Penn State Head Coach Joe Paterno FIRED *SuperMerge*

JBond

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4249031 said:
This is nothing new with that house. I'm sure if you can find records that house has been sold and resold within the family for years for different reasons. Paterno told me once when I was at the house when I complimented him on it he said, "I'm not even sure it's mine. It might be my wife's or my kids because we have sold it a few times."

I thought maybe he was in financial trouble but he said it was part of his retirement program. I don't know if he was taking out mortgages or what. Also, I imagine it was his wife's brother (I think) that suggested this. He told me that he handled most of their financial affairs.

I am not here to argue with you Cajun. I'm just posting relevant follow up stories. My company is in my wife's name for tax purposes. I understand there are reasons for those types of moves at times. It was just another in long string of odd coincidences. I don't blame the guy for trying to protect his assets. I blame him for other things.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Listening to Cowherd this morning Paternos' attorney stated the house was sold to his wife for 'tax purposes'.

A professor, nationally acclaimed as an expert in elder law, commented that such a transaction would have no discernible tax benefits but could be used by an individual to protect assets from legal proceedings.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dreghorn2;4249101 said:
Listening to Cowherd this morning Paternos' attorney stated the house was sold to his wife for 'tax purposes'.

A professor, nationally acclaimed as an expert in elder law, commented that such a transaction would have no discernible tax benefits but could be used by an individual to protect assets from legal proceedings.

I agree.

Although I don't see what the big deal is. If he had a feeling this would cause others to sue him...then he'd be stupid to not switch it over.

YR

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
JBond;4249096 said:
I am not here to argue with you Cajun. I'm just posting relevant follow up stories. My company is in my wife's name for tax purposes. I understand there are reasons for those types of moves at times. It was just another in long string of odd coincidences. I don't blame the guy for trying to protect his assets. I blame him for other things.

And I am just passing on information that this isn't something that just happened. This is something that has been done with that house for years and years.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
JBond;4249306 said:
The also removed his name from the new Big 10 trophy. The seem determined to erase the past. I have yet to see a fund set up for the abused children to pay for their college and counselling. Their priorities are still screwed up.

This whole thing, .. from the coverup getting deeper and deeper, to the riots, to the game last Saturday idolizing Paterno and the PS football program, to the neglect of the victims is .. 'cult-like'.

It is kind of creepy.

These people bow before JoePa like Jim Jones or something.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
JBond;4249306 said:
The also removed his name from the new Big 10 trophy. The seem determined to erase the past. I have yet to see a fund set up for the abused children to pay for their college and counselling. Their priorities are still screwed up.
How can they realistically do that? They can't admit culpability when they probably have no idea of the depth of this as it is. Those who have contacted attorneys to allege abuse haven't come forward. PSU can't just start doling out $$ to every person who is anonymously claiming abuse. That's going to be a difficult process for PSU to figure out.

Sadly, there may be some who come forward who Sandusky didn't molest, just trying to score some $$$. As much as they might want to circle the wagons, they probably can't go full bore the opposite direction either.

JBond

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4249393 said:
How can they realistically do that? They can't admit culpability when they probably have no idea of the depth of this as it is. Those who have contacted attorneys to allege abuse haven't come forward. PSU can't just start doling out $$ to every person who is anonymously claiming abuse. That's going to be a difficult process for PSU to figure out.

Sadly, there may be some who come forward who Sandusky didn't molest, just trying to score some $$$. As much as they might want to circle the wagons, they probably can't go full bore the opposite direction either.

That is a very reasonable opinion. But something should be done for these kids. I am sure there will be some sort of settlement eventually, but that may take a very long time. There are bad people everywhere, and I am sure you are correct and that some people will make false allegations just for the $$$.

The whole thing is just sickening.