Pederson in 2nd Yr Has Advanced Farther Than Garrett In 8. How Can This Be?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's unreal how Kelly dismantled this team and two years later they're in the NFCC game. Unreal.

But besides the management, we should talk about the coaching. You can't just say, 'oh, they don't have Jerry'.

Well, they had HFA and a first round bye just like us. And they were ready to play. Unlike us. As far as I know, the GM doesn't have anything to do with the team's readiness for a game. That's all on the coaches. And we've failed miserably in that regard.

Not all that unreal. We're just stuck with a very wealthy mom-n-pop operation masquerading as an NFL organization.

We just wasted 10 years of a playoff caliber QB's career and came away empty handed. While the team has some young talent in place now, until the there are sweeping changes throughout the organization, I don't foresee any reason for legitimate hope.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Strong defense and ingenuity on offense. It's been the Patriot way for a long time and the Eagles are using the same model. Dallas, on the other hand, employs the weak defense and outdated offense from glory days long past model. Garrett is incapable or unwilling to adjust his scheme to his player's abilities and to exploit weakness or mismatches. It is excruciating to watch less talented teams running innovative offenses and being aggressive on defense.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
All I know is I'd like to see a Jag's / Vikings SB. Never going to happen but I can dream...

I don't think the Jags will get by the Steelers. I'm hoping for Vikings/Steelers. Zimm is an old cowboy and I've had enough of the Pats winning SB's to last me another 30 years

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
What I find crazy is that they seemed to be on the trash heap and in 2 years they have rebuilt. How the heck did they do that?
The offensive scheme under Kelly was grade A garbage and solely responsible for making his own D dead and buried by halftime. They had plenty of talent and just needed some smart coaching. The Owner took matters into his own hands, put the GM back in charge, cleaned out the coaching staff, and drafted well.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Anyone who watched the Eagle/Falcons game knows that lady luck played a large hand in that one. Any time a ball bounces off of a players knee, ricochet's 10-15 yards in the opposite direction to have it caught by by a team mate and advanced 10 yards is s**t house lucky. Foles was horrible in the first half. The entire Eagles offense was hoorible in the first half, putting the ball on the carpet 4 times. Lady luck was on their side, not good coaching by DP. They were s**t house lucky to only be 1 point down at half time. The outcome of the game had very little to do with Pedersome's play calling. The game spun on a slip or two in the end zone by Julio and he still beat the Eagles defender on a leap for the ball. Just missed it. The Eagles play like that again against the Vikings or NO and their season is over.

Yes their defense played great. I'm betting their DC is a HC somewhere in the league next year. As far as Pedersome is concerned, he's nearly as uninspiring as Garrett.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
What I find crazy is that they seemed to be on the trash heap and in 2 years they have rebuilt. How the heck did they do that?
Drafted a first round QB who learned his first year. Played in the FA market in 2016 adding some offensive weapons, Db's and a RB. Last year we were sitting here after a play off loss crying in our beer while the Eagles were watching. This year the reverse. The Boys and the Eagles have had a hated rivalry for years. Prediction? It will continue. Remember how well the Giants played in 2016 and they were our nemesis? Their defense would beat us every time? Every year is different, it's why the game is played on the field and not based on the previous years performance

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Smart man, intelligent, makes adjustments like they did with their offense at the half. Gets creative and has b*lls to go for it on 4th & they have great balance pass and run he makes the defense’s huff and puff.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The Eagles win can be partially attributed to a coach but his name is Schwartz, not Pedersome. Schwartz will be a HC somewhere after the season is over. Same with Patricia of the Pats. MacDaniels as well

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Their GM knows that if he the talent he acquires does not translate to success (division titles, advancing deep into playoffs) he could get fired.

The coach knows that if he does not have success (division titles, advancing deep into playoffs) he could get fired.

If the Cowboys coach and GM are not successful then they ............always, always have next year.
THIS MORE THAN ANY OTHER THING IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DALLAS COWBOYS

mahoneybill

Reaction score
A falcons db kneeing an easy interception back to the eagles had about as much to do with it as well.

That and at least to me a non call on last play. Yes Julio slipped but it sure looked like the dB put his hands on his back when he went to get up thereby impeding his progress. I guess the ref figured he got up , so no foul. Instead of 1 st and goal with 50 seconds left Game Over

Mannix

Reaction score
I used to support Jerry, but his stubborn ways have allowed both Pittsburgh and New England to fly by us in trophy count.....not to mention his love for The Clapping Carrot.

BTW, I love this site!!! Approximately how many replies do I have to make before I get full authority to create a thread? Never been on probation before....it is creeping me out.

Last edited:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Yep, but this just supports my point. Peterson’s depth was inherited as well. We can put 19-22 good players on the field but if we lose one in a key spot,we fall apart.

I do think Peterson is probably a better game coach than JG, but JG’s front office is less competent than Peterson’s.

Interesting also is that JG as a QB has a better rating than Peterson. Not that it counts for anything but Peterson seems to know how to mix up his O better than Jason , and has a superior D. Especially line.

That said 15 points is not a lot of production to feel secure that your D will hold the opposition down for you to win primarily on FGs