People That Irritate You

timb2

Reaction score
I don't know what it is,but I always get some stranger that looks and talks like Festus from Gunsmoke on crack. Thinks I want to hear their life story. Like I want to hear you mumbling and talking about critters and butchering the English language . It's nails on a chalkboard to me..

So I figure we can make this a topic. What kind of person annoys you?

ESisback

Reaction score
Most of the so called experts on TV. If the NFCE had the best record, if the NFCE has 2 Super Bowl contenders (Philly and Dallas, and if the NFCE has 2 playoff contenders (NYG, Washington), then WHY do they rhapsodize over the AFCE? Why is the AFCE so “killer”?

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
People who don’t know what they want when they pull up to the order station at fast food places. I know some people that apparently don’t even think about what they want to eat until they’re asked, and then they have to spend forever looking at the menu they should have been looking at it the previous 5 minutes they were waiting in line.

ESisback

Reaction score
People who don’t know what they want when they pull up to the order station at fast food places. I know some people that apparently don’t even think about what they want to eat until they’re asked, and then they have to spend forever looking at the menu they should have been looking at it the previous 5 minutes they were waiting in line.
Or the people who have giant orders at the supermarket. They wait until all 97 items are totaled, THEN they start fumbling for their checkbook/sock money/coupons and finding a pen that works.

ESisback

Reaction score
My fam goes to bed early. Whatever I watch, it’s “too loud”. I set the volume control at “36”. My daughter insists the TV vibrates her bed upstairs. Meanwhile, the wife is playing “South Pacific” at 7am at “46” and higher, and NO ONE says a word!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Or the people who have giant orders at the supermarket. They wait until all 97 items are totaled, THEN they start fumbling for their checkbook/sock money/coupons and finding a pen that works.
Then once they're cashed out, they ask for lottery tickets, instead of buying them at the counter that's designed for that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really don't have a high tolerance for many people, but topping my list of annoyances (not of the driving variety, as most of those are well beyond "annoying") would be:

People who sit right next to me at a restaurant or bar, when there's a multitude of empty barstools or tables.

People who don't recognize the look on my face that says, "I've heard enough, and I want to walk away now."

Loud, "LOOK AT ME!" people, who need everyone to hear them, clearly under the delusion that they're special, or even interesting.

People who think they're hilarious, but aren't.

People who don't have control of their children, or even attempt to.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doctors with a complex. Some doctors are the salt of the earth. Others are hellspawn. Most exist somewhere in-between.

I am a hospital medical records supervisor. Deal with doctors every day. Every pet peeve gets directed at me. Case in point:

Two days ago, I got a call from a surgeon. He was upset that his office had not received a copy of a procedure note he dictated into our system. Swears up and down we lost his report. We are just dog do-do. Worthless. "I did not dictate this report for YOUR department to get rid of! This is costing me money!"

Understand, this physician is never wrong. Never wrong as in if it is raining outside and he said it is sunny, he is right and everyone else is both wrong and soaking wet. Think I'm joking? lol.

So I ask for information to identify the patient and their medical chart. I checked the chart. No report. We have two dictation systems, one is voice based for self-transcription and the other is through a transcription service.

I check the voice transcription. Nothing pending an additional action like an electronic signature, etc. Nothing routed to an incorrect account (yes that occasionally happens too). He dictated nothing for the patient.

Moved over to the transcription service's website that can be accessed to review pending and completed jobs. Same thing. Nothing done for the patient.

Checking takes less than a minute and he is on hold. I take him off hold to tell him he did not dictate for this patient. In fact, I tell him I cannot find a date of service for the patient when he claimed the procedure was performed.

He does not put me on hold but asks his nurse standing in the room with him, and who has been quietly listening to our whole exchange (smart woman), "I know this case was at <my hospital>. Now <I> tells me they lost her whole record (which I did not say at all).

His nurse asks him, "Didn't you do surgery over at <another area hospital> for her?"

Dead silence for about seven seconds.

He finally says, "Yes I did. I know where I can find the report now." *click*

:rolleyes:

Big_D

Reaction score

To be fair you can't see some menus till you pull up to the speaker. Also they're electronic now so you actually have to wait til it cycles through different windows and menus. I would love to have my order ready before I pull up, but it's not always an easy thing to pull off. Also add to the list people who order a huge load of stuff. The drive thru isn't so some dumazz can order lunch for the entire office. Some fast food places can make the process much easier cause it's not very fast in most cases.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doctors with a complex. Some doctors are the salt of the earth. Others are hellspawn. Most exist somewhere in-between.

I am a hospital medical records supervisor. Deal with doctors every day. Every pet peeve gets directed at me. Case in point:

Two days ago, I got a call from a surgeon. He was upset that his office had not received a copy of a procedure note he dictated into our system. Swears up and down we lost his report. We are just dog do-do. Worthless. "I did not dictate this report for YOUR department to get rid of! This is costing me money!"

Understand, this physician is never wrong. Never wrong as in if it is raining outside and he said it is sunny, he is right and everyone else is both wrong and soaking wet. Think I'm joking? lol.

So I ask for information to identify the patient and their medical chart. I checked the chart. No report. We have two dictation systems, one is voice based for self-transcription and the other is through a transcription service.

I check the voice transcription. Nothing pending an additional action like an electronic signature, etc. Nothing routed to an incorrect account (yes that occasionally happens too). He dictated nothing for the patient.

Moved over to the transcription service's website that can be accessed to review pending and completed jobs. Same thing. Nothing done for the patient.

Checking takes less than a minute and he is on hold. I take him off hold to tell him he did not dictate for this patient. In fact, I tell him I cannot find a date of service for the patient when he claimed the procedure was performed.

He does not put me on hold but asks his nurse standing in the room with him, and who has been quietly listening to our whole exchange (smart woman), "I know this case was at <my hospital>. Now <I> tells me they lost her whole record (which I did not say at all).

His nurse asks him, "Didn't you do surgery over at <another area hospital> for her?"

Dead silence for about seven seconds.

He finally says, "Yes I did. I know where I can find the report now." *click*

:rolleyes:
Doctors are the worst. We have many that work for us in various facilities. Each one comes and complains about another or a nurse, etc. It’s like they all take turns bashing each other behind closed doors. A surgery runs late, a complaint comes soon after. They missed lunch due to their inability to schedule properly, complaint!

Big_D

Reaction score
I really don't have a high tolerance for many people, but topping my list of annoyances (not of the driving variety, as most of those are well beyond "annoying") would be:

People who sit right next to me at a restaurant or bar, when there's a multitude of empty barstools or tables.

People who don't recognize the look on my face that says, "I've heard enough, and I want to walk away now."

Loud, "LOOK AT ME!" people, who need everyone to hear them, clearly under the delusion that they're special, or even interesting.

People who think they're hilarious, but aren't.

People who don't have control of their children, or even attempt to.

The barstool thing goes for urinals also.. there's a whole line available......

All couples who sit on the same side of a booth.

Rowdy children is definitely a pet peeve. Or people who bring babies to odd places, stay home.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
To be fair you can't see some menus till you pull up to the speaker. Also they're electronic now so you actually have to wait til it cycles through different windows and menus. I would love to have my order ready before I pull up, but it's not always an easy thing to pull off. Also add to the list people who order a huge load of stuff. The drive thru isn't so some dumazz can order lunch for the entire office. Some fast food places can make the process much easier cause it's not very fast in most cases.
If I don't know what I want before I get there, or am unfamiliar with the menu, I'll go inside and stand back from the counter to read the menu. Of course, someone comes up to the counter and asks what I want, when it's obvious I'm trying to decide. At that point I step up to the counter and ask stupid questions.

Big_D

Reaction score
If I don't know what I want before I get there, or am unfamiliar with the menu, I'll go inside and stand back from the counter to read the menu. Of course, someone comes up to the counter and asks what I want, when it's obvious I'm trying to decide. At that point I step up to the counter and ask stupid questions.

Same here, I'll go in, stand back and they still ask?? That's why it's mostly teenagers. Another pet peeve is when they ask as soon as you pull up to the speaker if you want to try a specific combo meal?

I could go all day on fast food. lol How they put the loose change on top of the bills when they hand it back, another annoyance!

A lot of places are switching to the self checkout kiosk which initially pissed me off, but it's actually much better not dealing with some of the morons behind the counter.