***Per ESPN Romo out 4 weeks with Broken Pinky***Merge

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Is Chris Mortensen the source. If so, then I know he won't be out 4 weeks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
zrinkill;2333375 said:
Well know we know what was wrong yesterday.

That happened on the first offensive play of overtime yesterday.

Yes three games then a bye. Rams, Bucs, then GMen. We're going 1-2 at best during that run.

We'll be lucky to be 5-4 going into our bye cause the break is on his throwing hand so he'll be out for the time they're saying.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I was going to debut a nice little "Turnover Tony" sig pic here soon but I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Not to mention as they were just reporting Briar might not be able to punt cause of where the injury is at on his foot, they said Newman is going to be out another month at least, and we don't know how bad the injury is to Felix.

I can easily see us going 0-3 in this stretch and stumbling into Washington at 4-5.

The deep ball is out with Brad. He doesn't have the arm to go deep so now we're going to have to do nothing but short and our run game, which struggles anyway, now has even more reason to struggle.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
FloridaRob;2333379 said:
I am surprised he would be out that long. Favre played a season with a broken thumb. Played with a split the whole year. I would think a Pinky would have less affect on throwing the ball.

Pinky is the last finger on the ball, I think it effects quite a bit.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
I woke up this morning not feeling very well. Guess it was an omen. This is HORRIBLE news. As poorly as we've been playing lately, losing Romo for a Month ( to add on to Newman being out for a Month ) just makes matters worse. I think Brad Johnson is still a DECENT QB but I'm not liking our chances of getting through these next 3 games. If we can pick up 2 wins out of the 3, I think we'll be ok but doesn't look to good. :(

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Hey didn't we keep a Rookie QB? Maybe we can throw him in the Rams game to see how well he plays. IMO

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2332356 said:
Any injury to a QB's throwing hand is a concern, even if it is the little pinky. As much as we have ragged on Romo, how would we like to see Brad Johnson out there?:eek:

We'll find out soon enough.

This may be a blessing in disguise.

We will be forced to run the ball to protect Brad "Noodle Arm" Johnson and we may lose a few and be forced to concentrate on winning the rest of our games.

Romo's injury will definitely determine whether this "All Pro" team has any grit and determination.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well that was an odd merge into a thread from 11 hours ago... :)

But you know what, I'm almost glad. Not that he's out, of course. But that he now has a legitimate explanation for some of the inaccurate throws and failure to hold on to the ball yesterday.

I'm not that discouraged. We should be able to squeeze out a couple of wins even with Brad Johnson. As long as we make the playoffs fairly healthy, it's good.