People who's the better receiver of D. Jarrett, D. Bowe, T. Ginn, and Robert Meachem?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
masomenos85;1452325 said:
I'm with Theo on this, I don't know how you can consider him a poor route runner.

Your welcome to your opinion but for the record, I do not believe I ever said he was a poor route runner. I said he was not a great route runner. There is a big difference.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Dwayne Bowe is 6-3 220 and runs a 4.4.
Robert Meachem 6-3 218 and runs a 4.38.

Dwayne Jarrett is starting to look like he's going to slip to the early part of the second round.

I think the best bet would be to trade down and acquire first day picks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan;1452531 said:
I won't be surprised if that happens. Even if it's down 6-7 spots or so.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1452328 said:
Your welcome to your opinion but for the record, I do not believe I ever said he was a poor route runner. I said he was not a great route runner. There is a big difference.

Fair enough, how would you rate his route running ability? Good? Average? Below-average? Just saying "not great" is kind of ambiguous, can you clarify a bit?

Jake0

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;1452531 said:
Dwayne Bowe is 6-3 220 and runs a 4.4.
Robert Meachem 6-3 218 and runs a 4.38.

Dwayne Jarrett is starting to look like he's going to slip to the early part of the second round.

Bowe runs a 4.51

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
masomenos85;1452578 said:
Fair enough, how would you rate his route running ability? Good? Average? Below-average? Just saying "not great" is kind of ambiguous, can you clarify a bit?

Absolutly. He is a bit above average in this area as a colligiant but he leans on his size too much rather then getting is body in a better position to catch the ball. In college, he can get away with this but in the NFL, he will not be quicker then the DBs that are covering him. In order for him to be able to use his body and size to there fullest advantage without getting flagged, he will need to run more precise routes. He can't round his patterns off the way he does now. He must use explosion in and out of his cuts. Lazy breaks will tip the DB and translate into picks. He is not a great route runner. At the college level, he is just OK in this respect. This will translate into not good enough in the NFL. He must improve here. That is my opinion.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1452289 said:
TO is not a great route-runner, or tough across the middle, slants and curls are not hard routes to run

I will somewhat agree about crossing the middle last year. He seemed a bit timid. BUT, TO is a very good route runner and made a huge portion of his bank running across the middle ala Jerry Rice. (players with the most YAC ((Y)ards (A)fter the (C)atch) generally get it crossing the middle. Just an FYI)

There is more to a slant than just running at a slant. It (for the most part) generally requires size to shield the CB, strength, quick burst, and the ability fake or take the CB out of the play long enough to get position.

If TO stinks so much, why does has he dominated the game for the last 10 years?