People That Irritate You

ESisback

Reaction score
I have a similar pet peeve. Lotto players telling the person behind the counter they want ALL the different types of lotto tickets--one at a time:

"Give me fifteen of the Gold Rush." ~gets the tickets/looks over them/looks back at the available tickets~ "Give me five of the Triple Match." ~gets the tickets/looks over them/looks back at the available tickets~ "Give me two of the Hit 500's." ~gets the tickets/looks over them/looks back at the available tickets~ "Give me seven of the Bonus Star Bonanza." ~gets the tickets...

And everyone knows whoever is working behind the counter, is familiar with this person, because of the disgusted look they see on their face before they even start helping the person.

The same goes for who I call laundry list Powerball players. They walk up to the counter and start reciting sets of numbers. "I want blah-blah-blah-blah-blah powerball blah" Over and over again.

Why not do what most players do? Grab as many play slips as you need. Fill them out. Hand them to the person. They will scan them and give you your Powerball tickets WITH MORE THAN ONE SET OF NUMBERS ON EACH! The person literally has a NEST of tickets, with a single row of numbers on each, piling up on the counter in front of them.

Oh no. That is too hard. I must stand there behind you like it is sixth grade and you are reading a book out loud in class. Maybe I have already filled out my Powerball cards? Perhaps I ran in the store for a loaf of bread and a Icee? Look! My Icee is MELTING while waiting on Rain Man to finish!

/rant
EXACTLY!