt, we (Linehan) would NOT have had the patience to do that, even assuming we could come up with a game plan that made sense. We would have passed too much, lost patience with the running game, and probably had too many 3-and-outs. Atlanta would have had the ball too much and their D remained fresh.
Philly physically won the game last night in addition to scoring more points.

Londonboy

Reaction score
but not always. Our D line in the late 70's and early 80's was undoubtedly the best in the NFL but we only won 1 SB. You need more.
Agreed, but a dominant D Line improves all levels of the D, add a franchise QB and You've got a contender.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No doubt Peterson is a better game manager/coach, just based on last night’s game, for example. They had a plan, stuck with it, showed discipline, and it paid off. I wrote a post somewhere here last night that without a doubt, we (Linehan) would NOT have had the patience to do that, even assuming we could come up with a game plan that made sense. We would have passed too much, lost patience with the running game, and probably had too many 3-and-outs. Atlanta would have had the ball too much and their D remained fresh.

Isn't that one of the biggest criticism of this coaching staff? They keep sticking with stuff even when it doesn't work lol? Pederson coached exactly how we did when we went on that terrible 3 game losing streak...his defense is just better.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Peterson has not always been smart with his situational decisions. He has a strong tendency to go for it on 4th down, foregoing a FG or flipping the field and it has cost them.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They had a premium pick and drafted a franchise QB. We had premiums picks and upgraded the strength of the team (running game) and drafted flipper, who we knew had to sit out at least a year before contributing.

I am a Dak fan, so I don’t want to turn this into a Dak vs Wentz debate, but Philly had needs and they went out and addressed them. They made brilliant moves to overcome Chip Kelly’s disaster of giving away the talent and draft picks.

The Cowboys still make you scratch your head at what they are thinking. Fine, draft Zeke to improve upon our running attack which was near the top of the league. Then we get into the playoffs and won’t use the running game in short yardage and red zone opportunities. Jaylon is in street clothes watching the defense get shredded without being able to help one bit, in what could turn out to be the best chance the team had of making the NFC Championship game in his career here.

We can’t use the draft entirely to address needs but the team seems like it is afraid to bring in a free agent unless the player is in the bargain bin due to underperforming or off the field issues.

Philly’s transformation has been impressive to watch. I usually root against our rivals but quit caring last year. If Dallas isn’t good enough to win then I don’t care who wins anymore. Maybe Philly winning will wake Jerry up. Maybe he hates Philly like I used to. I doubt it but we can’t lose hope.
I don't think Jerry cares. He;s a billionaire with an ego. If he cares who won SB's he would change by now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I am confused, the Garrett supporters have told me repeatedly that the "process" of building a team "the right way" takes years and years and years before you can play in an NFC Championship Game.

Pederson in his second year on the job is hosting the dam thing................how can this be:huh:
I was told 10 years minimum and he'll be our next Landry. He's building something here and if you can't see it you're stupid. All these first and second year coaches must not have the same process than the clapper.

glimmerman

Reaction score
JG is not a head coach he is a clapping yes man figure head. He has no clock management skills or the ones he does have hasn’t improved. He has no situational playcalling and don’t want his OC to have them either. Go in with a plan and hope it works out. He will never get any better than he is right now and our players have to win despite him. Thank JJ for that.

Pants

Reaction score
Jerry keeps his bank statements by his side during games like these. That way when he starts to feel just a little bad, he looks at them and forgets what he was feeling bad about...

C'mon, that is SO unfair....will mcclay just talked JJ into dumping his flip-phone that he had since his glory year's in the 90's, so now he has a iPhone 4s that has an app on it with his bank statements....geez, get the story straight....

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
All Jerry cares about is being right. If it him takes him 30 years to win another SB, just so he can say "I told you so", he'll never admit he was wrong that whole time...
He doesn't really get it. If the Cowboys somehow win a SB in the next 10 to 20 years it will be in spite of him not because of him. Nobody in their right mind is going to give him any credit after all these years.

Pants

Reaction score
Jerry (90's/2017)
film-it_20170908_081017.jpg

Jerry's front office
circus%20clowns.jpg

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It seems like just yesterday we were all laughing at Chip Kelly and his house cleaning. Well the organization realized they made a mistake and were openly ready to move on. Jerry never admits he made a mistake and until he can do that this team will never move forward. Garrett is not an NFL caliber coach and his assistants were found on the scrap heap pile of coaches and thats because real head coach wants to come to Dallas and be undermined by Jerry!
:hammer: